House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Excellent weekend get away!
Clean, well kept, nicely furnished place. Contains all the necessities including bedding and linens. Nice view of the lake and close to places to eat and hang out.
Thank you for your kind review and thank you for staying! We're so glad you had a wonderful visit!
This property is great. It's clean and comfortable. We haven't seen Ashok but his partner Vince was there when we arrived at the house. Vince is a nice guy who answers all our questions. Ashok is also a nice and responsive person, he replies our questions quickly by cell or text. Thank you for what they did. We will still rent this house when we want to come again.
Great group summer getaway
1. Well appointed kitchen, charcoal grill.
2. Common spaces great for group sitting around
3. Cozy and comfortable
4. Walking distance to the lake, but community dock may be crowded on summer weekends.
5. Vince and Ashok are responsive and accommodating
6. Great house for escaping the summer heat due to effective AC
7. Very clean and well-maintained
Relaxing Vacation Home
This is a nicely furnished, equipped and decorated vacation home, close to lots of restaurants, activities and shopping. Ashok is extremely responsive, helpful, informative and flexible. Short 2 minute walk down to the lake where there is a dedicated dock for swimming and fishing. Overall very relaxing time.
Overall, a nice place.
Ashok is a nice person to rent from. The space is disjointed, with the living room upstairs, kitchen/eating area downstairs, leading us to hardly use the living room (sad, b/c it's very nice!). The bathroom downstairs is a little gross, needs to be re-done-- especially the shower (rust). We had fun walking to the beach area (down a path next to the house), but were a bit confused about which part we could actually use (I suggest getting confirmation on that). We made use of the yard, & used the firepit and hibachi. (FYI--There was no swing outside, just in case you were counting on that.) The neighborhood is pretty crowded. Neighbors were a loud, but it was 4th of July... A piece on the toilet broke while we were there, but Ashok was extremely nice and attentive, & fixed it right away.
Great weekend getaway
Ashok was so nice and informative. The house was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. Great views of the lake in a beautiful town. Will definitely be going back!
Lake Wallenpaupack is the most popular destination in the Poconos. And this house is located on the most popular end of the Lake.
Nestled in the beautiful Sunset Cove (so called because the sun sets directly across from this spot), it has all the serenity you'll want from a vacation home, but is within walking distance of some of the Lake's hottest dinning and night spots, complete with great food and live music. This lake house places you at the center of everything the Pocono Mountains has to offer: boating, fishing, swimming, hiking, sunbathing, waterskiing, jet skiing, golf, dining, entertainment, shopping, etc.
Easy access to the Lake and Sunset Point dock and beach.
Within walking distance of:
* The Boat House Restaurant
* Ehrhardt's Restaurant
* Chop House Restaurant
* Captain's Cove Marina
* Boat/Personal Water Craft/Water Ski Rentals
* Tafton Dike
* Walking/hiking trails
* Pocono Mountains Visitors Center.
Short drive from:
* The Historic Pennsylvania towns of Hawley, Honesdale and Milford
* Promised Land State Park
* Shuman's Point Natural Area Trails
* Claws 'N' Paws Wild Animal Park
* Lake Wallenpaupack Scenic Boat Tours
* Stourbridge Line Rail Excursions, Costa's Family Fun Park
* Lacawac Sanctuary
* Triple W Riding Stables
* Paupack Hills Golf & Country Club
* Ritz Company Playhouse
* Dowtown Hawley Farmer's Market
* Lake Region Fitness Center
* Koles Fitness Center
* Lake Region IGA grocery store
Other area/regional attractions:
* Bethel Woods Performing Arts Center and Museum (the original site of the 1969 Woodstock Festival)
* Mountain Laurel Performing Arts Center, Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs Casino, Mt. Airy Casino & Resort.