Beautiful Home- Short Walk to Sandy Beaches on Both Lake Michigan & Portage Lake(5 Reviews)
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
3 Bedroom, 2 Bath, Sleeps 8, Block From Lake Michigan And Portage Lake
Great 3 bedroom, 2 bath home can sleep up to 7 people. More than a great home, is its great location with access to lake Michigan beaches, portage lake beaches, boat launch, marina, kayak, paddle board, and bicycle rentals, charter sailboat and charter fishing boat, all within 1/3 of a mile from of this home. Channel from portage lake to lake Michigan is less than a mile away. This home, during the peak summer weeks, does require a Saturday to Saturday week long stay. Great golf at many area courses with the closest being Arcadia bluffs and the heath lands. Fishing on portage lake, lake Michigan, and many area streams and rivers. Guides are available. Horseback riding at rock 'n' r stables is 15 minutes away. Several restaurants, grocery, and gift boutiques in the village of Onekama, 3 miles away. Home sites just off m22, one of most scenic drives in America taking along the coastline to quaint towns, lighthouses, and wineries.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2015
- Max. occupancy 7
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 1 - Aug 19, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $400
- Housekeeping $140
- Tax Rate 6%
Rates are subject to change. Summer weeks rotate Sunday to Sunday.
1. Smoking is not allowed indoors. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. This home is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While bedding is included, bath & beach towels are not. You must bring your own. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate but is available upon request.
7. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
This property is located on a wooded peninsula, less than a half mile to sandy beaches on both Portage Lake and Lake Michigan, marina, boat launch.
Year Purchased: 2002
About: Home was built by the owner, Jim Poellet. He worked on house evenings and weekends for 2 years, after leaving his daytime job at Portage Point Inn. During rentals, we love staying on our sailboat which is docked at Portage Point Inn Marina. We still live in our home when not rented, so we do have many personal belongings in dwelling, which makes it very "homey". We love our house and hope you do too.
- Primary: +1 2313922080
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Family enjoying beautiful summer day on Lake Michigan by our home.
Kids playing in the beautiful sand bottom waters of Lake Michigan close to home.
Master Bedroom, king bed
Golfing at The Heathlands
Salmon fishing on the Betsie River.
Tubing on Portage Lake by our home.
Pier Jumping at the channel.
Lake Michigan beach by our home.
Evening campfire roasting marshmellows on Lake Michigan beach by our home.
Charter fishing just outside Portage Lake on Lake Michigan.
Floating down the lazy Platte River. Riverside rentals, north of our home.
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Monday, April 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.