Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
Coconut Palm Cottage has been lovingly maintained by one owner for years. The lovely tropical foliage and well maintained yard attests to the care and love lavished on this little cottage. Now it is available for YOUR family vacation.
Lush tropical foliage!
The home is surrounded by frangipani, bird of paradise, orchids, coconut palms, even avocado trees! You truly get a taste of the tropics in this cottage!
Lots of privacy!
Set back from the road, with a sunporch in front, the house insulates you from golf carts passing by. The house is surrounded by lush tropical foliage to offer even more privacy. The home is peaceful and quiet and surprisingly large.
Halfway between the bay and the beach, the house is just a short walk to the bay for fishing or to the beach for swimming. The home is near the south end of the island, just north of Hideaway Bay Beach Club, on Coconut Palm Lane.
Outdoor living area! In addition to the glass-enclosed sun porch upstairs, there is also a large outdoor deck all the way around the house with seating -- and the entire downstairs is screened for additional entertainment area. Downstairs a hammock, porch swing, sofa and chairs offer a comfortable spot to relax in the shade. The full-size washer and dryer are also located downstairs.
The home has two bedrooms and one bath and sleeps four. There are four twins with the ability to convert the twins to a king. (One bedroom is made up as a king but can be converted back to twins if requested.)
Guests also have access to a dock slip if you wish to rent a boat or bring your own. Your rental also includes the services of our concierge who can meet you at the dock and help transport luggage and groceries to the house for you. Beach chairs and an umbrella are also provided for your convenience and the home has a charcoal grill downstairs.
LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a charcoal grill; please bring charcoal and lighter fluid with you.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive and there is a $100 pet fee per pet.
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient option...and it seems to work a bit faster. We can provide instructions on hot spotting if you are not familiar. If you do not have a smartphone, we provide a free Verizon jetpack BUT you have to purchase data AND YOU MUST REQUEST IT IN ADVANCE. You can either bring a Verizon card with you OR we can sell you one when we bring over the jetpack. You can buy as much data as you need, but it IS expensive....so we urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for entertainment...no streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. and most people use about 2G of data per week which is $35. 5G is $60 and 10G is $100. (It is sort of like a cruise where you have to pay for the minutes you are on-line.) You just need to let us know in advance so we can make sure we have a fully charged jetpack available for you. If you bring a Verizon card with you, we can show you how to add the data. Or, we can pre-add data prior to your arrival but you have to let us know how much you think you will need. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland, and anything that uses up a lot of data will increase your costs. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to unlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25 years of age. We apologize, but we can NOT rent to college groups as a courtesy to the homeowners and our island neighbors. Guests will be evicted if found not to meet age requirements upon check in. Additionally, we can not exceed capacity in island homes due to the fragile septic systems.