Less than 5 minutes from Rock Canyon Marina at Elephant Butte Reservoir. They have rentals available for boats with or without water toys, kayaks, and stand up paddle boards, Marina store and a fuel station. There are 2 other marinas in the lake, and a few restaurants. 17 minutes from the Hot springs. There is an attached garage with long driveway for boat storage. Washer and dryer, dishwasher, BBQ gas grill, Televisions in bedrooms and living room with DVD players and movies. Both bedrooms have Queen beds and there is a couch bed in living room. Gas fireplace. Air conditioning. Blow dryer in bathroom. Fully stocked with kitchen necessities.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 6
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 22, 2018
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
The location of this house is wonderful. Very close to Elephant Butte lake and local restaurants. The house itself is very well kept and clean. Lots of towels, use of the garage, and a beautiful backyard that was amazing for my dogs. There were just a few things that kept it from being a 5 star review:
1. The cooling system is a swamp cooler. It was over 90 degrees when we arrived that night and the swamp cooler was off. We turned it on per the instructions in the book, but it left for a miserable evening of sweating. Luckily, the weather was a bit cooler the other 2 days. It would have been nice to have the swamp cooler turned on for guests so that they house cooled down before we got there.
2. There is no ice. Not even ice cube trays to make ice. The trays would have been all we needed. Had I known, I would have brought my own trays.
3. There were bug traps laying all around. The house is listed as pet friendly, but these traps are not pet friendly at all.
4. They have several elephant trinkets and vases, as well as other breakables, sitting all over the place in the main living area. They noted in the book that you are not to move the trinkets, and if you break them, they will charge you $50 for each item. Going back to being supposedly pet friendly, I have to say that it's not. If your dog runs into a trinket, or their tail hits it, you're out at least $50. We ended up breaking the rules and moving the trinkets out of the way to reduce risk of breakage. I would not consider the house to be pet OR child friendly due to the trinkets. While the decor is nice, the homeowners would be better off removing anything breakable that is not a necessity.
5. Be careful with the keypad on the door. Lucky for us, we left the back door open to test it out. If you close the deadlock on the front door and go out the back door (and lock it) to leave through the garage, you WILL lock yourself out of the house. You need to just turn the lock on the key pad, not the actual lock on the door. It would be helpful to include instructions in the book.
6. There is a Roku, but no wifi. And no cable. So if you don't have a hotspot, you're staring at a blank tv.
Overall, we had a great time and would consider staying again. If it weren't for the trinkets, it would be our go to place when we visit with our dogs.
Very cute and comfy house.
Was able to set things up last minute to make it memorable for us and our children. Love the backyard and the comfy patio furniture. Grateful to be able to accommodate all of our kids. Owner was very sweet and easy to work with. Our family will hopefully be returning soon to the same cute accommodations. Kids loved it and we loved. The Roku is a nice touch. Thank you!
Makes false claims watch out
We are extremely disappointed. We took great care of the house. We cleaned the entire house before leaving, and washed all the towels. Owner made false claims that we damaged a 40 dollar piece of wood that laid outside the house by the driveway. She tried to file a 500 dollar claim, and has also kept our 200 dollar deposit. Total scam please beware if you stay there.
I’m sorry that you feel like it is a scam but our neighbor who watches the house for us when we have renters is the one that notified us that there were vehicles parking on the wood on the other side where the driveway is not. And since we do not live in New Mexico we have to hire people to fix the damage. So unfortunately it isn’t just $40 to fix. We have had many renters and have never had any issues.
The appearance of the home was nice however, the water heater was not turned on. Therefore we had cold showers the first day. I called the number given to us but no response. My husband figured it out. The pilot light was on but was not turned to the on position. Playing all day at the lake and having to come to the house and deal with that was an inconvenience.
I apologize for that inconvenience. I would have not appreciated that either. I'm not sure how the water heater was turned down. I would like to offer you a discounted rate if you choose to stay with us in the future.
Very nice and close to the lake!
The home was very nice. I loved the elephant theme. The saguaro in the front yard does not fit New Mexico. They only grow in the Sonoran Desert. Also, there is no local TV only a few videos. It would be really nice to have rabbit ears or an outdoor antenna so local channels could be seen for weather and news. There is no ice maker, which would also be nice.
Beautiful and very comfortable
Loved the house and backyard. The Elephant decor is awesome! Great great rental!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change unless reservations are confirmed.