About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
7 Bedrooms, 5.25 Baths, Sleeps 22
Red Cardinal 22 is a spacious three story home, just one row back from the ocean with quick access to the Sea Pines Beach Club.
• Second Row Home (adjacent to beach path) – Sea Pines
• 7 Bedrooms, 5.5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 22
• Square Feet: 4838
• 3 Living Rooms
• Private Pool/Spa (Pool and/or spa heat available for extra fee during September to November and March to May)
• First Floor Bedding: King, Full in Den
• Second Floor Bedding: King, King, King, King, Queen
• Third Floor Bedding: Six Twins and Double
• Updated Kitchen (Stainless Steel Appliances and Granite Countertops)
• Pool Table
• 10 Flat Screen Televisions
• Propane Grill
• Dog Friendly (fee does apply – please call for details)
As you enter the home, you are greeted by an impressive living area featuring comfortable seating, a large flat screen television, and views of the generously sized outdoor pool, spa and deck. This professionally decorated home offers an open-layout with easy flow from the living areas to the kitchen and dining areas. A chef inspired kitchen can be the family’s gathering spot with various seating options and lots of granite-counter space, a butcher-block island, double ovens, stainless steel appliances and a Thermador gas stove; the kitchen also has a pass-through window to the living room. Additional bar-top seating can accommodate up to four; adjacent is a breakfast nook with table and chairs for six. The formal dining room offers seating for eight, as well as a hutch for formal dinners.
A master suite is located on the main floor, featuring a king bed, flat screen TV and two walk-in closets. Its bathroom is spa-like with a hydro-thermo tub, dual-head shower with stone bench and granite double vanity. The study houses a full size bed with a half bath located adjacent to the room. Up the staircase is an additional master suite, featuring a king bed, flat screen TV and DVD and a private balcony with seating. Its bathroom has a large tub and shower, and two pedestal sinks. The next two bedrooms share a bathroom, with tub and shower. One bedroom has a king bed, flat screen TV and DVD; the other room has a double bed and a flat screen TV. Two additional bedrooms are on this second floor, one with king bed and flat screen TV plus a private bathroom; the other has a king-sized bed, seating area, TV, walk-in closet and its own bathroom, which features a double vanity and opulent Saturnia shower. The third floor is one wide, oversized room with six twin beds, a double bed, a sofa and TV.
Hidden below the home is an entertainment room featuring a billiards table and a flat screen television.
The pool and spa are located at the entrance of the home (can be heated seasonally for additional charge - must call office in advance to confirm); ample seating and chairs surround the deck for enjoyment.
Dog Friendly Rental Home – If booking this property via our website and plan on bringing your dog, please write DOG in the comments section of the booking page (up to two dogs are allowed). There is a $150, non-refundable pet fee (if there is no damage to the property); this fee is not included in online quotes or bookings. You will receive your Rental Agreement, which includes dog policies, within 24 hours. Please call us with any questions.
Sea Pines Plantation: The largest and best known of the Island’s vacation destinations, this 5,000-acre resort includes the Harbour Town Links of the RBC Heritage fame, as well as Hilton Head’s iconic candy-striped lighthouse. Guided horseback rides with Lawton Stables Equestrian Center take guests into the 605-acre forest preserve, while the bustling marinas at South Beach and Harbour Town offer shopping, dolphin cruises, kayak rentals and sunset dinners. Sea Pines is bordered by both the Atlantic Ocean and the Calibogue Sound, providing miles of unspoiled beachfront access.
WVR Hilton Head Reservations
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Many great features to this house, but encountered frustrations regarding maintenance of home.
We were a family of 12 with multiple generations. What we loved was the location and configuration/space, it was everything we had hoped for. However, we had to call and struggle multiple times with the following maintenance issues and it really detracted from our week together. I wrote all of this to Wyndham (property management company) and they were nice and responsive over email. While they did offer to refund me $200, I feel this is an extremely small amount compared to the $16,000+ I paid for the week. Wyndham needs to step up their review/checks on houses they manage.
1. The air conditioning on the 1st (main) floor struggled to keep up. A maintenance technician came out once and replaced a capacitor, but it still struggled. We called again and even though someone at Wyndham promised to send someone out, we have no knowledge that someone came.
2. We arrived the first day to find that there had been a leak in a locked closet on the 2nd floor and there was furniture/items moved out of there, standing in the hallway (blocking it), and a noisy de-humidifier running. I realize things happen, but a) we never should have been surprised by this (someone should have told us pre-arrival) and the items should have been moved somewhere out of the way of the main path.
3. We discovered our stovetop would not light. Someone came out and it could not be fixed this week. I requested and received from Wyndham a lighter so that we could light the stove and use it. I'm fine doing this, but again, we should not have discovered this and given it was our first morning and we were trying to cook breakfast, it was very inconvenient.
4. The spa and pool were very difficult to operate, even with the printed instructions. And I discovered that I had to pay extra to turn the spa on. Wyndham needs to do a better job of discussing this option with the renter and then doing a pre-arrival call with the renter or having someone there to walk through it on day 1 (or facetime or something).
5. The 2nd floor shower (jack-n-jill bathroom) drain was clogged and someone had to come clean it out. It was so bad that those people had to use other showers (water would be up to their ankles within a minute of turning the water on).
I will also tell you that the carpet in this house is really bad. I know it is hard to keep things clean in a rental, but this is the worst I have ever seen in this large and nice of a home (and we rent one every year somewhere).
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at 22 Red Cardinal. It is because of guests like you and the feedback you provide we were able to get the new owners to complete some updates/upgrades immediately. Since your stay in June of 2017 the home was purchased and is under new ownership. Together, we partnered to collect all guest feedback so that updates and upgrades could be completed on a prioritized level. Immediately, new kitchen appliances to include a new gas cook-top, double oven and dishwasher were ordered and installed. The carpeting on the stairs that lead from the kitchen to the game-room & garage has been removed and replaced with tile. A full analysis was done on all of the HVAC systems and all necessary repairs and upgrades have been completed. Your feedback is important to us and the home owner alike. We apologize for missing the mark on making this a flawless vacation for you and your family. We hope with these upgrades and repairs the new owners have done you will come back and give 22 Red Cardinal and Wyndham another chance to create the vacation you want and deserve.
Additional information about rental rates
Rates shown above do not include taxes and fees