*Note there is another cottage rental (Raspberry) 50 yards away that shares a rowboat & floating dock*
Surround yourself with the sweet smell of wildflowers as you stay at 'Blueberry Cottage,' a 2-bed, 1-bath vacation rental home that sleeps 5 in Waldoboro. Nestled in a meadow, this spot is perfect for those looking for rest, relaxation, and a bit of fresh air. Spend your days on Back River Cove or enjoy it all from the cozy abode. This cottage will soon be the main reason why you love Maine!
Master Bedroom: Full Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds | Living Room: Pullout Bed
A bright blue door sets the theme for the name 'Blueberry Cottage' - your sweet retreat brimming with charm. This coastal home is classically Maine, with comfortable furnishings and updated amenities to make you feel right at home.
Outdoor enthusiasts will love the secluded location of this home. Spend days hiking through the meadows or biking quiet peninsula roads, while others enjoy the provided rowboat, found just steps away on the floating dock. Bring your own kayak and explore some of Maine's most scenic and protected coastal water. When the tide is up, wade in and have a refreshing cool water swim.
If you happen to get a chilly evening, the gas parlor stove will warm things up, or go back in time and pop a VHS into the TV equipped with a VCR to enjoy a timeless classic or Disney movie.
Refuel fellow adventurers with a hearty home-cooked meal each evening. The kitchen is well-equipped to assist with clam bakes and lobster rolls alike. When you're ready to dine, bring dinner outside for an at-home picnic on the deck.
End the night with stargazing, storytelling, and a bottle of red - best enjoyed from the Adirondack chairs. When you're ready to retire for the night, retreat to either the full bed in the master or one of the 2 twin beds in the second bedroom.
'Blueberry Cottage' is an ideal retreat to experience the great outdoors. Pick blueberries from the meadow in late July, bring the mountain bike along to ride the trails, or head out to Back River Cove to cruise the water by canoe or kayak.
Midcoast Maine boasts beaches, boutiques, galleries, music and plenty of places to eat! Spend the day sunbathing at Pemaquid Beach (Bristol), Drift Inn Beach or Birch Point Beach (toward Port Clyde) or nearby Martins Point Beach in Friendship before diving into some delectable Maine cuisine! Be sure to stop by the closest "watering hole" in Waldoboro Village, The Narrows Tavern, The Odd Alewives Farm Brewery (new this year) or the famous Moody's Diner (since 1927). In the Rockland area there's McLoons Lobster Shack in Spruce Head, Café Miranda or the Rockland Café. In the Boothbay area try the Chowder House Boat Bar or the Boothbay Craft Brewery and Tavern. On the Pemaquid Peninsula in Damariscotta there's King Eider's Pub, Schooner's Landing or Newcastle Publick House. Go toward the Pemaquid Lighthouse State Park (not to be missed) to the Anchor and Muscungus Bay Lobster (BYOB) in Round Pond or Shaw's in New Harbor. All are within 30 miles of the property!
If you're a museum fanatic, you'll love Owls Head Transportation Museum, the Farnsworth Art Museum, the Center For Maine Contemporary Art and perhaps the Coastal Children's Museum in the Rockland vicinity, the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens (Boothbay) and the Maine Maritime Museum (Bath). Those who prefer a shopping spree will find stores abound in Damariscotta, home of Reny's ("A Maine Adventure"), as well as Boothbay Harbor, Rockland, and Camden. Go a little further to outlet shopping in Freeport where the L.L. Bean signature store is open 365 days/year 24/7!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, a TV (no reception) with VCR, propane parlor stove, large deck with picnic table, floating dock and rowboat shared with our other cottage (PFD's and float cushions provided), ample parking, and much more!
- Incredible Waldoboro location - Surrounded by wildflowers on the edge of Back River Cove, with Midcoast Maine cities no more than 30 miles away!
- If you're traveling with more than 5 guests, check the availability of the additional 2-bedroom vacation rental on the property (listing #410007 on the Evolve website)
- A discount is available when renting both properties together, please inquire with Evolve for more information about the discount
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Portland International Jetport - 1001 Westbrook St, Portland, ME 04102, (~ 73.1 miles away)
- No smoking
- No outdoor fires
- No diving from the floating dock
- Please note that use of the rowboat and supplied PFD's, cushions, oars and swimming from the shoreline or float is at your own risk
- Pet friendly with $50 per stay fee
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- These cottages are seasonal, and closed from mid-October to mid-May
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in