Anglers Haven Near Lake Erie by Presque Isle State Park, Peninsula Beaches(10 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Bungalow
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
ANGLERS HAVEN near Lake Erie by Presque Isle Park Beaches
-Great "Walkability Index".
-Near Presque Isle State Park beaches, trails, picnic grounds, watercraft and bicycle rentals. Near Waldameer Amusement and Water Park. Near fishing and central to boat launches. and marinas.
- Located just off festive lower Peninsula Drive, yet in a relatively quiet, mixed dwelling neighborhood. Low through traffic due to neighborhood configuration.
- Close to many choices of quality casual dining restaurants/lounges, shopping boutiques, and many of the areas key amenities.
- Many summer special events including:
! - free "On-the-Beach" concert series (7 Mondays).
! - free Bay Front Pepsi Amphitheatre concert series called "8 Great Tuesday's".
! - "Roar on the Shore" motorcycle weekend rally and festivities.
! - "Discover Presque Isle" week.
! - "We Love Erie Days".
! - Bass Fishing Tournament.
! - Presque Isle Downs and Casino.
! - Wine Country winery tours.
! - Erie Zoo.
! - Dozens of 18-hole and 9-hole courses within (15) minute drive.
! - Putt-Putt courses, including Bay Front course.
AND MANY OTHER SPECIAL EVENTS AND NEARBY ATTRACTIONS !
Member since: 2015
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom #3 is alternatively used as a converted second family room. The main TV is in this room, and this room exits to the back yard deck. There is a futon and a full sized pull-out sofa in this room for alternate sleeping. The coffee table has been removed vs what the photos show, to make more room for seating and/or sleeping arrangements....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Satellite / Cable:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
During Peak Season, home is outfitted with TWC's 2nd highest Tier Wi-Fi service package. Allows wide variety of uses by guests including multi-simultaneous gamers and streaming video preferences....moreless
- Iron & Board
Guests typically provide for their own bed linens, bath/beach towels, and toiletries. We will provide for a fee if you prefer. We do provide some blankets, bedspreads, hand towels for K & BRs. ...moreless
- Living Room:
Guests typically provide for their own beach/bath towels. We can provide for a fee if you prefer. We do provide hand towels for kitchen and BRs. We provide clean-up rags/sponges. Some Paper towels....moreless
- Washing Machine:
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Property Damage Protection $59
1. Guests are expected to leave the property in near as clean a condition as upon check-in. Normal clean-up supplies are provided for that.
2. We can often offer extremely flexible check-in and check-out times that significantly extend your effective vacation time. Sometimes we can give check-ins as early as 8:00am and check-outs as late as 8:00pm...given terms and conditions. Sometimes, even free or greatly reduced bonus days are offered, pending adjacent guest schedules...why not, we want you to have the best experience and best deal possible.
3. This vacation home is modest, but solid, clean, and neat...it is not extravagant, so you don't need to be overly worried about normal family-type activities while you are at ANGLERS HAVEN.
4. ANGLERS HAVEN is intended for use by the pre-identified overnight guests, and only reasonable quantities of day guests at given time. It is located in a mixed dwelling neighborhood including some local residents. Please remember respectfulness with the time of your activities and noise levels, particularly after 11:00pm and prior to 7:00am. Typical local ordinances apply as you are likely used to in your home communities.
5. Upon your arrival, you will typically be met by the owner, or family member, to give you a quick tour, verify the condition and utility of the home, and to discuss things of mutual interest. You will typically receive two keys. We also intend to meet you at the home just prior to your check-out.
6. We will try to not bother you at all, but will likely check a couple times to assure everything is going okay for you. There could be seasonal maintenance, such as quick landscaping, that needs to be done during your stay.
