Best Location: Walk to Beach from Spacious Home
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Enjoy endless summer in this spacious, spectacularly beautiful custom home located in a quiet upscale beachfront community within an easy, two-block safe walk to one of Carlsbad’s best beaches, North Ponto Beach.
Fully licensed and permitted by the City of Carlsbad, this home has everything you, your family and your friends need to relax in a home away from home or enjoy all the area has to offer. Walk two blocks to the check out the waves at the beach; sip your morning coffee lounging in the morning sun on a secluded front gated patio, or on the main floor, gather with family and friends in the spacious dining room with a unique ceiling designed to replicate a yacht, or gather for after-dinner drinks as you relax around a custom fire-pit designed to sparkle like the stars above. Hang out in the family room adjacent to the kitchen with gas fireplace roaring or watch the 55" HD TV. If cooking at home appeals, you can prepare your meals in a gourmet kitchen featuring a 6-burner Thermidor range, new Samsung 4-door refrigerator, and Calphalon cookware – or enjoy Carlsbad’s lovely weather while grilling outside on the Char-Broil grill. Or if you prefer eating out, you can choose any one of the many nearby restaurants based on menus and recommendations in the binder we’ve prepared for you. A full office, with French doors to an outside patio, offers quiet space if work should call.
Easy to get find – by car or train (with the Coaster station in walking distance) – this home provides space to gather or spread out. With three stories, including a unique full basement, this nearly 3900 sq. foot, 5 bedroom home with three full bathrooms and two half baths has a place for up to 12 people to sleep in their own premium beds. Four bedrooms have HD TVs (40”). The master has a king bed, small balcony and a master bath equipped with two-person indoor jetted tub, large glass shower with two shower heads, and toilet room with a bidet. Each of the other three bedrooms upstairs has a queen bed; one has a walk-out balcony to enjoy the morning sun; another has an en-suite 1/2 bath; the last, a serene setting.
Downstairs, there is fun for kids of all ages. While the little ones play in a space dedicated and furnished for them, the gang can cozy up on the sectional sofa to watch a movie on the 65” HD smart TV in the theater area or challenge each other to a rousing game on the indoor basketball shooting machine or playing Ping-Pong. The fifth bedroom – with two twin beds and a set of bunk beds – and second full bath are downstairs.
Beach gear is stored in the clean two-car garage. Beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, surfboards, sand toys, umbrella – and a wagon to pull the goodies to the beach are all there for your use. After you wash off the sand in a warm outdoor shower, you can toss your towels in to the new Samsung washer and dryer to get ready for another day of fun.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2015
- 3875 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Basement ready! Play area with games, puzzles, books, drawing materials. Front patio and backyard are gated for safety. Booster seat and high-chair are available for your use. Pack & Play available upon request....moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- 5 bedrooms; Master with Cal King bed, Juliet balcony, 2 person jetted tub, 2 sinks and bidet; 3 bedrooms with luxury queen beds, one with walk-out balcony; another with ensuite 1/2 bath; 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds and bunk bed with ensuite full bathroom; Fifth bedroom downstairs in basement with two twin beds, bunk beds and on-suite full bathroom (shower only). ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- Grocery service available so you can have goodies available upon your arrival. Home has gated front patio with two sitting areas, a full office with French doors to the front patio, a gated backyard with an outdoor hot water shower, Char-broil grill, dining table that seats 12, and additional seating area, a full basement with children's play area, theatre space with 65" HD TV and electronic basketball shooting game and ping pong table. The home has a wireless Sonos radio system, high speed internet and landline telpehone. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Game Room:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Room
- Seating for 8 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 29 - Dec 16, 2016
3 night min stay
Dec 17 - Jan 2, 2017
5 night min stay
Mar 1 - Mar 31, 2017
3 night min stay
Apr 1 - May 12, 2017
3 night min stay
May 13 - Aug 26, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Property Damage Protection $79
- Cleaning Fee $275
- Tax Rate 10%
Door locks are coded for each quest. You will receive your code on the day of arrival.
Please note that we will not be accepting rental requests with a start/end on Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day to enable us to spend those days with our own family.
