Nanaimo's Prime Harbourfront Residence: Comfort, Luxury and Convenience
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Nestled in a marina and located at the north end of Nanaimo's harbour, this modern, fully furnished waterfront condo suite is furnished to the linen, offering utmost luxury, comfort and convenience.
• LUXURY: all marble flooring and bathrooms, brand name stainless steel appliances, comfortable beds, and elegant furnishings;
• CONVENIENCE: within walking distance to downtown's Waterfront Park and Fishing Pier, downtown commercial strip, float plane terminal, Departure Bay Ferry Terminal and Terminal Shopping Mall. There is even a restaurant within the marina complex;
• DYNAMIC WATERFRONT VIEWS: overlooks a marine facing the lush Newcastle Island (Provincial Park) with colorful water-crafts of different makes and sizes cruising along the Newcastle Channel linking between Departure Bay and Nanaimo’s downtown harbour.
We offer approximately 950 sq. ft. of functionally and elegantly designed living space: a Great Room that opens to the balcony through two sets of French doors, which serves as an entertainment centre (with a LG 42" LCD TV and Blu Ray DVD) a place for rest and relaxation and a dining area; a brightly-lit and generously provisioned gourmet kitchen with granite counter top, soft-closing cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and a Keurig coffee machine; a Master Bedroom with a sweeping view of the Marina and the Newcastle Channel; and a second bedroom, which is entered from a separate door for enhanced privacy. Our two bathrooms are very well-equipped and has illuminated lighting. One of the bathrooms is an ensuite that has a "roll in and roll out" shower.
Our guests' normal laundry needs are served by a pair of insuite stacked Samsung washer/dryer with VRT Technology.
We provide indoor parking on the ground floor, connected by elevator to your floor.
GREAT FLEXIBILITY: we can increase our capacity from 4 to 6 persons with our futon/sofabed . We have allied with several other private owners in the building which gives us the flexibility of hosting corporate functions such as off-site board meetings, executive retreats, weddings or other family events.
Adventures of a getaway
• KAYAKING and FISHING: Only a kiddy corner away is Alberni Outpost for kayak rental, as well as two public boat ramps. In your kayak, explore the changing erosional features of the coast, paddle into the sandstone caves known as the Malaspina Galleries on Gabriola Island, and admire those colourful sandstones. From the boat ramp, step into your boat charter, and go fishing for the day. Clean your harvest right on the dock. With your catch in hand, walk back to your residence and immediately cook your catch on the BBQ or in your gourmet kitchen, efficiency par excellence.
• PICNIC, SWIM, or BIKE: You can do all these activities while enjoying the pristine views of Newcastle Island, a Provincial Marine Park with hourly ferry nearby. At the lowering of the tide, watch dry land appear between Newcastle Island and the neighbouring Protection Island. Experience what it was like “crossing the Red Sea”, but remember to come back on time.
• EXPERIENCE A FLOATING PUB: Visit Protection Island, with ferry service till late in the evening. Stop for a meal at the Dinghy Dock Pub, offering great food, live music, and the experience of fishing right from the dock!
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Landline and voicemail
Member since: 2015
- On floor 4
- 950 sq. ft.
- Elevator : GF Indoor parking to all floors
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Ocean View:
- Water View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Mar 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $11 per night, per additional guest
Apr 1 - Jun 23, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
Jun 24 - Sep 15, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $19 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Cleaning Fee $75.20
Apart from normal wear and tear, damage from negligence or items found missing from a suite will be charged at cost plus 50%.
The following taxes are included:
GST (Goods and Services Tax - Federal) = 5%
All quoted rates are 1-4 persons rates, inclusive of taxes.
Non-refundable reservation deposit of $100 required for confirmation of reservation;
50% of total rental MINUS reservation fee due and payable 1 month (30 days) before arrival, with remaining balance PlUS a refundable cleaning fee of $100, and other applicable fees (e.g. fee for extra persons)
Non-payment results in immediate cancellation. No refund is provided.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Secluded in a marina, yet within walking distance to downtown's Waterfront Park and Fishing Pier, downtown commercial strip, float plane terminal, Departure Bay Ferry Terminal and Terminal Shopping Mall, on bus route; the condo is wrapped around by the marina and backs onto Stewart Avenue where HWY 1 ends
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: The owners are a couple retired with previous professional careers in urban planning, property development, venture capital, international marketing and insurance. They enjoy classical music and play violin and piano. Both have traveled widely and are appreciative of the opportunity of meeting people from different countries and learning their cultures. They welcome written or spoken inquiries in English, French, and Chinese.
Why the Owner Chose Nanaimo, BC, Canada:
This location is a kaleidoscope of what Nanaimo has to offer to both residents and visitors alike. Enjoy its proximity to downtown or "be away from it all" in a few minutes, its dynamic water views, functional design and modern facilities, offering the ultimate lifestyle for both business people and vacationers.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Travel in style and comfort, connect with nature in an urban setting, imagine you are a part of the active "boating" community and enjoy the leisurely pace of life. Geographically, it is in the centre of Vancouver Island and downtown Nanaimo, well fed with an infrastructure of roads, air and sea transportation. You are within 10 minutes' drive to most tourist destinations in Nanaimo. You can take day trips to the nearby communities of Campbell River, Parksville, Coombs, Comox, Port Alberni, Ladysmith, Duncan and Victoria. With the use of float planes, you can reach Vancouver's downtown or its international airport in 20 minutes.
- Primary: +1 2505857887 Landline and voicemail
- Secondary: +1 2506197821 SMS messages
Links to more information:
Overlooking the marina
Nestled in a marina, overlooking promenade
Marina Restaurant and rooftop bar
Open kitchen, bar and dining table
Bringing Nature to the bedroom
Choice of Corelle or ceramic dishes
Second bedroom, with ensuite bathshower
Insuite Samsung washer and dryer
Building viewed From Newcastle Channel
Unique modern condo on Nanaimo's waterfront
View from balcony
Great Room connecting to balcony through French doors
Flat screen TV, linear fireplace, tapistry, elegant furnishings
Master BR with ocean view
Second BR, elegantly furnished
Ensuite bath with roll-in-roll-out shower
Detailed suite layout
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees