- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 18
Nice condo in Como
The unit was very clean, and the owner was very communicative so no problem there, there is a super market in the lower level so that comes in handy, but my only suggestion is that the master bedroom mattress really needs to be better but other than that terrific
Wonderful clean apartment
The apartment is lovely, clean and comfortable
The convenience of the location of the apartment and supermarket downstairs adds to the positive experience!
This apartment is absolutely first class. We have reserved accommodation through Homeaway for a number of years . All properties have been very good, this one stood out.
The owners farther was there to greet us, what a gentleman, he could not speak English, we cannot speak Italian, but with some light- hearted banter, lots of hand gestures, all was explained. The secure, covered parking is a great help, accessed via lifts from/to the apartment
There is a railway station, again with mostly covered walkways from the complex, a real bonus for my wife who has walking difficulties, just a few minutes to the center of Como (1.20 cents), definitely not worth moving the car.
The apartment is just as described, the photographs are very accurate, extremely comfortable.
Lake Como is a must, a boat trip is essential, fantastic, I attended the F1 at Monza, again just 25 mins by train, Milan just a few more.
We will certainly be going back, a fantastic apartment, in a brilliant location.
The apartment was clean and spacious. The location is about a 10 min walk or so to the city center where the boats takes off for the various towns around the lake and restaurants are located. If you are coming by train the San Giovanni train station is a 15 euro cab ride from this apartment. Andrea is very helpful and and does what he can to make your stay a successful one.
Ideal accommodation for a stay in Como
Excellent apartment furnished and equipped to a very high standard
The web site photos do not do it justice
Andrea and his family were exceptional with hints and recommendations
Will certainly return if back in this area
John Yvonne Tasha and Greg
Very central. You are very close to the old town and can walk everywhere. At the same time you are in a quiet place where mostly residents live.
Closest restaurant "Trattoria Il Gerbet" 2 minutes walk, 140 meters
Closest coffee bar: "Bar Il Dadino" 1 minutes walk, 25 meters
Closest pharmacy: 2 minute walk, 150 meters
Closest supermarket: Esselunga 1 minute walk, 25 meters
Closest Gym: 7 minutes walk, 500 meters
You can walk around the whole city. There's no need to catch a taxi or public transport.
The Railway Station Como Borghi is just a 5 minutes walk from the apartment and connects you to Malpensa airport
The Railway Station S. Giovanni is a 26 minutes walk or a 6 minutes taxi drive (about 15 Euro)
In front of the building there's the N7 bus which takes you from and to the railway Station in 9 minutes. Every 30 minutes, ticket 1,3 Euro (you can buy them in on the bus)
The Ferry Terminal is a 22 minutes walk
HOW TO MOVE
Walking time to bus stop: 1 minutes (25 meters) Just in front of the building.
Line: N7 Sagnino - Como - Lora
A Tourist Travel card may make sense for you:
3 € - 1 DAY TRAVELCARD
12 € - 7 DAYS TRAVELCARD
34,50 € - 30 DAYS TRAVELCARD
Longer stays: 300 € for annual pass.
Night busses: 21:00 - 21:30 is the last bus depending what direction you are going, so you can stay in other parts of Como as late as you wish but you'll need a taxi.
Bus to Como San Giovanni – Train Station: 9 minutes.
Como Cathedral (Il Duomo): 10 minutes walk, 850 meters
Ferry Terminal: 15 minutes walk, 1,2 Km
Lake (the Life Electric Monument): 23 minutes walk, 1,9 Km
Funicular to Brunate (top of the hill): 16 minutes walk, 1,3 Km
Voltiano Temple: 20 minutes walk, 1,7 Km
Milan Linate Aiport: 50 minutes by car/taxi, 91,7 km. About 1h 45 minutes with public transport.
Milan Malpensa Aiport: 1h 10 minutes by car/taxi, 91,7 km. About 1h 33 minutes with public transport.
Bergamo Aiport (Orio al Serio): 1h 10 minutes by car/taxi, 91,7 km. About 2h 10 minutes with public transport.
Rental Bike and Scooter nearby
Private boat tour and many other activities available on request.
The area is great for short/long term stays and remote working:
- Gyms: there is one gym accepting even one month contract and it costs 30 €. It’s called 20Hours Club and it’s a 750m far or 10 minutes walk. There are others a bit further but you’ll probably need to get a bus.
- Co-working: a 2 minutes walk will take you to Spazio 5 Stelle - Como. There are 3 more co-workings within 20 minutes with public transports.
- A 9 minutes walk will take you to a @Home, a 14 minutes walk to a local cocktail bar “Hemingway” which is Digital Nomad Friendly, with plugs and other remote workers. I personally prefer this one!
- In a 25 minutes train trip you will reach the most active space for events related to startups, digital nomads and online work in general. It’s called “ComoNext” and events are usually free. It’s also a great place to meet like minded fellows.
- Close to the lake, 10 minutes, there’s my personal barber Alberto: 25 € for a clean and super local hair cut. For ladies I will suggest the most appropriate solution according to needs.
- All within walking distance: several pharmacies, a clinic and a Hospital (the “Ospedale Valduce”). Italy is country for old men, so no shortage of healthcare!
- There are several local restaurant with great food in the area. I’ll suggest you a few. These are great options for when you don’t want to cook and eat something nice and affordable.
- Closest market: 6 minutes, the Mercato Coperto, 10 minutes a Esselunga (better quality stuff and much bigger) and several local shops (bakery, butcher and so on). I have a precise map in the apartment and I will be happy to share my shopping secrets!
- Broken phone or computer? There’s a repair shop not far from the apartment, but if you need some specific repair I’ll be happy to help you find the best place.
Please ask me any questions if wish before you book.
If something is missing I may buy it, so you'll help me make it even more digital nomads friendly!
Andrea Paride Mariani
- english, french, spanish, russian, italian
About Andrea Paride Mariani
Hi, we are Sarah, Andrea and Edoardo, a family of 3 now living near Milton Keynes in the UK. I'm English and my partner Andrea is Italian and we lived for many years in Como (where Andrea is originally from) before deciding to move back to the UK. We love travelling, and other than Italy we really love the wild coast of Portugal, fossil-hunting in Dorset and sailing in Croatia. We love giving our guests a "home from home" feeling when they come on holiday and always offer help and advice on places to eat, things to do etc when they come to stay.
Andrea Paride Mariani purchased this Apartment in 2016
What makes this Apartment unique
Is one of the few properties in Como with a double free parking space included, which is impossible to find in the pedestrianize city center (Centro Storico).