- english, french, spanish, portuguese
About Surfgasm team
In 2009, Tin a 20-year-old Erasmus student fell under the spell of the sunniest capital of Europe. His passion for surfing led him to a new life full of adventures and excitement... By surfing on daily basis Tin gathered a lot of technical and practical knowledge to the point of becoming a surf instructor. In 2012 he has had a severe injury falling in a 2-meter barrel that ended up breaking his neck. The eight-month path to recovery led him to reshape his vision of life: “follow your bliss and share the love of hosting people from around the world”. To welcome friends and family, Tin upgraded an old room to a charming bedroom. With this will of transmitting his love for life and Lisbon, it became obvious to welcome travellers that had the same philosophy at heart. The best memories are the shared one; organizing tours, surf class and parties planted the seeds of Surfgasm! Later helped by friends, hardworkers and passionate people, the little room became two little rooms, that became four and so on until now. The establishment of the company in 2016 and our organic growth make us believe in what we do. We are a multicultural team dedicated to give you the best environment to share our bliss, whether you stay, surf or relax with us. We will always provide you the best tips to give you an unique journey in Portugal’s capital and so much more... Welcome in our humble apartment.
Why Surfgasm team chose Costa da Caparica
Only 30 min away from the center of Lisbon by car and 10 minutes biking from the boat going to Lisbon (Belem district), our surf camp is the ideal mix between nature, city and surf. Surfgasm Surfcamp is located in Costa da Caparica, Praia Sao Joao, the most consistent zone for Lisbon’s surfers. We choose to build our Surfgasm surf camp in order to have 30km of options to choose the wave that fits you: between the entrance of the river Tejo, jetties giving you a perfect wave and unlimited beach breaks with stable sandbars, you will have too many choices!
What makes this Guest House unique
- 10 min from the beach - 20 min away from the city centre of Lisbon - cosy and new brand surf camp - surf class, tours, rent a bike, a lot of activities
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Our surf camp is only 30 min away from the center of Lisbon by car and 10 minutes biking from the boat going to Lisbon (Belem district). We recommend you to either take a taxi or come by car as it’s easier and faster with your luggage.
The bus stop is about 15-20 minutes walking distance from the house (or you can also take a local bus or taxi to get here). The buses go often so getting to Lisbon and back is not a problem at all. Depending on the traffic and again - in which stop you want to hop off - it takes 20 minutes to even an hour.
Airport - Surf camp:
- By car: around 40 min and 50€ with Uber, Taxi, Taxify, Mytaxi...
- By bus it’s around 6€ & 1h30:
1) Go till Areiro/Roma metro station (green line), catch the bus 161 till Costa da Caparica (PSP). Our surf camp is 1,5km away.
2) Go till Praça Espanha metro station (blue line), catch the bus 153 till Costa da Caparica (PSP). Our surf camp is 1,5km away.
City center Lisbon - Surf camp:
- By car: 30min and around 30€ with Uber, Taxi, Taxify, Mytaxi...
- By bus (around 5€):
1) Bus 161 till Costa da Caparica (PSP). Our surf camp is 1,5km away.
2) Bus 153 till Costa da Caparica (PSP). Our surf camp is 1,5km away.
- By boat:
1) Cais do Sodré - Cacilhas 15min / 1,25€, bus 135-124-129 20 min / 3€
2) Belém - Trafaria 20min. Our surf camp is 2,5km away.