About the property
- House720 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum StayNone
Bright - Cheerful - Rustic! Perfect for a family getaway or small group stay!
Experience the Canadian countryside in a bright family cottage that sits on 10 acres of park-like grounds with private 1.2 km nature trail. Just 45 minutes from Vancouver, near Historic Fort Langley & Vancouver Zoo, in the heart of Fraser Valley’s wine country.
Located next to popular Krause Berry Farms & Winery and near Thunderbird Show Park. Enjoy golfing, horseback riding, wineries, farmers markets and cafés. Amenities: WiFi, cable TV, fully-equipped kitchen, washer & dryer, private deck.
***Special VRBO/HomeAway Property Feature***
Guests can enjoy our nature trail that winds through our own private Pacific Northwest forest reserve. Make sure to bring your cameras on the trail as resident owls, woodpeckers and rabbits may come out and entertain you as you walk by the towering cedar, fir and pine trees.
Inside the unit, you can relax and unwind in the quaint 2 bedroom + 1 bath family cottage. The dwelling is completely separate from the owner's main house and has its own private entry. Plus, because it is not a basement suite, there are no noisy footsteps above you. It feels like your own little getaway out in the countryside!
Dates unavailable? Need larger or smaller accommodations? Then check out our other available VRBO/Homeaway vacation units nearby: COUNTRY TIMBERS SUITE (#846878), WINE COUNTRY GUEST HOUSE (#818754), COUNTRY WOODS BUNGALOW (#1109020) and COUNTRY HEXAGON HUT (#1062218).
This 720 sq. ft. SMOKE-FREE and PET-FREE vacation rental accommodates a maximum of 5 people, and features:
• LARGE LIVING ROOM with cable TV
• FULLY-EQUIPPED KITCHEN including oven, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, cookware, dishes and cutlery
• LARGE OUTDOOR DECK with relaxing Adirondack-style chairs overlooking the property
• BEDROOM 1 has a queen-size bed (sleeps 2)
• BEDROOM 2 has a bunk bed (sleeps 2: one up and one down)
• Comfy sofa in the living room - not a pull-out sofabed (sleeps 1 child or teen)
• One full bathroom with shower
• Convenient stacked washer & dryer in the unit
• One dedicated parking space beside the cottage
• Quick access to Highway 1 to visit Vancouver's many attractions
• Due to allergies, we have a strict NO SMOKING and NO PETS policy.
• This unit is not suitable for children under 5 years old. The additional guest fee applies to all guests, including all children.
• This unit is NOT available for bachelor or bachelorette parties, or parties of any kind.
• Due to the wooded nature of our property, we do not allow any BBQ grills, fire pits or candles on the property.
• The property is situated by working farms so there may be some occasional tractor and truck noise during the day, but definitely quiet during the evening and night.
• Free WiFi
• Cable TV
• All linens and towels provided
• Hair dryer
• Ironing board with iron
One of our guests best described our place:
“In the morning, we sipped our coffees on the patio before taking a short stroll to buy some fresh, local honey. We rented bikes and took a leisurely bike ride through the countryside. We worked up an appetite for some of the best homemade strawberry shakes and fruit pies at the farm just next door.
In the evening, we had a nice gourmet dinner at a local winery, and then watched an outdoor movie at the drive-in nearby. When we got back to the unit, we fell asleep to the soothing sounds of the frogs out on the pond. It was a terrific day in the country!"
– Megan S.
**BOOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Before making a reservation, please read the entire listing to make sure that your travel needs can be accommodated. The system defaults to rental quotes in U.S. dollars. Also, for your security and safety, payments are only accepted through VRBO/Homeaway by credit card in your name at the time of reservation. No wire transfers or cheques. The credit card and your government-issued photo ID will be checked prior to issuing the key for the unit. Thank you.
--To get a quick rental cost, input the desired dates and number of guests. Then, click "View Details" link to see the rental cost breakdown. Next, click the "Contact Owner" button to contact owner to check about availability BEFORE trying to make a reservation. Minimum Night Stay: 2 nights. -- Maximum Occupancy: 6 guests total. -- Additional Guest Fee (after 2 guests): $14 CAD per person, per night.
In order to safely accommodate you and future guests, we ask that you follow these house rules during your stay. Not following them could result in security deposit penalties and/or forfeiture of the unit:
1) Check-in is after 4:00 p.m. Check-out is before 11:00 a.m. Guests who do not vacate the unit by 11:00 a.m. without the consent of owner are subject to a fee equal to one rental day.
2) The guest who booked the reservation must be present at check-in to receive the key.
