Belmont by the Bay
Located next to charming Belmont Pumpkin Farm, our home transports you and yours back to a simpler time, surrounded by the natural beauty of miles of unspoiled coastline. Two acres of grassy lawn shaded by hundred year old trees to run and play.
This updated waterfront country house is the perfect place to gather your family for a memorable vacation.
- Swimming Pool (open seasonally) - take a swim or lounge by the pool overlooking the river and the beautiful countryside.
- Spacious, Updated Kitchen is well-equipped for cooking family meals.
- Large Family Room with 60" flat screen TV offers a comfortable place for the whole family to gather for games or movie night.
- Dining Room large enough to gather the entire family for memorable meals.
- Huge screened porch stretches across the back of the house overlooking the swimming pool and the waterfront shoreline. Ten foot picnic table and cozy outdoor seating invite you to "live on the porch."
- Historic charm and character abound at every turn from original wide-plank, heart pine floors to fireplaces in all bedrooms, dining room and parlor in this circa 1837 home.
- New, large fire pit fantastic for fireside chatting, sunset watching, and marshmallow roasting! S'mores ingredients and tools included!
- Waterfront gazebo for sitting or dining al fresco.
- Private Pier with 6' MLW - launch your kayaks or bring your boat.
- Sleeps 10 in Four large comfortable Bedrooms, Three Bathrooms
- Downstairs Master Bedroom with King Bed and private bath.
- Upstairs King Bedroom with water views.
- Upstairs Queen Bedroom with adjoining "nook room" with twin bed
- Upstairs Twin Bedroom: Two twins with two trundles
Upon arrival you will find the house fully prepared for your arrival and equipped for vacation. The beds are made up with freshly laundered linens, the baths are stocked with towels, paper goods, soap and shampoo. The kitchen is ready for your family to make themselves at home. Two refrigerators means there is space for everyone's favorite snacks and drinks.
The charming town of Mathews with its walkable Main Street was recently named one of the top 50 Small Downtowns and has friendly owner run restaurants, art galleries and shops for browsing.
Daytrips to historic Williamsburg, the James River Plantations, Yorktown, family theme parks, museums and golf courses are all within an hour's drive.
Charter a local captain for fishing or sightseeing in the Chesapeake Bay to see the over 200 miles of shoreline in Mathews County. You will find much to like in Mathews, but not a stoplight in the entire county.