7. Thank you very much for your inquiry, we hope you decide to headquarter your vacation at ANGLERS HAVEN!
Note: We really like pets and even have our own; however, pets of any kind are not allowed at ANGLERS HAVEN, for the best experience for all guests, season long. This includes the yard.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Dan S. - Born and raised at Erie, PA. Lifelong resident here. Nine in family growing up; seven in married family. Four boys and one girl within seven years of each other. Attended Ashland University of Ohio (2 years) and graduated Penn State University. My father was a first generation American immigrant, World War II sailor, machinist, then founder of a manufacturing company and developer of real estate. My mother, of same era, was a degreed nurse, raised with single Mom after father died early, lost family farm in Great Depression, and lived with many cousins and relatives growing up. Both were very active in the community and instilled that in their children. After serving a wide variety of management-leadership responsibilities within the growing family business over 20 years, decided to go another direction after founding father retired. I live within a few miles of our rental homes and am easily accessible: likewise, sons and wife are involved as back-up, as well as other relatives as back-up if needed. We want you to enjoy your stay near well-renowned Presque Isle State Park and Peninsula of Lake Erie, and all this area has to offer.
Why the Owner Chose Erie, PA, USA:
This rental property is located within Erie's most desired suburb, NW Millcreek Township. Being close to the Peninsula also puts it close to many other area amenities. The property's neighborhood started back in the 1940's as a cottage-like community in the near outskirts of Erie (only 3 miles out). Many regular visitors from Pittsburgh and surrounding Tri-State region, who knew the value of this little getaway gem at Lake Erie, bought, or long term rented, in this neighborhood to enjoy staying close and convenient to the beaches, fishing, Waldameer Park, etc. Over the decades, this little "neighborhood by the lake" has developed as a mixed dwelling area, mostly consisting of full time residents, but also still plenty of vacation renters especially during the fishing and beach seasons. Our ANGLERS HAVEN rental home was previously owned, for 20+ years, by a Pittsburgh couple/family who then spent the bulk of their retirement summers up at the Lake Erie neighborhood, where they would also host to their friends and family visitors during the spring and summer. There are no million dollar condos on the block. I liked that grass roots, middle-based aspect to this affordable for visitors and families. Right near to festive lower Peninsula Drive, and yet a quaint, relatively quiet, neighborhood; there is very limited through-traffic due to neighborhood configuration. Though somewhat modest, this property is very clean, neat, and well-kept. A really nice vacation "headquarters" from which to branch out into the surrounding areas to enjoy the venues and events, be it the wineries, the beaches, fishing, and even day trips up to Niagara Falls. I liked that this property has a decent size yard, completely fenced in in the back for privacy. Enough elbow room to throw a football or Frisbee around in front or really close to many larger such spaces if a family wanted that (Scott Park, Frontier Park, Lakewood Park, and of course Presque Isle State Park).
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
We just might have what you seek. Come look us over. Clean, neat, livable.
Not us, just typical happy guests! Get ready to enjoy your time away.
Dining area for four. More dining just feet away in living room for large groups
Different angle view of dining area. Wall opening service to kitchen.
Out to back deck from #2 family room/#3 BR, convertible, depending on needs.
Gas stove range/oven, microwave. Not seen is coffee maker and toaster.
Half-bath sink-vanity area in #1BR. Master BR queen size bed.
BR #2. Full size bed. Vanity mirror dresser. 6' hanging closet. 10 drawers.
Deck off of LR #2/BR# 3. Other outdoor table and chairs in yard seats 6+.
Barbecue grill. Guests buy own propane tanks. Charcoal grill also on site.
Parking enough for 4+ large vehicles. Can also fit (2+) boat trailers.
Fairly calm Lake Erie kayaking...1/2 mile away.
Fully screened front porch. A guest favorite hangout & chat place.
Living room #1. This room now has two pull out sleeper sofas, queen+ size.
Through-wall,view from dining area into #2FR/#3BR convertible; deck to right.
Basic needs kitchen, nice and clean. Provided: hand towels, dish and hand soap.
Good size, clean fridge and freezer. Several ice cube trays.
Small washer and dryer. Just for light laundry needs. Complimentary laundry soap
Master BR. Half BA, toilet room right of vanity. 6' hanging closet. Queen bed..
#2 BR (other view). Full size bed. Double closet, armoire w mirror not seen.
Yard fully fenced to house. Gates to front. Fire pit and yard furniture.
Portion of back yard. This area updated now holds the fire pit set-up.
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Thursday, January 19, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.