3) This unit is not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
4) The safety and security of our guests and neighbors are of top concern. Therefore, ONLY registered guests may stay in the unit. Once checked in, no switching of registered guests with non-registered guests.
5) Smoking, candles, barbecue grills and campfires are NOT allowed in the unit or on the property.
6) All lights, fans, small appliances and electronics must be turned off when not in use and when going out.
7) Pets are NOT allowed in the unit or on the property.
8) Please respect the neighbors by keeping the noise level down in the unit and outdoor areas. Enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
9) Parties or drug use are NOT allowed in the unit or on the property.
10) Any damage beyond normal wear and tear will be charged against the security deposit, including: lost or damaged linens or towels; broken furnishings; commercial cleaning needed for soiled upholstery/bedding or to remove offensive cooking odors, etc.
11) No cooking of food with offensive odors, no cooking of curry, and no deep frying. Also, no excessive cooking or preparation of food for large groups or parties.
12) All food waste should be promptly placed and locked in the garbage container just outside the unit to avoid attracting pests.
13) No excessive laundry or doing laundry for non-registered guests. Please do not use the outside deck railings or patio chairs to dry clothes. Also, no laundering of any horse riding accessories, including: horse blankets, wraps, bandages and saddle pads.
14) This unit is privately owned; by accepting the reservation, guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owner for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation, which may arise out of or in connection with the guests’ use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by guests.
15) Falsified reservations: Any reservation obtained under false pretenses or for third parties will be subject to forfeiture of the advance payment and the group will not be permitted to check-in. They must go through mediation with the booking website for resolution.
16) Any reservation alterations are held to the same cancellation policy as the original reservation.
Above all, please remember that we do live here, too. Simply respect the unit, property and our neighbors… and smile, because you are in one the most beautiful cities in Canada!
Guests are free to enjoy the grounds in the front and around the fountain. Our nature trail is open daily during daylight hours only, unless otherwise posted. The barn, homeowner’s pool and rear of the main building are not for guest use, and access is not allowed.
--INTERACTION WITH GUESTS--
While we also live on the property in the main house, we let our guests enjoy their privacy. Have any questions or issues during your stay? We are just a text, email or phone call away.
Also, if you catch us outside gardening or getting ready for a bike ride, do say "Hello!". We’re happy to chat and share any tips on great restaurants and fun events in the area.
Thank you for reading all the way down to here! To show our appreciation that you read our entire listing, put the secret code phrase 'Adventure Starts Here' at the top of your message and we'll make sure to have a welcome basket of bottled water and granola bars waiting for you when you arrive!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
"I traded in my hectic, corporate career in the city for a country life on a beautiful 10-acre property in Langley - just outside Vancouver, Canada. My best decision, ever. And when you love a place so much, you just want to share it. So for the past 4 years I’ve been hosting travelers from all over the world, from as far as The Netherlands, UK, Japan, Brazil, Kenya and Egypt. As a full-time host, I’m dedicated to making sure that my guests have a great stay – and to also enjoy an authentic Canadian countryside experience. I look forward to hosting your group on your visit to Vancouver!" --Phil" . ---------- Phil has been hosting multiple vacation rentals for more than 4 years, and is active with the VRBO/Homeaway community. He welcomes first-time VRBO/Homeaway guests, and he can help guide you through the booking process if needed.
Why Phil chose Langley
The relaxing 2 bedroom & 1 bath country cottage sits on 10 acres of beautiful and peaceful country property, yet is only 15 minutes to downtown Langley, and 45 minutes to Vancouver with quick access to the Trans-Canada Highway (Hwy 1). The property is nestled among Fraser Valley's wineries and fruit orchards, where you can enjoy golfing, fishing, horseback riding & cycling. Shop farmers markets and antique shops, then try out the many artisan cafes & farm-to-table restaurants.
What makes this House unique
Special VRBO/Homeaway Property Feature: Guests can enjoy our nature trail that winds through our own private Pacific Northwest forest reserve. Make sure to bring your cameras on the trail as resident owls, woodpeckers and rabbits may come out and entertain you as you walk by the towering cedar, fir and pine trees. Each vacation rental is cleaned using a strict set of standards and is double-checked prior to each arrival. Rest assured that your vacation rental unit will be clean and stress-free upon your arrival, so that you can quickly start enjoying your stay! Just look at the reviews...
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
We were visiting from Ontario for 18 days and stayed at this property. Absolutely loved it! Very clean and lots of room for 2 people. It was nice to sit out on the patio in the evenings. Phil was a great host. Would definitely recommend this property!
Thank you for the 5-star recommendation! We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our Cute Country Cottage. It was a pleasure to meet and host you!
Property was really nice. Bathroom was a bit small but worked fine for everyone.
We really enjoyed the place. It was so nice to be close to the Berry Farm and winery. We walked there almost everyday of our stay. Phil was so helpful with tips and he always replied to our questions very fast. Will definitely recommend to everyone who wants to enjoy country life around Vancouver.
Thank you so much, Magda! We're delighted that you were able to enjoy our local attractions, as well as the relaxing country lifestyle out here. It was a pleasure to host you and your lovely family at our Cute Country Cottage!
Wonderful for Place for Our Family
This was a brilliant place for our family of four to stay. There was plenty of room for everyone. The beds were comfortable and having a living room separate from the sleeping area was huge boon. This is waaaaay better than staying in a hotel.
What I liked:
* The place was very clean. It was obvious the owners take great pride in the vacational rentals they provide. It is definitely an older model home, but the TLC Phil has given to it was evident. We were very comfortable and content here.
* There was plenty of room for my whole family. With the living room being separated from the bedrooms by a kitchen and bathroom it meant we could have people playing games and visiting out in the living room while people were sleeping in back.
* The location was beautiful. This place is located right in the heart of the agritourism area. This means no matter which direction you went you were surrounded by picturesque farms and pastures. Every day I'd go for a walk in a different direction and every day I was walking in beauty. Yet it's close enough to the towns of Langley and Fort Langley that you're only a few minutes drive from a nice restaurant or shopping.
* The host was quite friendly. Phil was very welcoming and pleasant, yet he also gave us our space. I wound up needing to make an unexpected adjustment to our reservations and Phil was very accomodating.
Things we did in the area we'd recommend:
* Krause Berry Farms- We went over there one morning to eat waffles. It wasn't a traditional restaurant per se, I'm pretty sure they just serve waffles. But the waffles were so good that's the only thing I'd order if I went back... And they're close enough to walk to.
* Flying Over Canada- This was in downtown Vancouver at Canada Place (so it's a bit of a drive), but man oh man was it worth it. This was so much fun I'm certain we'll do it agin... If you go I definitely recommend getting the Fast Pass tickets. They're only a few bucks more and it enabled us to skip about 60 people in line.
* Castle Fun Park (Abbotsford)- These are the sorts of stops you make when you travel with a 9 year old who thinks McDonalds is fine dining. But it was actually pretty fun. It has an arcade, go karts, etc... My 17 year old enjoyed it too. If you've got kids I'm certain they'd have a good time here.
Thanks Jeff for the five-star review! We’re happy that your wonderful family of 5 enjoyed your stay at our Country Cottage. Definitely welcome back!
Great place. Super Berry farm next door. We were gone too much to enjoy the cottage. We might have lost 2 items there but have not heard any news of it. Great Location and nice area.
Thanks for your review, Loie! I’m sorry to learn that you may have lost an item at our unit. It would have been best to notify us immediately of any possible lost item, so that we and our cleaners could keep a look out for it. I’m glad that you enjoyed the popular berry farm next door, as well as your stay at our cottage!
Definitely a home away from home
This was our first time using Home Away/Vacation Rental By Owner - a very good experience. The cottage was very inviting and had everything you would need to make your stay as comfortable and inviting as possible. Phil provided us with a list of local attractions, as well as local shops and restaurants that we may want to visit during our stay. He was punctual with meeting us for check in and checked with us during our stay to ensure everything was okay. The property was well kept and clean. The kitchen was outfitted with everything you needed to prepare meals. I definitely would recommend visiting Krause Berry Farm (within walking distance) and the Vancouver zoo, a mere few minutes down the road. The property was very relaxing. I would definitely recommend this family cottage.
Thanks Aseneth for the nice review of our Country Cottage! So pleased that you felt at home, and that you got to visit a lot of our local attractions. You were such a nice family to host, and I’m thrilled that your first Homeaway/VRBO experience was enjoyable!
Nice holiday visit
Had a pleasant break with the Mrs. after all the busy Christmas festivities. The cottage was very comfortable and cozy as advertised. Great country location. Everything was clean and we were so able to relax! We loved the antique mall and candy store in Fort Langley as well.
Thank you for your nice review! We're happy that you enjoyed our cottage and Fort Langley. It was a pleasure meeting you both!
MOVIE SETS & FILM SHOOTS:
Langley’s country vistas and picturesque landscapes have been the backdrop to many movies and TV shows like: "Once Upon A Time”, "Supernatural" and "Riverdale". Maybe you’ll be 'discovered' during your stay! The Jamestown back lot, where they film Hallmark Channel's frontier drama TV series "When Calls The Heart", is located just up our street.
WINE & CRAFT BEER COUNTRY:
The property is located near popular Fraser Valley wineries, including: Chaberton Estates Winery, Backyard Vineyards, Township 7 Vineyards, The Fort Wine Co. Estate Winery and Krause Berry Farms & Winery. Also, try the many local craft breweries like Trading Post, Dead Frog and Field House.
ANTIQUE SHOPS & HISTORIC VILLAGE:
Historic Fort Langley, a 15-minute scenic drive from the Cute Country Cottage, is the birthplace of the province of British Columbia. You can enjoy the historic village with its quaint architecture of its turn-of-the-century streets lined with unique antique stores, boutiques, restaurants and bakeries.
WORLD-CLASS HORSES & BERRIES:
The Cute Country Cottage is 2 minutes away from the world-class equestrian facility Thunderbird Show Park. Its six major horse jumping tournaments help to make Langley the Horse Capital of B.C. A pleasant walk from the unit brings you to all the berries you can eat at the popular Krause Berry Farm & Winery.
RUNNING & CYCLING EVENTS:
Also, in the spring, summer and autumn, the area hosts many running and cycling events – many of which happen right down our street!
NOTE: The property is situated by working farms so there may be some occasional tractor and truck noise during the day, but definitely quiet during the evening and night.
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS and other Points of Interest:
• BC Buzz Honey Farm - cute honey hut with fresh honey for sale (< 1 km)
• Krause Berry Farms & Winery (< 1 km)
• Thunderbird Show Park (2 kms)
• MacInnes Farms - fresh eggs for sale, and tours of the "When Calls The Heart" show backlot (2 kms)
• Greater Vancouver Zoo (6 kms)
• Twilight Drive-In – the only remaining drive-in movie theater in the Vancouver area (8 kms)
• Williams Park - featuring picnic tables & charcoal bbq grills (9 kms)
• Canadian Museum of Flight (9 kms)
• Milner Downs Equestrian Center (9 kms)
• Trinity Western University (9 kms)
• Historic Fort Langley 19th-century fur trading post (9 kms)
• Cascades Casino & Convention Centre (10 kms)
• Langley Fine Arts School (10 kms)
• Kwantlen Polytechnic University (10 kms)
• Philip Jackman Park - community outdoor pool and spray park (10 kms)
• Tradex - Trade & Exhibition Centre (18 kms)
• Cloverdale Rodeo – May 2018 (18 kms)
• Abbotsford International Air Show – Aug 2018 (20 kms)
• Abbotsford Centre Arena (22 kms)
• Castle Fun Park – Indoor/outdoor family amusement centre (28 kms)
• Gloucester Industrial Park – Home to major companies, including: Weyerhaeuser, Jeld-Wen Doors, Old Castle Glass, EV Logistics, and Mazda/CAT Logistics (6 kms)
• White Rock Pier (29 kms)
• Crescent Beach (32 kms)
• Cultus Lake (52 kms)
• Tsawwassen Mills Outlet Shopping Mall (53 kms)
• Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal to go to Victoria (55 kms)
• Harrison Hot Springs (82 kms)
• Whistler (172 kms)
With quick access to Highway 1, the cottage is perfectly located for daily travel to visit and see Vancouver's many attractions.
A personal vehicle is necessary to visit all the great wineries, farmers’ markets and terrific seasonal events in the area. The scenic neighborhood is ideal for cycling so be sure to bring your bicycle along with you. We have a covered storage area for your bicycles. Bicycles also can be rented in nearby Fort Langley.
• Vancouver International Airport – YVR (63 kms)
• Abbotsford International Airport – YXX (20 kms)
• Langley Regional Airport – YNJ (10 kms)
In addition, the place is just 15 minutes away from the less busy US/Canada border crossing (Lynden-Aldergrove border).
The city of Langley, and nearby cities of Surrey, White Rock, Maple Ridge, Abbotsford, and Mission are all within a 30-minute drive. The city of Vancouver is a 45-minute drive during non-rush hours.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
ADDITIONAL TERMS: This unit is privately owned; by accepting the reservation, guests agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owner for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation, which may arise out of or in connection with the guests’ use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by guests. Falsified reservations: Any reservation obtained under false pretenses or for third parties will be subject to forfeiture of the advance payment and the group will not be permitted to check-in. They must go through mediation with the booking website for resolution. Any reservation alterations are held to the same cancellation policy as the original reservation.