This amazing villa is situated in a select elevated position, it is very private with a peaceful setting with incredible scenic and panoramic views to the sea and the bay of São Martinho do Porto.
There are no immediate neighbours within 35 meters.
It is a fantastic spacious holiday home with 3 bedrooms all having the luxury of their own en suite bathroom.
PLEASE NOTE. Although the map shows that the villa is close to the motorway, (2 kms) you cannot see or hear it from the villa. Please take a close look at the photos we are in an elevated position and have uninterrupted views of the Sao Martinho and the coast line. (The reviews say how peaceful it is)
GROUND FLOOR ACCOMMODATION:
• Main door entrance to hall leading in to the kitchen, WC, bedroom 1 and an open tread wooden staircase to the first floor.
• A large double bedroom with a spacious ensuite bathroom, fitted wardrobe and large French window to terrace.
• An elegant fully fitted kitchen and dining area. The kitchen has an electric oven, microwave, hob and an extractor hood, electric kettle, toaster and various other items of equipment.
• A comfortable study with a French window opening on to the front terrace.
• A functional Laundry room with washing machine, cupboards for cleaning materials & equipment, etc.
FIRST FLOOR ACCOMMODATION:
• A sizeable living room (8.3m x 6.8m) with panoramic windows looking out to the west and the Atlantic Ocean beyond.
• From the living room you have access to a balcony which continues round and over to a garage roof terrace.
• A beautiful wooden beamed and cladded ceiling provides the living room with a rustic and airy feel.
• There are two large bedrooms 4m x 5m, each with an ensuite bathroom and in-built wardrobes.
OUTSIDE THE PROPERTY.
To the front of the house there is a decked terrace (15m long x 3.6m wide) with a stone barbeque close to the kitchen. The terrace runs all around the house and is perfect for having all meals outside, enjoying the views and the evening sunset.
At the entrance to the property we have electric gates which lead to a large stone-paved parking area.
The property has grounds with an area of 2750 m2.
The swimming pool (8m x 4m. 2,2m at deep end & 1,2m at shallow) is surrounded by a large terrace where you can enjoy the sun on the sunbed provided.
Throughout the villa wireless internet in provided free.
ABOUT THE AREA AND AMENITIES
The village centre is reached within a 6-minute walk, where there is a minimarket, florist, Village association bar & games room, bakery and café.
• Adjacent village of Casal do Amaro: A confectionery business “Atelier do Doçe” selling delicious cakes and pastries with a coffee shop where one can sit and sample the delicacies on offer.
• Lisbon airport: 104 km/64 miles : Approx. an hours drive South on the A8 motorway for 96% of the journey.
• Sea: 6 km/3.7 miles away. The closest beach for swimming is the bay of São Martinho do Porto.
• Golf courses: ±30 km/18,6 miles : Three renowned course in the region are; Royal Obidos, Bom Sucesso and Praia Del Rey.
• São Martinho do Porto: 6 km/3.7 miles : For a varied selection of restaurants, bars and cafés as well as a protected sheltered and shallow bay for swimming and sunbathing.
• Nazaré: 16 km/10 miles : Now a famous site for big wave surfing, after Garrett McNamara put Nazaré on the map for a world record 30m (100 ft) high wave.
• Alcobaça: 12 km/7,5 miles : An attractive town boasting the beautiful Gothic monastery founded in 1153 by the first king of Portugal, Alfonso Henriques. Now classified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
• Caldas da Rainha: 15 km/9,3 miles : A market town with commercial & industrial centres and a large choice of shops. Named after the Queen’s hot springs (Rainha/Queen Dona Leonor founded a church and hospital on the site of sulphurous hot springs that locals used to treat skin and health ailments).
• Supermarkets: The majors such as LeClerc, Intermarche, Pingo Doce and Continente are located in Caldas da Rainha, Alcobaça, Nazaré and Leiria.
• Shopping centres/malls: “La Vie” in Caldas and “Leiria Shopping” are the two largest in the area.
• Cinemas: Multi-cinemas located at the Shopping centres above.
• Parks and Water-parks: Most large towns (Caldas & Alcobaça) have recreational activities within their parks. Pataias, just to the north of Nazaré has a water theme park, ideally suited for children.
• Subterranean Caves: The nearby Candieiros hills which run north-south, is a Limestone terrain in which several extensive systems of caverns (grutas in Portuguese) exist: Alvados, Santo Antonio and Aire are three of the principal cavern networks. Check websites for opening times & dates.
• Vineyards & Wine routes: Local vineyards and wineries located in Capuchos (near Alcobaça) and in the Obidos & Bombarral regions.
• Sporting events:
o Go karting: two popular circuits in the region, one at Bombarral and the other in Leiria.
o Canoeing/Kayaking/Sailing: Clubs exist at São Martinho do Porto and on the lagoon at Foz do Arelho, where canoes, kayaks and sailing dinghies can be rented by the hour.