Boathouse converted into a private and modern retreat on the Bagaduce, with a shared deep water dock. This summer (2018), we added wifi.
Upstairs, enter a spacious great room with a wall of windows overlooking the water. Warm your toes in front of the wood stove, relaxing in the two midcentury modern chairs, the leather chaise or futon. Enjoy a meal at the adjacent dining table, which comfortably seats 6-8 people. The kitchen is fully outfitted with an oven, refrigerator, gas stove, dishwasher and microwave.
Climb a set of ship stairs to access the queen bed in the full-height loft and wake to amazing sunrise views of the water!
The ground floor features two bedrooms (one with a queen bed, the other with a pair of twin beds), a cozy family room, full bath, and laundry room. All beds are outfitted with high thread count sheets, down comforters and cotton quilts.
The front patio overlooks the Bagaduce River towards Castine. Meander down the hill through lupines to reach the rocky shore and deep water dock.
Things to do:
- Rent canoes or kayaks and paddle from the dock to see the seals.
- Take a 5 minute boat ride to dine at the James Beard award winner Bagaduce Lunch
- Cycle thru beautiful country roads
- Pick raspberries (July) and blackberries (August) on the property
- Take sailing lessons at one of the local yacht clubs which are open to non-members