Manager's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting manager when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Relax at our spacious, custom beach home or enjoy one of the many activities and attractions in the area:
• Try the craze of stand-up paddle boarding, the roar of jet skiing or the quiet of kayaking around the Carlsbad Lagoon where you can rent the necessary equipment. (10 min drive)
• Take the Coaster (5 min walk) to Downtown San Diego where you can take in a baseball game at Petco Field (home to the San Diego Padres), explore microbrew pubs in the Gas Lamp district, explore Old Town, or shop in the nautical themed Seaport Village (30-40 min drive);
• Experience the nearby theme parks including Legoland (5 mins drive), Sea World (40 mins drive); San Diego Zoo (40 min drive), Wild Animal Safari (40 min drive), and Disneyland (65 min drive).
• Savor the small town feel of Downtown Carlsbad shops and restaurants (5 min drive or 3 mins on the Coaster); enjoy a special coffee at the World Coffee Shop, lunch on great salad and pizza at Pizza Port, or indulge with a wine tasting at Paon Wine store.
• Pamper yourself at Four Seasons Aviara Resort (5 mins drive) or La Costa Resort (10 min drive) with golf, spa, and restaurants or enjoy a sunset cocktail at Chandler’s Restaurant at the Oceanfront Hilton Resort (10 min walk).
• Shop ‘til you drop at the Carlsbad Premium Outlet Stores (5 min drive) or enjoy the flowers at the famous Carlsbad Flower Fields in bloom between March and May (5 min drive).
• Play at the Poinsettia Park – baseball, playground, basketball, tennis, soccer, jogging trail (5 min drive) or work out at a nearby 24 Hour Fitness.
• Learn more about the ocean at the Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography (30 mins drive) or about space at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center & Space Theater (in Balboa Park; 40 min drive).
• Watch the sea lions at La Jolla Cove (30 mins) or catch the hang-gliders at Torrey Pines State Reserve (30 mins drive).
• Put your money down on a favorite horse at the Del Mar Racetrack where Thoroughbreds race July-Sept and Oct-Nov.
Year Purchased: 2015
About: We live in Carlsbad with our three children. When we moved here from the east coast five years ago, we felt that we had arrived in paradise. We are very active family and we spend a lot of time at the beach and enjoying the many local activities. This home was purchased by my parents as their winter home so they could enjoy time with their granddaughters as well as the beach weather and lifestyle. We are proud of this home and look forward to sharing it with you.
Why Carlsbad, CA, USA:
This house is so beautiful with so many wonderful luxury details. Its clean, professionally designed, and furnished with both style and your comfort in mind. Uniquely, it has a full basement with lots of room for indoor play. In addition to its spacious private areas, it has both a family and a living room, a theater room, a separate office and two outdoor patios. We've taken extra steps to reduce allergens with bamboo floors throughout the main level and both mattresses and pillows being encased for cleanliness. The home is located in a quiet neighborhood close to the beach and near to many activities.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Whether you are planning a family vacation or a get away with your favorite friends, experiencing the time together in this beautiful house creates the foundation for making memories that will last a lifetime. There is space to be together, space to be in smaller groups, and, if desired, space to be apart. Thank you for considering our house for your vacation. We will hope to see you in Carlsbad soon!
- Primary: +1 3035180674
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Inviting you to an Endless Summer home!
Stunning Chefs kitchen
Dining room has seating for 8+
Private outdoor shower with hot and cool water
Master bath, 2-person jetted tub, glass shower, 2 sinks, and bidet.
The Mint Room.
The Wave Room
Kids corner: crafts, games, toys, books, and puzzles for all ages.
Theater room with 60" HD TV.
Back yard. Wood burning fire pit. Perfect for making s'mores!
Wireless sound system featuring Sonos speakers.
Stunning, custom made, gas burning, fire pit on the front patio.
Back patio. Table seating for 12+.
Luxurious, serene master suite with Cal King bed
Second floor hallway and landing.
The California Bear Room
Downstairs Bunk room: 4 twin beds & adjacent full bath.
The game room!
Private office with doors to front patiio.
Garage with full size washer and dryer and Lots of beach goodies to enjoy
4 minute walk to beautiful North Ponto beach with nearby bathroom.
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to manager
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.