Amongst spires of pine, The Fernwood Folly settles into forested hills in Tahoe Donner. This luxurious vacation rental is quintessential “mountain modern”. It features environmentally friendly materials and technology such as corten, ledgstone, redwood and cement fiber panels. Modern sensibilities and the clean lines of a more contemporary design are often labeled as cold and impersonal, but the homeowner's furnishings definitely round out the space in a warm and comfortable spirit.
With only bears as occasional gawkers, privacy is not so much of a concern. What is, are the views. Floor to ceiling windows bring the outdoors in, so you can enjoy the open space from the comfort of the gourmet kitchen, living room, or master bedroom suite.
But why stay inside, when there is plenty to welcome you out? A full outdoor living room and dining area is situated to take full advantage of the forested setting and on the second floor deck, a hot tub awaits to enjoy a cool evening soak.
• Over 3100 Square Feet
• Private Hot Tub on Second Floor Deck
• Well-traveled Dogs Welcome (Fee applies)
• Mobility Friendly
• Wood Fireplace
• Access to Tahoe Donner amenities (See Details Below)
• Gourmet Kitchen
• Dedicated Office Space
• Publications: Tahoe Quarterly “2010 Mountain Home Design Award”, Mountain Living Magazine “Green up from the Ground”
Master BR 1 - Eastern King (Main Floor)
Jr Master BR 2- Cal King (2nd Floor)
BR 3 - Full Bed (2nd Floor)
BR 4 - King Bed (2nd Floor)
ABOUT THE AREA
Tahoe Donner is one of America's largest homeowner's associations, with nearly 6,500 properties and 25,000 members enjoying over 7,000 acres in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
In the winter, enjoy on site access to cross country and downhill skiing, and a snow play area which is a favorite among our younger visitors. In the summer, take advantage of the championship golf course and clubhouse, or bring the family to one of the private swimming pool complexes. You'll also have access to a private beach club at Donner Lake, where you can avoid the crowds and spend a day paddle boarding, kayaking, or sunbathing on provided chaise lounges.
Dining options within the community include The Lodge Restaurant and Pub, winner of the 2015 Open Table Diners' Choice Award, and Pizza on the Hill, a casual spot perfect for the whole family.
Compared to other North Shore Tahoe locations, staying in Tahoe Donner cuts the drive from the bay area down by close to 45 minutes, so you'll be enjoying the first cocktail of your vacation while others are still stuck in traffic. Tahoe Donner is minutes away from Historic Downtown Truckee, about 12 miles from Northstar California, and 16 miles from Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows.
Included with your rental are two guest cards providing access to the amenities available in Tahoe Donner. Each guest card allows access for up to four guests over the age of 7. Guest access fees are currently $8 per person per day. Children under 7 are free.
TAHOE DONNER AMENITIES INCLUDE:
• Rec center with work-out facility
• Swimming Pools and hot tub
• Fitness classes
• Downhill ski area (great for kids!)
• Cross country ski area
• Equestrian center
• Tennis center
• 18-hole golf and driving range
• Hiking, and so much more!
To learn more about the community, click the HOA Link Below.
POLICIES & DISCLOSURES:
1. Tahoe Donner Rec Center limits guest usage to 8 people over the age of six.
2. This property sits at a relatively high elevation in Tahoe Donner. While access to the driveway is flat, 4WD is always recommended during the winter months.
3. All images of Tahoe Donner amenities provide courtesy of Tahoe Donner.
* All of our homes feature a full kitchen, washer and dryer, outdoor grill, and wireless internet (any exceptions will be noted above).
Truckee Town ID # 62-24