Truly get away from it all at this exclusive remote waterfront lodge just minutes from the bay of Seldovia Harbor! This vacation rental cabin for 7 features a loft, 1 bathroom, a wood-burning stove, private beach, and a covered deck with stunning waterfront views. Book guided tours and excursions with the owners, or experience 'The Last Frontier' by yourself. Instead of paying thousands of dollars per night for a fully-guided trip, pick and choose what you'd like to experience during your stay!
Loft: Queen Bed, Twin Bed | Living Room: 2 Twin Pullout Beds | Additional Sleeping: Air Mattress
You'll know you're on a one-of-a-kind Alaskan adventure as soon as you hop aboard the private skiff on your way to the secluded property! Feel the fresh sea breeze blow through your hair as you cross the Seldovia Bay. Though this property is located in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness, the owners provide 24/7 on-demand services and help with booking guided tours!
The rustic decor and exposed wood beams inside this 1,040-square-foot timber frame cabin further add to your quintessential getaway in 'The Last Frontier.' You'll be totally off the grid and eco-friendly during your stay at the cabin; this home is solar powered for charging batteries and offers 110-watt LED bulbs!
Though the abode has a rustic feel, it offers all of the comforts of home and beautiful Italian ceramic floors that provide a touch of elegance.
As you relax on the plush leather furniture in the living room, admire the views of the bay and mountains through the massive picture windows! On cooler evenings, toss a log in the wood-burning stove to get the chill out of the air. Pack a few books in your suitcase and get lost in a novel during this downtime.
Step through the sliding glass doors in the living room out onto the covered deck. Morning, noon, or night, the deck will be your favorite place to spend your time. After a day of hiking or kayaking, relax on the covered deck; watching for bears and eagles as you witness breathtaking Alaskan sunsets over the Seldovia Bay.
If you're lucky enough to reel in any fresh fish during the day, cook them up on the gas grill or in the fully equipped kitchen! The kitchen has plenty of counter space and all of the appliances you need to make your favorite recipes from the comfort of your home-away-from-home.
Once the sun sets, head upstairs to the loft with a dormer, or stay in the living room for a peaceful night's rest. The loft offers a queen bed and a twin bed, and you'll find a set of twin-sized pullout beds in the living room. Two other guests in your travel group can sleep on the provided air mattress.
Another unique feature of the cabin that you won't find elsewhere is the indoor compost toilet that saves you from those late-night trips to the outhouse.
Located on a private beach and surrounded by dense forest, this cabin is the ideal place to leave all of your worries behind. Take a short walk to the waterfall on the property to meditate and forget about all of your modern stresses.
Anglers won't have to go very far to reel in some fish - walk a few steps down to the private beach and cast a line. For more fishing adventures, book a fishing charter to reel in massive silver salmon or halibut. A previous traveler caught an 86-pound halibut just 5 minutes from the property!
Rent the kayak for a day out on the bay! You don't have to be an experienced sailor to enjoy a day out on the open water witnessing the beautiful mountain views.
If you prefer land to water, take a guided hike to experience Alaska like a native! During your treks through the wilderness, you're sure to see an abundance of unique flora and fauna that you won't find in the Lower 48! See the area on 2 wheels by renting a mountain bike for the day. Put your helmet on for a ride you won't forget anytime soon.
Experience wildlife like never before during your Alaskan expedition. See wales on a boat tour or book a flight tour on Smokey Bay Air and Central Charters to view brown bears from high up in the sky! Your flight tour can also take you above the glaciers for sights you won’t find elsewhere.
Whatever tours you want to take or sights you want to see during your time in Seldovia; the owners can help coordinate it! The homeowner, Scott, will put you in direct contact with service providers in the area. You'll save hundreds of dollars staying at this lodge compared to full-service lodges in Seldovia and the surrounding area.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, complimentary skiff to the property, private beach, wood-burning stove (wood provided), deck with patio furniture and ocean views, in-unit laundry machines, hot and cold running water, towels and linens, and much more!
- 24-hour on-demand services available from the homeowner!
- A kayak is available to rent for a $40 per day fee
- Private Seldovia location that's only accessible by boat! Stay on the property and admire your surroundings or book numerous guided tours for one-of-a-kind experiences
- Nearest Commercial Airports: Seldovia Airport - Dungeness St, Seldovia, AK 99663 | Homer Airport - 3720 Faa St # 110, Homer, AK 99603
- Smokey Bay Air and Central Charters for views of glaciers and whales while you travel
- Seldovia Bay Ferry for fast service from Homer to Seldovia
On-Site Event Information:
- This property's secluded location on a private beach makes it perfect for your wedding or small event!
- The owners can help coordinate vendors for your event!
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Weddings and other smaller events are considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Please note this property is only open May 1 through September 15
- Please note the property is not suitable for the elderly
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in