O·cean Beach [ōSHən bēCH] noun
San Diego's final bastion of the 1960's beach town
A bit of NYC at the beach in SD, JFK would approve ; )
A beautiful place to escape the trials of life, whether you're from inland San Diego/LA/OC, on the other side of the country, or across the world. Our bungalow is steps from everything OB has to offer: main beach, the famous pier, the dog beach, bars, restaurants, city bike rentals, surf shops and other shops on Newport Avenue. Come live the Oh Bee lifestyle : )
Walk out the front door, down the alleyway, and within 25 yards you're on the main beach! If you're in the mood for a social beach day - then walk one step forward and you're in the sand - congrats you made it! (Another couple yards to the dog beach!)
If you're looking for something more laid back i.e. picturesque cliffs, restaurants, bars, shops, great people, and everything else Ocean Beach has to offer then just walk around your neighboring streets - cheers, you've arrived!
***UPDATE: We now offer pet-sitting in our nearby OB home! If you come with your pets but still want to take in some of the local culture where pets may not be allowed, include some details about your furry friends and the dates you may need and we will try to accommodate!***
You'll have full run of the bungalow and backyard area - great for pups to stretch and do their business - just kindly pick up after them : ) If you're going out for dinner or drinks while in the area, we highly recommend walking, renting city bikes, or using Lyft - we can hook you up with a code to use if you're not familiar with it :)
We live nearby if you need anything... and we're avid texters so stay in touch : )
Things of note
1. There is a large, queen bed air mattress - you will need to push the kitchen tables and chairs into the kitchen in order to have enough floor space to set it up at night. This will limit access to kitchen and dining area but provides a comfortable bed vs. smaller less comfortable mattresses or cots. (BEWARE OF SCRAPING THE WALLS PLEASE)
2. This is a close quarters duplex near the beach so noise can travel easily, be courteous and nicely ask for the same from the neighbors if necessary - everyone is pleasant as per the SD attitude : )
3. NO CABLE, only internet enabled TV streaming
4. All of Ocean Beach is in the flight path of the airport's take-off routine. It is not terribly loud but it is noticeable. The official curfew is 11:30pm - 6:30am but Jet Blue, United, and Delta occasionally break the curfew : / (Fly Southwest next time and keep OB quieter : )
5.The back patio and side yard are scheduled to be improved over the coming weeks, they are mostly empty at this time.
6. There is an outdoor camera that sees the patio and front door, this is part of our security system for your safety. No other surveillance onsite.
There is a convenience store, laundromat, gas station, bar, burger joint, 2 higher end restaurants, great breakfast spot, coffee shop, and liquor store all within a 5 minute walk of your front steps - need anything else? Just ask : )
1 dedicated parking spot out front and there is street parking available on nearby streets W. Point Loma Blvd, Muir Ave, and Voltaire Ave nearby bus stop for public transit, or city bikes for rent across the street!
Essentials (towels, soap, shampoo, sheets, TP)
Hi Speed Wifi
Roku HDTV (No cable)
Stream Netflix, Hulu etc
24 Hour Check-in
1 on-site parking spot
Nearby Public transport
Nearby City Bike Rentals
Use the boogie board when you go to the beach also referrals available for discounted rentals: Standup paddle boards (SUP), surf boards, boogie boards, add'l beach cruisers, and snorkel/scuba gear
Free/Heavily discounted Taxi Service via Uber or Lyft code
- Please NO parties or loud noise after 10pm
- Please no smoking inside but you can easily step outside (pick up your butts please)
- House trained, light shedding, quiet and well behaved pets (non-chewers) are welcomed for shorter stays BUT they must stay with you when you leave, you cannot leave them behind for the day! (disoriented pets are loud pets) Unfortunately, no pitbulls, chows, or dobermans (owner is not insured for these breeds, sorry guys)