About the property
- Condo2000 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
4 Bdr/3.5 Baths w/ Onsite Pool, Golf, Tennis, & Recreational Trails (sleeps 10+)
Large, open concept vacation rental with excellent reputation for pleasing new and returning guests! Hideaway Valley is nestled in the beautiful wooded terrain of Harbor Springs, Michigan less than seven minutes from the beaches of Little Traverse Bay and less than 10 minutes from Boyne Highlands & Nubs Nob resorts. Both of these ski resort communities offer a wide variety of ALL-season activities that can be enjoyed by those staying nearby.
As you drive in to this serene setting, you will be greeted with treetop views overlooking Little Traverse Bay and the sculpted rolling hills of Little Traverse Bay Golf Course. The area is peaceful and tranquil in all seasons. This is the perfect location for your up north getaway!
This condominium is centrally located between downtown Petoskey and Harbor Springs. A 10 minute drive will put you in the heart of either of these towns. Charlevoix and Bay Harbor are also nearby - great shopping. During summer months, the beautiful Little Traverse Bay Golf Course and Restaurant (open to the public) is onsite along with tennis courts, large outdoor pool, and children's playground. All season hiking trails (well known North Country Trail), cross country ski trails, ORV trails, and snowmobiling trails are ALL accessible ONSITE. Day trips to Mackinac Island (45 minutes away) and Traverse City (1.5 hours away) are enjoyed by many.
This keyless entry, open concept condo will offer you everything you need to enjoy your vacation. You can come with as little as one outfit and stay all week.
4 bedrooms with ample closet space (linens provided):
- 1 King Room with en-suite and valley views
- 1 King Room with en-suite on lower level with family room and walkout
- 1 Queen Room with valley views and full size crib
- 2 Twin Beds in kid friendly bedroom
- Lower Level Living room pull-out (queen)
- 2 Sleeping bags and extra blankets for living room camp-outs
Families needing a vacation spot place for small children and babies, look no further!
- Full size crib
- Sippy cups, child size silverware, and kid plates
- High chair
- Pack n play
3.5 bath (towels, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash included), well-equipped kitchen, new dishwasher, large main floor living room with gas fireplace and valley views, dining room with seating for 9 leading out to a deck with seating for relaxing or casual dining, lower level walk-out family room, and laundry room. Over 2,000 square feet of living space on three floors.
- Keyless entry
- Three 24-hour emergency maintenance staff members (available in 4 hours or less)
- 2 flat screen TVs
- Free WiFi
- Charter Spectrum cable television, Amazon TV with Netflix app, & PlayStation Vue
- One and a quarter size car garage
- Several bikes (use at your own risk - bikes are not regularly serviced)
- Beach chairs
Airica & Jonathan Clapper
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Lots of room and great location!
Plenty of room for large group which is hard to find. The location is great for skiing or golfing! Typical condo layout, but felt like there was plenty of room in living room and kitchen area to hang out. Kitchen is outdated, but still has room and equipped for large cooking large meals. Would recommend if looking for a place to stay north of Petoskey!
Very rude and intrusive owner, dirty and poorly maintained unit, not worth the price.
I have stayed in other units of this association and had a great experience, so I was very disappointed when this rental ended up being terrible. There were numerous reasons for this. The most important was the owner/contact. She was rude, overbearing and took our damage deposit despite no damage being done. Prior to our arrival she requested a copy of a photo ID, which I declined. In another instance she was angry over the temperature in the condo! The rental has an internet enabled smart thermostat. We had the fireplace going one evening which resulted in the temperature of the family room being too high for her liking. She states that she tried to contact us to turn it down and was angry when we didn't respond! Isn't the purpose of a fireplace to warm up with after a winter day outside? Plus, I had no cell service at the condo anyways. In yet another instance, she became angry at where we parked our cars, which was in the empty parking lot (no one else was in the entire area that weekend) alongside a retaining wall. The garage was full of personal belongings, so our trucks didn't fit inside of it. The trucks were parked out of the way, and I have no idea why she would be upset?! Even worse, she states that we left the unit 45 minutes after the checkout time which was untrue. She stated that the cleaning person could not do their job due to us not leaving on time. Both families can vouch for the fact that we were out of the rental and that there was no person/cleaning crew trying to get in. As stated earlier, there were no people or cars seen all weekend. She claimed that 2 bowls were missing (not true, she either had a wrong dish count or fabricated it). She never claimed that we did any damage (which is true), yet withheld our damage deposit. She refused to listen to any of our comments.
Smaller problems include poor quality furnishings and appliances, a water heater that did not keep up with demand, damaged window blinds, closet doors that were cheap and worked poorly, dirty carpets, the previously mentioned useless garage space, and a lower level with almost no heat.
There are several excellent rentals in this complex, so avoid this one at all cost and avoid a sure disappointment!
Clean, great location, spacious, and well maintained.
We were very happy here.
A great place to stay
We stayed here for a long ski weekend with another family and it accommodated is perfectly. The place is a little dated but very clean and well maintained.
Perfect size for our group of four!
After skiing all day it was nice to come back to some quiet solitude in the woods.
Comfortable well equipped condo in a beautiful location
We have enjoyed staying in this condo for a mon
We have enjoyed staying in this condo for 3x in the last 2 years. The owners have been so accommodating and the condo is always spotless and very well equipped with all our kitchen needs, towels and linens. The owners are easy to reach if you have any needs or questions. The condo's location is central to Harbor Springs, Petoskey and skiing slopes. We will be back again next year.
Some of our family's favorites:
At Hideaway Valley,
- Golf & Restaurant at Little Traverse Bay Golf Course
- ORV Trails
- Onsite trailer storage (boat, snowmobile, and recreational vehicles) for guest
- North Country Trail hiking
- Cross-country skiing
- Children's play ground
- Outdoor Pool and club house
- Pizza delivery and taxi services available
- Ride bikes to Bay Harbor part of the Little Traverse Wheelway (23 miles from Charlevoix to Harbor Springs)
- Walk the marina and check out boats
- Public boat launch
- Lots of great shopping & dining
- Summer festivals
- Walk through Bay View and enjoy architecture from the 1800s
- Search for Petoskey stones
- Live music in the parks of Petoskey and Bay View
- Take in world famous sunsets at the Perry Hotel
In Harbor Springs,
- Head to the Harbor Springs public beaches
- Walk the docks
- Ice Cream from Yummy's
- Pizza from Turkey's
- Public boat launch
- Best deli sandwich (the Train Wreck) from Gurney's
- Enjoy the nature preserve of Thorne Swift
- Great shopping
- Inland lake access for boating
- Head to Cross Village via the Tunnel of Trees and enjoy the best Polish food around at Legs Inn
- Fly in/ fly out airport for easy in/out access
At Boyne, Bay Harbor, or Nubs Nob:
- Zip lining
- Horse back riding
- Downhill Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Waterpark (Boyne Mountain)
- Year-Round Restaurants
- Kids Activities
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- Security Deposit: $200 (returned after condo inspection) - Cleaning Fee: $150 - Check in at 4PM and Check out @ 11AM - Cancellation made before 60 days prior to arrival: 100% refund. After 60 days - No Refund - Long term rental available: request information from owner - Price is subject to change. Please place an inquiry for rental quote.