About the property
- Studio650 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay7 nights
Spacious Studio With Private Entrance; Well Equipped For Long Or Short Stay
This Garden Patio Suite is located in an attractive rancher style home.
The updated kitchen is bright and roomy with a view of the rock garden, and has:
•Stainless steel appliances – fridge/freezer, stove/hood fan, microwave, and dishwasher
•New white cabinets with fully stocked cookware for home meals
•Table/chairs and full dishware settings
•French press coffee, tea kettle, toaster, etc.
•Basic condiments and cleaning supplies
•Outside patio with sitting area and morning sun
The bathroom has bathtub/shower and is well stocked with toiletries:
•Towels and ample bath linens
•Vanity and linen cupboard
•Sample soaps and hair products
The bed-sitting room is carpeted and cozy with:
•Corner sitting area with loveseat and chair to relax, read or visit
•Queen-size firm bed with beautiful linens provided for sleeping comfort
•Large closet and bedside table drawer space
•Electric fireplace plus baseboard heating
•42” flat screen with cable for TV watching
•Hi-speed wireless service included
•Extra closet for coats and storage for suitcases
•Linens are changed weekly for long stay, unless otherwise arranged
•Suite is easily accessible (no stairs)
•Laundry available on weekly basis
•Off street parking is available
•Bus service is 2 blocks away on Oak Bay Avenue
•No pets please
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 9, 2018
About Mitch Loreth
The garden suite owners reside in the main part of the house and can assist with your stay. The owners are a retired Community Leader and a PhD Nurse who works at the University. We have raised our family in Victoria and can provide much information to enhance your vacation stay. We offer tailored service and meet all our guests upon arrival for check-in; transportation to and from the airport can be arranged. During your stay as our guest, we will endeavor to make your visit easy and enjoyable in the beautiful garden city of Victoria. Please email or phone for detailed information
Mitch Loreth purchased this Studio in 2005
Why Mitch Loreth chose Fairfield
Our property is spacious, clean, quiet, and elegant, and has ocean glimpses. We love the neighbourhood, with interesting walks and views of homes and gardens.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
We were very happy with our suite. It was clean, comfortable and very well equipped. Mitch & Judy are very gracious hosts. It is also a great location as it is close to everything we like to see and do when we go to Victoria. Hope to visit again next time we go to the Island.
Mike & Kathi C.
We were extremely satisfied with our accommodations. Everything was very clean and the apartment was very roomy, never felt crowded. We had a very pretty view in the back with the rock garden and enjoyed our early morning visits from the deer. All the amenities including laundry facilities and lots of handy shopping nearby, We would certainly consider staying here on a return visit. Thank you Mitch and Judy.
Sincerely Nancy and Cliff Canzi
Thanks so much Nancy and Cliff for your wonderful review, very helpful. We enjoyed meeting you, and hope to see you again on a return visit to Victoria.
All the best, Judy and Mitch.
Tout le confort y est. Centre ville à distance de marche raisonnable pour ceux qui aiment marcher
Épiceries boutiques transports tout est a proximité. Belle propriété. Les hôtes sont
Le logement proposé, bien aménagé, est au rez de chaussée de la résidence donc il faut s attendre à des bruits ambiants.
Clean, comfortable space close to Victoria
I had the pleasure of exploring Victoria for 10 days and used the garden suite as my home base. I'm a digital nomad and have been living 100% in vacation rentals for the past 18 months, so I like to provide a very objective review of my stay to help future travelers.
So let me first lay out the PROS of the suite:
1. Clean: This was by far one of the cleanest vacation rentals I have stayed in. Mitch and Judy take immaculate care of the space and it was well-stocked and ready for my arrival, which is so helpful to make it feel like home.
2. Friendly: Mitch and Judy were very helpful in providing recommendations on local hikes and places to explore during my stay. I always appreciate hearing from locals to get the inside scoop on what the tourist brochures don't tell you. They were very accommodating and responsive for this throughout my stay and always reminded me to let them know if I needed anything.
3. Little touches: I appreciate that they had a few breakfast items in the fridge for me since I was planning to check in late, as well as items like coolers in the freezer and grocery bags, which were helpful during longer days out exploring.
There were also a few CONS as well that I think are helpful to point out:
1. Privacy: Part of my desire to stay here was for privacy, as I was traveling solo and in the beginning stages of writing. While the suite was quiet, the private walkway to the suite was used as a way to get into the backyard and Mitch would often be out in the back tending to the yard. While I understand that staying in a garden suite means sharing a space, the suite is listed as having a private entrance with my own outdoor table and chairs. I work from home and need a space without interruption, but I didn't feel like this was possible in sitting outside. Plus, while the dining area is bright with several windows, they face the backyard, so you feel like you're in a bit of a fishbowl, so it made it harder to feel like it was my own space with distractions. I ended up going to local coffee shops or juice bars (check out Jusu Juice by the way) to work.
2. Airflow: While there are several windows in the suite, only 2 windows open. The problem is that they don't have screens and since it's at garden level, I didn't feel comfortable leaving them open in case bugs might get in. It would have been lovely to have had a window open during the cool evenings.
Good, friendly experience overall. Hope this is helpful to future travelers!
Thanks Jen for your review and feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed exploring Southern Vancouver Island. Regards to your two suggestions for improvement:
Privacy: We strive to only use the patio walkway for weekly recycling, watering plants, and keeping the patio swept and clean. Apologies if this disrupted your stay.
Airflow: Your point is well taken. We have decided to order new replacement windows with screens. August was an exceptionally hot month for Victoria, having broken all heat records. Wishing you safe and enjoyable travels.
Mitch and Judy
Beautiful Suite and Friendly Hosts!
The suite was beautiful with a full kitchen, stocked bathroom, big comfortable bed and TV. Very close to cool shops on Oak Bay Avenue, bus stops, and grocery stores.
Not only was the place great, but Mitch and Judy were super friendly and willing to help. I felt like I could text them with any questions and they'd reply as soon as possible. I was visiting Victoria on a research fellowship and they were great about letting me know where to go but also tips on who I should talk to for more information and to make the most of my stay.
Really enjoyed my time here. Thank you both so much!
Many thanks, Sara. Much appreciated! We hope & trust your Pacific Northwest Tour continues to go well. Best of luck. Regards, Mitch & Judy.
Excellent! Can not say enough about how wonderful this was. Beautiful suite, beautiful garden, situated in a gorgeous neighborhood. Very quiet. Owners personable and extremely friendly and accommodating. Had a wonderful stay.
thanks Daryl for such a lovely review. We really hope that you can make it back to Victoria again and we would love to see you.
Best Judy and Mitch
This newly updated Garden Patio Suite has a beautiful lush rock garden to enjoy within the backdrop of a quiet appealing neighbourhood. It is within easy walking distance to many popular Victoria attractions, such as Oak Bay Village and its quaint shops, local beaches (Gonzales, Dallas Road, and Willows Beaches). On your one kilometer walk to Downtown Victoria, you can take in the beautiful gardens of Government House, where the Lieutenant Governor resides, Craigdarroch Castle, a legendary landmark, or the Victoria Art Gallery. Rockland Garden Patio Suite is well located for enjoying the many visitor attractions and fantastic restaurants of Victoria.