Gold Medal Fishing on the South Platte River!(16 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Bring your horses!
Location: 37 Whiteford Road, Shawnee, Colorado. Check-in time - after 3:00pm. Check-out time - before 9:00am. Great location for hunting (near Game Management Units 37, 46, 49, 50, 500 & 501), fishing (South Platte River & several lakes, to include Jefferson Lake and Silver Dollar Lake), hiking (several 14ers nearby, including Mt. Evans, Bierstadt, Quandry, Lincoln, Bross, Sherman and Democrat), skiing (45-minute drive to Breckenridge Ski Resort). This 1350 square foot rustic cabin is about 50 yards from the South Platte River, located about 1 mile up-river from two privately-stocked fly-fishing resorts; Boxwood Gulch and North Fork Ranch. *No TV service, phone, WiFi or washer/dryer. Garage is not included.* Assuming there is no damage, Damage Deposits are almost always returned within 24 hours of your departure.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2015
- 1350 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
Non Smoking Only:
Smoking leaves behind an odor which requires the use of specialized equipment for clean-up. The security deposit may be withheld, in part or in whole, if there is evidence of smoking odor or damage on the premises....moreless
Pets Not Allowed:
No pets are allowed in the cabin or anywhere on the property. Horses are permitted in enclosed pastures only. Horse fee: $25 per horse per night, up to 4 horses total. Guest must provide their own hay....moreless
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 1.28 acres of horse property on the South Platte River. $25 per horse per day additional fee (up to 4 horses). Guests must provide their own hay. *Although "No Trespassing" signs are posted along the river, that portion of the river is owned by the small subdivision and available to any homeowner or their guests - you may fish there. *County ordinances mandate that noise be kept to a minimum. Although this is a remotely located cabin, there are nearby houses. Any loud or disruptive activities will likely result in neighbors contacting local law enforcement. Please respect the quiet environment of this small neighborhood. No loud parties will be permitted or tolerated. *This area is densely populated with wildlife, to include bears, bobcats, elk, moose and mountain lions. Enjoy the wildlife from a safe distance and DO NOT FEED the wildlife. These animals are known to be aggressive and unpredictable, especially when approached. Young children must be supervised at all times....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Linens Provided:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 3.9%
Due to to timely process of cleaning the property, our rental prices and minimum stay time-frames are non-negotiable. Horse fee: $20 per horse, per day. No more than 4 horses (per County Ordinances). Owners must provide their own hay and must care for their own horses. CONTACT OWNER IN ADVANCE IF YOU INTEND TO BRING HORSES. No other pets are allowed on the property - no exceptions. No smoking and no marijuana products or synthetic marijuana products are allowed on the property; legal or not, medicinal or recreational. This includes smoking, injection, vaporizers, edibles and drinkables, ingestible oils, topicals, tinctures and tonics. * Assuming there is no damage, Damage Deposits are almost always returned within 24 hours of you departure.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
A 4X4 vehicle is often required for winter access.
Front View of Cabin
Main Level Bathroom
Main Level Bathroom
Front Deck (facing West)
South Platte River (facing East)
Gold Medal Fishing
Lower Level Bathroom
Upper Level Bedroom
Front Deck (facing East)
Upper Level Bedroom
South Platte River (facing West)
Hiking on Kenosha Pass
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Friday, February 17, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.