Stay in This Seafront Villa and Help Goldie This Summer
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Spacious villa on two floors as featured in TimesOnline top 50 worldwide destinations. Amazing views across the bay. Individually furnished and decorated by the owner as an attractive and practical home. Pool, restaurant, bar, small beaches and coves within few hundred metres in an oceanside complex which has been up and running for over 10 years. Cooling by natural air circulation. Ample quality teak garden furniture for eating, lazing, sunbathing. Hammock. Balconies, roof terrace, large verandah, with views over unspoilt bay and ocean. Private villas to either side, nothing between you and the ocean in front. 10 mins transfer from airport, 10 mins to Santa Maria or Espargos (7 euros for taxi or 1 euro on bus). Cook at home, or eat in the resort's restaurant by the ocean. Sal is less than 6 hours direct flight from UK, temperate climate warm all year, scarcely any rain, no jet lag, 10 minute transfer to villa.
We stayed in Murdeira for 2 weeks looking carefully before buying. We loved the position and the feeling of light and airiness. At the edge of a West facing bay, with ocean views and beautiful sunsets, you can hear the sound of the sea and watch the colour of the water change from turquoise to dark blue to grey to glistening white under the moonlight, to jet black. Listen to the birds, and the palm fronds rustle in the breeze. Most guests spend their time outdoors, and enjoy sunbathing on the roof terrace overlooking the bay (teak chaise longues with mattresses), or lazing in the hammock (hammock provided). Wake up to the smell of fresh baked bread, from the bread machine. Choice of 4 places to dine. Have breakfast on east facing breakfast balcony, lunch on the roof terrace, sundowners and dinner in the west facing terrace surrounded by hibiscus.
With small sandy beaches or coves to choose from, your closest one is about 100 yards, which slopes very gently. Space to store your sport equipment in locked quintal. Car parking outside.
With windows, oiled mahogany shutters and balconies/patios on three sides, and insect netting throughout, the villa is kept at the right temperature, day and night by natural environmentally friendly methods. This part of the resort was built by a Cape Verde company in the late 90's. They installed the facilities needed for an Atlantic island including security as well as designing sensible properties specifically designed for the local climate using a local architect. About the owners. We have been letting this villa since 2005, and despite this being well furnished when we purchased from careful Germans, we have shipped out many extras such as futons from Notting Hill, teak garden furniture, solid wood furniture, quality bedding, kitchen appliances and decorations.
Huge inventory upon request. Sal is great all year, for winter sunshine holidays, and in the summer too.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 95 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- The principal bedroom is on 1st floor with private bathroom (bath/shower) with high ceiling for coolness, French windows with wood shutters/insect netting to large private balcony, hair dryer, clock radio, DVD player with TV, large fitted cupboard, teak chest of drawers, mirror and bedside tables with lamps, and fan. It's a large room with high ceilings, and there's a stool by the chest of drawers (useful for make up and hair drying), and a small upholstered chair. Super King size bed with Vispring double mattress. The sun streams in in the morning. Second bedroom on ground floor with shutters/insect netting chest of drawers with mirror, wardrobe, hair dryer and fan, and bed with 2 x 3 foot mattresses which can be made up as two singles or a super king. Wood chair. Natural stone tiles on wall. The sun streams in in the morning. Shower room is next door, and extra large fitted cupboard in hallway. Each bed has four pillows, fine Egyptian cotton sheets, blankets, and bedcovers....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom on first floor with exterior window with a bath with shower fitting, glass door, basin and wc, mirrored wall cabinet and laundry basket. Baths in Sal are a rarity. Shower room on ground floor with exterior window (large shower) with wc, basin, cabinet with mirror. Both fully tiled and with hand holds on the walls to ease getting in/out of bath or shower. Outdoor shower and large Belfast basin in the locked outdoor area we call the quintal, is very handy for coming back covered in sand from the beach or chopping up fish. There is also a store room with extra garden furniture, beach games, tent, and washing machine. There are several washing lines, and pegs....moreless
- Whilst we make every effort to keep the details as accurate and up to date as possible, we cannot guarantee that this is the case. Please check any particular requirements with the owner before booking. Please refer to the English text for the most accurate information on the villa; the owner is not responsible for translations. Ask us about drink delivered at wholesale prices to the villa, taxis from airport, visas, car hire and excursions. All photographs in this ad were taken by the owner. ...moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Alarm Clock
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Parking On Street
- Sofa Bed
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Fish Cleaning Table
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill:
- Porch / Veranda
- Small Cooler
Pool / Spa
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Late summer 2016
Sep 2 - Oct 10, 2016
7 night min stay
Oct 11 - Dec 18, 2016
7 night min stay
Christmas New Year 2016-7
Dec 19 - Jan 10, 2017
7 night min stay
Jan 11 - May 1, 2017
7 night min stay
May 2 - Aug 31, 2017
7 night min stay
Late summer 2017
Sep 1 - Oct 10, 2017
7 night min stay
Oct 11 - Dec 18, 2017
7 night min stay
Christmas/New Year 2017-2018
Dec 19 - Jan 10, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $259.92
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
Water and electricity included. Fine Egyptian cotton bed linen, beach towels, table linen from John Lewis included. We ask renters to leave the villa in the same good clean condition that they found it in. The villa will be cleaned prior to arrival and weekly, for stays longer than 7 nights. Additional cleaning available upon request (extra cost).
