Four Bedroom Villa, Sleeps 8
- english, french, german, spanish, portuguese, italian
Gorgeous villa. Shame about the finer details
We had 6 adults/1 child staying here for two weeks and overall, it's a fantastic property but not without a few niggly faults that some might find key. Best way to write this review is in terms of pros and cons:
- Stunning looking property, modern, spacious, cool.
- Lovely pool area. Plenty of room in the large pool that is kept warm, loads of room for sunbathing and great sun all day long. Not overlooked.
- Great facilities. Top notch kitchen, BBQ area, table tennis, pool table, loads of bathrooms. Everything you need.
- All bedrooms have lovely sun terraces. Great for getting away from the group for a private breakfast or quiet early evening drink.
- Great location. Walking distance to a fantastic beach, several lovely restaurants and a couple of bars. A couple of small, basic shops for essentials too.
- Secure and safe. Alarmed, gated and with solid, motorised blinds on all windows.
- The maid who looked after us was fantastic. Came in every 2-3 days and did a wonderful job.
- Child friendly. Obviously it can't be completely safe for little ones but the surfaces aren't too slippy and there are no obvious hazards that my little 3 year old could have slipped on to. Also impossible for them to dart on to a road or anything and the pool is very visible from most of the exterior of the property.
- The agents who manage the property are fantastic. We had a couple of niggles (See below) during our stay and they sorted them as best they could really quickly.
- Oh god, the mattresses! The ones in the twin bedroom and the downstairs bedroom are lovely but in the two doubles upstairs they are bad. Really bad. The one my wife and I had was a memory foam mattress. Fine when it's the same person/people in it every day but when it's new people every 1-2 weeks....Yikes! It was impossible to get anything like a good night's sleep. My wife can sleep on a clothesline and even she said it was unbearable. They could do with replacing this ASAP. The other double upstairs was absolutely rock hard. I guess this is down to personal preference as some like a mattress like this but it was like a hardboard.
- The air con in the bedroom with the memory foam badly needed servicing when we went. It was loud to the point of having to turn it off. Hopefully they can get that sorted ASAP.
- The cockerel. There is a loud cockerel that lives next door that likes to make it's presence felt from sunrise to sundown. And it has a set of lungs on him!
Distance to beach: 0.8km
Distance to restaurants: 0.5km
Distance to shops: 0.6km