A COUNTRY RETREAT OFFERING OFFERING HUNTING and FISHING PRIVILEGES. Be SURE to read all "Additional Information about Rental Rates"! Read this section THOROUGHLY! This is a unique property.
Google Location: 31°39'54.8"N 97°40'49.7"W OR CLICK ON MAP ICON ABOVE!
Be sure to see the Seasonal Rates and AVAILABILITY posted below. As the 2018 fall hunting approaches, I'll be posting updated photos from the 5 game cameras placed on game trails or around the numerous tree stands, ground blinds and game feeders on the property. "Short Notice" rates are often negotiable by contacting Owner directly. Return guests are often given special treatment!
Heron Hollow is a 95 acre resort that features a myriad of outdoor leisure, hiking, fishing and limited hunting experiences as well as a place where you can rest your weary bones, watch the sunset or retire in the comfort of a "TRANE" air conditioned cabin complete with a 12' x 16' deck with a HOT TUB, covered activity shed and outdoor dining with views of the magnificent surroundings and night sky! It’s a perfect place to take the family to escape the pressures of city life any time of the year. Solitude best describes the setting in the northernmost corner of Coryell County, Texas, about a four hour drive from downtown Houston, two hours from Dallas-Fort Worth or Austin and just fifty minutes from Temple or Waco. The cabin overlooks a spring fed stream in a valley bordered by limestone cliffs and small caves where arrowheads and scraps of Indian pottery can still be found. The stream has been dammed to create a pond that extends several hundred yards back to a low level crossing and a natural swimming hole with a ladder to a rock overhang and pergola with picnic table that doubles as a hunting during hunting seasons. Hiking and hunting trails traverse the property with several leading to tree stands, hunting blinds and deer feeders all of which are described in personal copy of an aerial map available to you by email.
ALL OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK OVER MOSTLY NATURAL BUT ROUGH TERRAIN! Suitable outerwear should always be worn!
COST OF HUNTING PRIVILEGES
• Hunting Privileges are ONLY granted to guests staying for two nights or longer at Heron Hollow and are in ADDITION to SEASONAL ACCOMMODATION rates detailed below.
• HUNTING RATES WILL BE QUOTED WHEN YOUR INQUIRY REQUESTING SAME IS RECEIVED. Hunting Rates and Accommodation Rates are subject to change at any time at Owner’s discretion. See hh-hunting dot com for more information on hunting. Quoted rates will be honored when a damage deposit quoted with the rate is received along with a signed and addressed Rental Agreement that will accompany the quote. HUNTING RATES are now offered as detailed on the "Hunting Rates/Agreement" page of hh-hunting.com.
ALL TPWD REGULATED GAME KILLED MUST BE PHOTOGRAPHED WITH APPROPRIATE TAG ATTACHED AND EMAILED TO OWNER/CARETAKER .
• Hunting Privileges include access to blinds several of which have operating deer feeders during hunting seasons, and specific hunting areas defined on property maps. Hunters and others in their registered party will also have free access to fishing, hiking, swimming and any other non-motorized outdoor activity they may wish to pursue.
• The hunting party will have exclusive access to all hunting areas on the property for the length of their stay.
• The Caretaker’s quarters adjoining the Main Cabin may or may not be occupied by the Caretaker during all or a portion of your stay for supervision and maintenance purposes only.
• Only one party of no more than six hunters is permitted on the property at any one time.
o The Main Cabin can accommodate four hunters or non-hunting guests in one California king bed size and two twin size beds in the two bedrooms.
o Two twin size beds are available in Bedroom#3/Laundry Room to accommodate additional persons in the party. This room has a private entry, HVAC and a large screened window with a view to the North. The Bedroom 4/Suite with kitchenette, queen size bed, sleeper sofa and private bath OR bedroom #3 containing laundry facilities can be made available for larger groups parties.
• No guests other than those registered at check-in will be permitted to hunt.
• All hunters are required to have a valid TPWD hunting license that will be registered with the caretaker/owner prior to check-in.
• Check-in and Check-out times can usually be negotiable to accommodate guests depending on the status of adjoining reservations.
• All regulated game birds and animals taken MUST BE PROPERLY TAGGED, logged with the caretaker/owner and removed from the property at the conclusion of the hunt.
• Hunters will be required to provide their own coolers for game.
• A CLEANING TABLE and game hanging equipment is provided in the TRACTOR SHED. BE SURE TO LEAVE THE CLEANING TABLE IN THE CONDITION IN WHICH YOU FOUND IT!! A water hose is available at the corner of the cabin for cleaning. All carcasses and animal material in the gut bucket MUST be dumped down on the left side of the dam. My pet buzzards will love you for it!
ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR TPWD HUNTING REGULATIONS FOR SEASONAL DATES!