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Murdeira is a resort village by the sea. Windsurfing, kite surfing, surfing, sailing powered by steady north east trade winds, fishing, game fishing, snorkelling, tennis, diving either on site or within 10 minutes by motor. Many of our guests enjoy jogging from the house; one even encouraged me to run 2 miles with them ! Float in the salt water of the Volcanic crater and old salt mines at Pedra de Lume or swim in the natural rock pools at Burracona (or if water is rough, watch the water spouts). Day trips to other Cape Verde islands by light plane (only for those that like small planes!) or boat. The resort restaurant and bar with tables indoors and out has beautiful views over Murdeira Bay, and a choice of European or local dishes. Or just watch the world go by at the water's edge; there are some magic places where it's like being an observor on a film set.
There are long walks around Murdeira Bay, and there is excellent snorkeling (generally many fish, sometimes turtles or dolphins) and swimming in the sea or in the large pool. The small beaches and coves in Murdeira have few, if any people. Take your picnic to a secluded spot (picnic crockery and cool bag provided) or just find a deserted beach or cove. At first glance the inland appears to be without interest, but inland walks are extremely varied and Sal island has its own micro geography.
Shops, fish market, bars, variety of restaurants, nightclubs, vast beaches and more people 10 minutes by motor. Taxis from Murdeira to Espargos or Santa Maria cost about 7 euros and buses are 1 euro per person.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: We bought this villa as a house to live in permanently. But life has surprises, and we never lived in Sal full time. We normally spend 3-4 months a year in Sal, maintaining and improving our villa, and greeting our guests. We have a house in London, travel around Europe with our dogs (both from Sal) and enjoy sailing yachts and dinghies.
Why the Owner Chose Sal, Cape Verde:
We spent ages looking over properties in Sal in general, then Murdeira in particular and wanted somewhere in an excellent location. We didn't want to buy off plan as was the norm. We stayed in a villa in Murdeira for three weeks before we bought. We love the sea, so wanted to be in the front line, which makes the house lighter and quieter. Murdeira is like being in a village community; it's not full of holiday makers, and there's a blend of Europeans and Cape Verdeans - these tend to be doctors, dentists, lawyers and architects. Being in a place with so many nationalities means that in one day you can end up speaking five languages!
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
We loved the position of the villa, to the far south of Murdeira - with views to Monte Leon, and the light reflections from the sea, and the moon. The villa is remarkably cool, with a spacious feeling and airy with very high ceilings and this makes it light and agreable to live in, without the need for air conditioning. There is lots of outside space with wonderful views, as well as practical things like an outside sink/shower and store room and plenty of washing lines. And of course, one of the few baths on the island! We were looking for a home to live in and we found one....
- Primary: +44 7582712848
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sunset view over Murdeira Bay from Hibiscus House
Sitting room with sea views faces west, 2 sets of French doors
Terrace with sea views with teak table, rocking chair and hammock
Views of the bay from first floor
Upstairs bedroom with bathroom, balcony and mahogany shutters
Bedroom two, super king size bed/2 singles has wardrobe, hair dryer, fan
Terrace overlooking Murdeira Bay
Murdeira, oceanside restaurant and bar
Enjoy long walks along the Murdeira shores
Seafront villa with lovely views over Murdeira Bay
Choice of diving schools at reasonable rates
Watch the world go by on a beach in Murdeira
Protected west facing roof terrace with teak dining table and benches
View towards west, with mahogany shutters - useful at night, and for coolness
Large hotel pool and childrens' pools by ocean
Ocean view from main bedroom
Savour home made bread with your breakfast on east facing bedroom balcony
Fully tiled downstairs shower room sunny in morning
Quintal, locked area for washing lines, store room, Belfast sink, outdoor shower
Snorkeling near the villa (snorkels provided)
Murdeira restaurant - oceanside dining - or order a takeaway......
Gently sloping beach - usually empty within 200 m of the villa
Float in Sal's volcanic crater
Kite beach is on east of island with good reaching wind
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeVilla
Request to book
- Response time Within 12 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 09/27/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.