Perfect Family Getaway on Mille Lacs Lake(4 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
2 Bedroom, 1 bathrooom cabin on a private lot with stunning views
Recently updated private cabin on the east side of Mille Lacs Lake that sits on a 1 acre lot. (130' wide x 350' deep) Fantastic ocean like views to the west, Doe Island to the south and Big Point to the north. The property is located in "Sunset Bay", you'll discover why it's called this once you experience the postcard like evening views. Over 30 mature trees for shade and privacy but more than enough open space for yard games. Flat elevation from cabin to lake, that leads to a sugar sand beach. (Some of the shoreline has rip rap for erosion prevention) Where you enter the water is essentially a zero entry pool, (perfect for small children) extremely gradual deepening of the water, and on normal water level years, it's roughly 4 feet deep, 300 feet from shore. Fantastic for swimming, kayaking, paddle boards, etc. No weeds and sandy bottom.
1,040 square foot Cabin is equipped with 2 bedrooms and one bath.
- Bedroom one has a queen bed.
- Bedroom two has a bunk bed (single top and double bottom) and additional queen bed. TV with DVD player also.
- 3 piece bathroom (toilet, sink and bathtub/shower) Bath towels provided.
Living room area has a couch and love seat, 42" flat screen with satellite TV, DVD player, Wii game system (20+ games for those rainy days) and coffee table large enough for family game nights. Assortment of board games, books and movies.
Full, well equipped kitchen stocked with pretty much all the essentials of home. Eat in kitchen, table has seating for up to 6.
Nice deck on the front (lakeside) of the cabin with 2 large wrought iron tables and 8 chairs, along with a gas grill. The cabin is roughly 60 feet from the beach so adults can relax on the deck and still keep a close eye on the children.
The property is located near some of the best fishing areas of the lake - Shaws Reef, Big Point, Doe Island Reef are within a 2 mile boat ride. Toucans restaurant (part of The Wharf Resort) is a mile by road and 3/4 of mile by boat for those meals that you don't want to prepare yourself. There are many other resorts and restaurants within a short drive of the cabin. Isle is five miles away with a well equipped grocery store, great bakery, bowling alley and quaint shopping.
For winter sports lovers, the HWY 47 snowmobile trail is close by. This trail connects to hundreds of miles of other maintained snowmobile trails. There are multiple cross country ski trails in the area as well.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2015
- 1040 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Bedroom 2 has TV with satellite.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Full bath with tub/shower combo, toilet and vanity/sink.
- There is an UNIMPROVED (no concrete ramp or dock) township boat access roughly 150yds north of the cabin for boat launching small boats.. (either tie off to our dock or beach your boat at our cabin). Or, there is an improved access (concrete ramp and dock) about 1 mile south (Cedar Creek access) or 5 mile north at Liberty Beach access (launch harbor, concrete ramps and docks) Or, you can put in at one of the local resorts for their facility use fee. (usually $10 launch fee) It is highly recommended that you take your boat out each night because there is 12+ miles of water to the west and south west. (The waves can reach 4+ feet as they roll into shore when it's windy) Not a good situation for a boat tied off to the dock or beached. Again, I highly suggest that you DO NOT tie your boat off to the dock or beach it over night. ...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
- Lake View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Cleaning Fee $50 + tax
- Tax Rate 6.875%
Week long rentals will not be booked Saturday to Saturday. Payment terms are non-negotiable no matter what payment method is chosen. (Check or credit card) Note that a 2.5% service fee is added to credit card transactions.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Our cabin is located a mile north Appledorns Resort and a mile south of The Wharf Resort (Toucans).
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: We are two professionals with two kids who live just over an hour from our lake place. We enjoy getting away from it all and heading to the lake for fun, rest and relaxation.
Why the Owner Chose Isle, MN, USA:
We purchased this property in February 2014 after many years of scouring the real estate ads for " the perfect place". It has the best sand beach, awesome sunset views and the peace and quiet we were looking for. All on a great fishing lake.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Private location with a fantastic sand beach.
- Primary: +320 2602105 Text messages acceptable
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from lake
Like a zero entry depth pool.
Large, private spaces for yard games
Modern and comfortable
Satellite TV, DVD, WII
Bunk bed. Single top, double bottom. And queen bed.
Ocean like views.
Winter fun too - Ice fishing!!
Roughly 60' from deck to beach
Perfect beach for enjoying water sports!
View from dining table.
Queen Bed in bedroom 1
Large and private lot. Ample parking.
Great for small children.
New, proper fire pit added, spring 2015, photo soon.
Snowmobiling trails right across the road. Or ride the lake.
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM