– THE HOUSE –
Ravensbourne House is a large Victorian property providing self-catering group accommodation in South East London. The new group accommodation features 11 ensuite bedrooms and sleeps up to 30 people, with group dining and a commercial style kitchen designed to service large groups. The property has a large secure garden, off street parking, lounge area and access to an indoor swimming pool, sauna and games room. The accommodation is perfect for family and friends, business groups, college, school and youth trips.
– THE ACCOMMODATION –
Ravensbourne House is a new addition to the Glenthurston Estate, a family-run business since 1998. Glenthurston has 12 self-catering apartments in two Victorian properties neighbouring Ravensbourne, visitors to Ravensbourne House can use the indoor heated swimming pool and Sauna (open from 14.00pm to 21.00pm) and games room which is located next door. Ravensbourne itself has a large secure private garden which is great for families and groups who use the BBQ area in the summer months. It also has off-street parking for several vehicles and a 38 seater coach for schools, colleges and corporate stays.
– THE LOCATION –
Our group accommodation is only 15 minutes away from London’s historical sights and cultural centres. The nearest stations are a 7-minute walk from Ravensbourne, where trains take you into London Bridge, Waterloo East, Victoria or Blackfriars from here you have access to all of London’s eclectic neighbourhoods, theatres, events, world-class retail, restaurants and nightlife. It is also easy to walk from both London Bridge and Waterloo East stations along the Thames Path to access many places on foot – the Tate Modern, Globe Theatre, HMS Belfast, St Paul’s, London Dungeon, Tower Bridge, the Millennium Bridge and the Tower of London are accessed from London Bridge. From Waterloo East it is easy to access the South Bank Centre, the Millennium Wheel, London Aquarium, Somerset House, Houses of Parliament, the West End, Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden.
Visit our 'Things To Do' page on our website to get all the useful links from local amenities to London travel timetables, what's on, where and how to get there.
– FACILITIES –
– 11 Ensuite Bedrooms
– Communal Lounge
– Communal Dining (for 30 people)
– Free Wi-Fi
– 50inch TV
– Commercial Style Kitchen (fully equipped)
– Washing Machine
– Dishwasher / Double Oven / Gas Hob
– Refrigerator/ Freezer
– Plates / Cutlery / Coffee mugs / Glasses / Pans / Cooking Dishes
– Toaster / Kettle / Hot Water Urn
– Linen & Bathroom Towels included (replaced once a week)
– The house can be cleaned on request at an additional cost
– Private & Secure Walled Garden
– Private on-site Parking for eight cars or one coach
– Access to Indoor Heated Swimming Pool (opening hours 14.00pm – 21.00pm at Glenthurston next door)
– Access to Sauna (opening hours 14.00pm – 21.00pm at Glenthurston next door)
– Access to Games Room (opening hours 14.00pm – 21.00pm at Glenthurston next door)
– Supermarkets (Lidl, Tescos, Aldi and Chinese Groceries all within 5-10 minute walk, or 5-minute drive)
– Newsagent (3-minute walk)
– Restaurants / Takeaways (5-minute walk)
– Pubs / Bars (5-minute walk)
– Coffee Shops (6-minute walk)
– Train Stations / Catford Bridge Station (7-minute walk). 15 minutes to London Bridge & London Waterloo East. Catford Station (8-minute walk). 35 minutes to London Victoria & London Blackfriars.
– Bus Stop (2-minute walk)
– GETTING HERE –
Car: We are next to the South Circular & less than 25 minutes from the M25.
Train: Catford Bridge & Catford Stations are a 7-minute walk. The train from Catford Bridge takes 15-18 minutes into London Bridge & London Waterloo East stations. The train from Catford takes 35-40minutes into London Victoria and London Blackfriars Stations.
Bus: The bus stop is a 2-minute walk, with buses every 3-5 minutes.
Plane: Gatwick & Heathrow Airports are 1 hour by car. City Airport is 45 minutes by train. Luton Airport is 1 hour by train.