An unbelievable beach getaway! Boat slip, kayak, beaches, fully stocked kitchen, pool, hot tub, sleeps 8, fishing, boat access, close to civil war memorial, bird sanctuary border, close to scenic ferry ride to dauphin island, balcony providing beach and Mobile Bay view, 1 king, 1 queen, 1 full, 3 twins, 1 pack in play, baby and kid beach/pool toys, DVD with movies, board games, card games, puzzles, and so much more fun!
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
3 Bed, 2 Bath, boat access, beaches
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Jun 17, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 5:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Overall the property suited all our needs, and we loved the quiet retreat of Navy Cove.
The property was well maintained and included everything we needed for a relaxing stay. The owner was quick to respond with questions. The property was extremely accessible to individuals with mobility challenges, including elevator, walk in shower, well maintained boardwalks and close parking.
The beach was short walk and was beautiful. We were able to see lots of wildlife. Rays, dolphin, fish and crab. Most importantly it was not crowded.
The unit itself was comfortable and had a lovely view of the sunrise, bay and views of the ocean from the balcony. Our kids loved watching for wildlife!
If you are looking for a hidden gem off the beaten path this unit is perfect for you. With a relaxing 25 minute ride back to gulf shores you can be back in the action in no time!
Thank you for a great stay!
The condo was great.
Thank you Robert! Hope to see you again next year!
Great Location, Wonderful condo.
We had a wonderful week at Ft Morgan. The condo was clean, roomy and well equipped. Plenty of cookware and utensils for cooking in house meals. The grounds and pool we well maintained. Will be back next year.
Lovely location. Very peaceful and low key.
We had a wonderful time! Easiest check in I’ve experienced. The location is great. Very quiet and relaxing. Just a short, lovely drive to Gulf Shores. It’s the best of both worlds. We will definitely be back!
Amazing condo, Great location!
We loved the atmosphere at Navy Cove! The pace of Fort Morgan is much more relaxed and natural than busy Gulf Shores - definitely our style. Having access to both the bay side and gulf side and the dog friendliness everywhere we went was a huge plus for us and our pup! The pool is partially shaded during the day and stays wonderfully cool, while the hot tub was piping hot, and neither was ever crowded, even during the busy Labor Day weekend. The walk to the Gulf side beach is only about 5 minutes, and the bay is literally footsteps away. We loved that a kayak, beach toys, and flotation items were provided also. Comfy beds and plenty of space in the condo.
Arrival and check-in was seamless and easy, and Gary (the owner) was very responsive to our questions and issues as we got settled. Check-out was painless.
A few points to hopefully help future guests:
- The drive to town is 20 minutes, so be sure to bring everything you need. The listing states toilet paper and trash bags are provided, but there was only one roll of TP in each bathroom, not enough for 6 adult guests for 3 nights/days. No trash bags were provided other than small ones for the bathroom trash cans, and we were inconvenienced to have to drive all the way to town just for these basic necessities. There were also no cleaning products or paper towels in the condo. Also, bring dishwasher detergent if you plan to use that more than once - only one tablet was provided.
- The issue with the patio door that other reviewers mentioned has been fixed - we loved the balcony access with views to both the bay and the gulf! Had dinner out there every night.
- The master toilet was nearly impossible to flush.
- Although the listing states there is a washer and dryer, the washer seemed to be broken - it wouldn't fill up with water.
- Although the listing states there is cable/satellite TV, the service was disconnected and out of order. We were frustrated since there were modern flat-screen tv's in every room of the condo, yet they were all unusable.
- Although the listing states there is wifi, we weren't able to find the network. We ended up using an open network from the condo below us, which was fine for just checking email, but we couldn't stream anything to make up for the lack of cable/TV. We were thankful that we brought board games.
We'll definitely be back . . .
This was our first time at Ft. Morgan and we loved it. The location of our condo was perfect. My husband and three sons spent the morning and evenings fishing and crabbing on the pier. In the late afternoon, we'd take the two minute drive across the road to the beach. We had the best of both worlds. Our condo was spacious and easily slept 8 people without anyone having to sleep on the couch. Gary was very responsive to any questions we had. Would definitely recommend this area and condo!
Thank you for the kind review!
Navy Cove Harbor is a quiet, family -oriented resort located at the south end of Mobile Bay and where the Gulf of Mexico begins. This area provides the best of the Mobile Bay. Navy cove is located next to a Wild Life Sanctuary, civil war memorial, a scenic ferry ride and only a two minute boat ride to Dixey Bar. This rental includes a kayak and a boat slip. This is truly a retreat at the beach you'll never forget!