About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
2 Bedroom Condo Beautiful upgrades
Gorgeous unit w/beautifully remodeled bath & kit w/granite counter tops & stainless appliances, hardwood and ceramic floors. Located in town rehoboth beach, walk to downtown restaurants and shopping. Take a stroll to the boardwalk. or stay in and relax on the balcony that overlooks the avenue. This split level floorplan and decor makes this feel like home. Parking in the rear of the building.
*Please note there will be a short stay fee of $100 added to your reservation if booking less than 7 nights.
Arrival Day: Saturday
The Ark, 409 Rehoboth Avenue, Unit 24, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
Joe Maggio Realty
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
What makes this Condo unique
Gorgeous unit w/beautifully remodeled bath & kit w/granite counter tops & stainless appliances, hardwood and ceramic floors. Located in town rehoboth beach, walk to downtown restaurants and shopping. Building has Elevator
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Great location. Great place.
Very new and very modern inside. No downsides to this cool, little apartment. Close to Starbucks, pubs, and restaurants. And a short walk puts you right in the middle of things. Walkable to the beach, but you'd likely drive, which was made easy with a complimentary City of Rehoboth parking pass. My family and I loved our stay.
Lovely condo - Great location
The condo was clean and bright - the perfect size for a family of 4. We brought a twin sized air mattress for the 2nd bedroom because our kids did not want to share the queen bed - there was plenty of room for the mattress.
We walked into town at least once every day, it was so easy to walk and get a bite to eat or just enjoy the scenery.
It would also be an easy walk to the beach, but not so fun walking back when you're hot and sandy, so we drove to the beach. The beach off the Rehoboth boardwalk was really crowded, but during one of our morning walks we happened to stumble onto Deauville Beach. Deauville is a state park, there is a $10 daily parking fee, but the beach was far less crowded. They do have life guards and chair and umbrella rentals, just like the beach off the boardwalk. It was well worth the $10 to park right at the entrance to the beach and not have to lug our stuff for blocks. The beach was clean, the lifeguards friendly and attentive, we loved it. Once we found Deauville, we went there for the rest of our trip.
I highly recommend this unit for your Rehoboth vacation.
Great value - beautiful updated condo
On the day before we checked into the property, the Property Manager called and told me the condo was ready early, so we did not have to wait for 3pm to pick up the keys. I really appreciated that. When we arrived, the Property Manger was friendly and gave me everything I needed (keys, parking passes, etc). The condition of the condo is very nice. It has been recently renovated and everything seems to be of very good quality. It was farther from the beach than we usually get, so we brought our bikes and really enjoyed biking everywhere. We were there for the 4th of July and so we saw fireworks right from the balcony. There is parking in the back. It was very quiet and the A/C worked well. Overall, it was better than expected. The building has an elevator. I was very happy with this choice.
Well-Appointed & Pleasant, With a Few Quirks
We really enjoyed our stay at The Ark. This unit is clean, modern and nicely finished, and we were glad to be able to rent it for just a few nights b/c our schedule couldn't handle a full week at the beach this year. We would stay here again, but there are a few quirks to note:
1. The kitchen has a nice, full set of pots, dishes & glassware but we were surprised that we needed to improvise on the following missing pieces: serving spoons, a ladle, a colander, and placemats.
2. The bathroom was nice and modern but there is a full length mirror that one can't avoid seeing when using the toilet. Really awkward!
3. The A/C units in each room were noisy and difficult to control. Perhaps with a few more days there we might have figured out the trick to keeping the temp & humidity at a comfortable level.
4. As noted in an earlier review, there are a lot of steps. There is an elevator in the building, but after entering the unit you need to go down a small flight of stairs to reach the living area, and another small flight for the bedrooms. It was an interesting and fun layout, but might be a problem for the mobility-impaired.
We were pleasantly surprised that the unit was equipped with beach chairs! Also, although 4 blocks off the beach, walking the Avenue is always entertaining. Also, although right on a busy street, the unit was very quiet inside.
Nice 2BR/1BA condo about 20 min walk from the boardwalk and beach
- Booking and check in were a breeze.
- On-site parking, elevator building.
- AC works well.
- Nice appliances/kitchen, washer/dryer is one door down the hall.
- Lovely shutters and balcony.
- Sizable flat screen TV with sound system, DVD player, cable.
- Quiet, safe-feeling building.
- Furniture is perfectly sufficient for the needs of the standard vacationer.
Areas for improvement:
- Linens (fitted sheet, top sheet, pillowcases) not provided, despite there being laundry facilities readily available.
- Had to purchase paper towels, TP, hand soap, laundry detergent, and additional facial tissues upon arrival.
- Towel bar in bathroom had been ripped off by previous occupant and had not been replaced. Called management company and they replaced it the next day.
- Balcony door latch was broken and had not been fixed. Called management and they fixed it the next day.
- Despite the nice flat-screen TV, couldn't get HD cable to work.
The condo was a good size for a family of 5, very clean, and had fresh new pillows and comforters (always a plus!) The kitchen had amenities (e.g., coffee maker, blender) and everything worked (another plus!). The location was great - and the building was generally nice and quiet. There is a good stair climb from the back of the building which was sometimes a challenge when carrying bags but there is also an elevator. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this unit to others!