About the property
- Condo950 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
A modern, upscale two-bedroom two-bath suite in a marina close to downtown
Nestled in a marina and located at the north end of Nanaimo's harbour, this modern, fully furnished waterfront condo suite is furnished to the linen, offering utmost luxury, comfort and convenience.
• LUXURY: all marble flooring and bathrooms, brand name stainless steel appliances, comfortable beds, and elegant furnishings;
• CONVENIENCE: within walking distance to downtown's Waterfront Park and Fishing Pier, downtown commercial strip, float plane terminal, Departure Bay Ferry Terminal and Terminal Shopping Mall. There is even a restaurant within the marina complex;
• DYNAMIC WATERFRONT VIEWS: overlooks a marine facing the lush Newcastle Island (Provincial Park) with colorful water-crafts of different makes and sizes cruising along the Newcastle Channel linking between Departure Bay and Nanaimo’s downtown harbour.
We offer approximately 950 sq. ft. of functionally and elegantly designed living space: a Great Room that opens to the balcony through two sets of French doors, which serves as an entertainment centre (with a LG 42" LCD TV and Blu Ray DVD) a place for rest and relaxation and a dining area; a brightly-lit and generously provisioned gourmet kitchen with granite counter top, soft-closing cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and a Keurig coffee machine; a Master Bedroom with a sweeping view of the Marina and the Newcastle Channel; and a second bedroom, which is entered from a separate door for enhanced privacy. Our two bathrooms are very well-equipped and has illuminated lighting. One of the bathrooms is an ensuite that has a "roll in and roll out" shower.
Our guests' normal laundry needs are served by a pair of insuite stacked Samsung washer/dryer with VRT Technology.
We provide indoor parking on the ground floor, connected by elevator to your floor.
GREAT FLEXIBILITY: we can increase our capacity from 4 to 6 persons with our futon/sofabed . We have allied with several other private owners in the building which gives us the flexibility of hosting corporate functions such as off-site board meetings, executive retreats, weddings or other family events.
Adventures of a getaway
• KAYAKING and FISHING: Only a kiddy corner away is Alberni Outpost for kayak rental, as well as two public boat ramps. In your kayak, explore the changing erosional features of the coast, paddle into the sandstone caves known as the Malaspina Galleries on Gabriola Island, and admire those colourful sandstones. From the boat ramp, step into your boat charter, and go fishing for the day. Clean your harvest right on the dock. With your catch in hand, walk back to your residence and immediately cook your catch on the BBQ or in your gourmet kitchen, efficiency par excellence.
• PICNIC, SWIM, or BIKE: You can do all these activities while enjoying the pristine views of Newcastle Island, a Provincial Marine Park with hourly ferry nearby. At the lowering of the tide, watch dry land appear between Newcastle Island and the neighbouring Protection Island. Experience what it was like “crossing the Red Sea”, but remember to come back on time.
• EXPERIENCE A FLOATING PUB: Visit Protection Island, with ferry service till late in the evening. Stop for a meal at the Dinghy Dock Pub, offering great food, live music, and the experience of fishing right from the dock!
Peter & Irene
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, French, Chinese - Cantonese, Mandarin
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
About Peter & Irene
The owners are a couple retired with previous professional careers in urban planning, property development, venture capital, international marketing and insurance. They enjoy classical music and play violin and piano. Both have traveled widely and are appreciative of the opportunity of meeting people from different countries and learning their cultures. They welcome written or spoken inquiries in English, French, and Chinese.
Peter & Irene purchased this Condo in 2012
Why Peter & Irene chose Nanaimo
This location is a kaleidoscope of what Nanaimo has to offer to both residents and visitors alike. Enjoy its proximity to downtown or "be away from it all" in a few minutes, its dynamic water views, functional design and modern facilities, offering the ultimate lifestyle for both business people and vacationers.
What makes this Condo unique
Travel in style and comfort, connect with nature in an urban setting, imagine you are a part of the active "boating" community and enjoy the leisurely pace of life. Geographically, it is in the centre of Vancouver Island and downtown Nanaimo, well fed with an infrastructure of roads, air and sea transportation. You are within 10 minutes' drive to most tourist destinations in Nanaimo. You can take day trips to the nearby communities of Campbell River, Parksville, Coombs, Comox, Port Alberni, Ladysmith, Duncan and Victoria. With the use of float planes, you can reach Vancouver's downtown or its international airport in 20 minutes.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
A great place to stay!
We really enjoyed our stay. The unit was very clean, well equipped, spacious, good location and had a great view. Peter was very helpful. We would recommend this unit if you are traveling to Nanaimo!
Perfect property and location
Super happy with this property.Very clean and well looked after.The view overlooking New Castle marina was exceptional aswell.Location was excellent and very close to all amenities. The landlord Peter was a top notch gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.I would rent this property again in a heartbeat.
This suite is very well located and offers a peaceful staying away from home. The suite is comfortable and very well equipped with all appliances and utensils required to make you feel at home. I highly recommend this suite. Additionally, the owners are very friendly people.
We'd stay again in a heartbeat!
Peter was an amazing, kind and responsive host from meeting us very late at night because of flight delays, to checking us out very early in the morning of our departure to delivering a precious stone that my grandson has left behind to my son who lives in Nanaimo. Way over and above. The listing was completely accurate. The property was spotlessly clean, our stay delightful. We'd stay again in a heartbeat. Thank you so much Peter!
A great base in Nanaimo
Easy to book and a warm welcome/helpful advice from Peter when we arrived. The apartment is light, spacious and very well maintained/equipped; the best accommodation we had on Vancouver Island. It's a 20-25 min walk along the lovely harbour path to the centre of Nanaimo - would definitely recommend taking the ferry from here to Newcastle Island. All in all a comfortable and relaxing stay, and Peter was kind enough to drop us off at the sea plane terminal when we left. Thanks again!
This was our first visit to Nanaimo and Peter and Irene were fabulous hosts, going above and beyond to make our stay most enjoyable! Our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo was immaculate, fully equipped, had assigned, secure parking, a nice view from the balcony of the marina and sea planes flying in and out of the bay, and was conveniently located to all amenities. Nanaimo and the surrounding area is simply beautiful and we would highly recommend booking your stay at this property.
Secluded in a marina, yet within walking distance to downtown's Waterfront Park and Fishing Pier, downtown commercial strip, float plane terminal, Departure Bay Ferry Terminal and Terminal Shopping Mall, on bus route; the condo is wrapped around by the marina and backs onto Stewart Avenue where HWY 1 ends
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
For stays of over 28 days, a fixed term lease based on BC's government's standard legal form plus an addendum is required. Terms and conditions will be spelled out in correspondences with renters. Non-payment on a due date will result in immediate cancellation. Apart from normal wear and tear, damage from negligence or items found missing from a suite will be charged at cost plus 50%. The following taxes are included: GST (Goods and Services Tax - Federal) = 5% All quoted rates are 1-4 persons rates, inclusive of taxes.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE (for stays less than 28 days) A non-refundable fee* of $100 to confirm reservation, which will become a refundable cleaning fee upon arrival. 50% of rental and remaining 50% payable 1 month and 7 days respectively before arrival. All payment, except cleaning fee are non-refundable. Refund of cleaning fee will occur on check out if suite cleaned and restored prior to departure.