100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Great cabin! Excellent location!
Beautiful cabin! Great location, centrally located for easy access to all activities and restaurants! Loved our stay!
Excellent Cabin, Minor Drawbacks
This is one of the best cabin layouts we've experienced in Broken Bow, and it certainly has loads of amenities we usually find ourselves choosing between with other cabins. Roses have thorns though, and this place was no exception. In spite of the AC reading a setting of 70 upon arrival, the inside temp was 76; it took us hours to resolve this, and we're still unsure as to how we did. Though we kept it at 70, the temp was constantly dropping to 67. The couches on the back patio had missing supports, and the seat sunk to the ground in most places as a result. Half of the ping pong table was broken, causing it to noticably lean sideways. The game house smelled heavily of paint/varnish. The main area of the cabin had an intense echo, causing any music played or conversations had to get muddy with ease. There was poison ivy growing up certain trees, and in close proximity to the outdoor entertainment areas. One of the horseshoes caused cuts on players' hands. The grill was very dirty. Certain cleaning products were left out (without caps too). The volleyball area could use some upkeep, as grass is growing into it, and it's a muddy walk to the court. There are blinds on almost no windows; including all windows facing the other cabins/road, and in the restroom of the game house. Some of the bedroom doors wouldn't close without being pulled up on. Still, you'll find many of these issues in other cabins in the area, and they did little to stop our enjoyment of the space/surroundings. We were pleased to find that the kitchen was stocked with utensils; literally the only time we've ever been able to find EVERYTHING we needed in a cabin. The beds were surprisingly quiet, which meant the toddler with us wasn't constantly being woken up by people climbing in and out of bed. The rooms were all about the same size, including the master; a nice change of pace, since we tend to cut costs equally. I'd gladly revisit this cabin, pricey though it most certainly is. There's room for improvement, but the majority of needed improvements wouldn't be difficult to see to. Here's hoping this review meets with an even better experience for you and yours.
Thank you for your review. Responses and updates for our future guests:
1. The AC was checked in May and he found the units to be working properly. In the cabin we include a troubleshooting guide and kit that specifically states to contact us immediately to report any electrical and HVAC issues so we can have it immediately repaired by a professional to avoid further damage and to make sure unit works properly for the next guests. We will be having HVAC rechecked to ensure it works accordingly.
2. There is brand new back and front patio furniture that was replaced the first week of June.
3. We added an air hockey table in May and did an inventory check which did not reveal the ping pong table being broken. We are having maintenance check and will have it removed if that is the case.
4. We have regular mowing and spraying of the property done but with the excessive and continuous rain in April and May we have had to have it done 3 times the amount as usual. This high rainy season has cause circumstances that are not typical like rampant overgrowth and muddiness.
4. The grill is cleaned after every guests, however, we still replace them every year because of the daily use. Big Chill grill is a built in so we had to order the internal parts which are then being replaced at the end of June.
5. We purchase metal horseshoes to avoid such issues, however, we are having maintenance checking each one in case it needs to be replaced.
6. Unfortunately, we can not control the occurrence of an echo in an open concept floor plan
7. Like all wooden doors they expand and contract during weather changes, which can make them a little more difficult to close then usual, but not scraping the floor.
8. Cleaning supplies are left as a courtesy for the guests in case they need it. Cleaning supplies left with absolutely no caps would certainly be unexpected.
9. There are purposely no blinds on the front windows because of the open high ceiling architectural design of the cabin, as seen in the pictures. There are blinds where privacy is needed including all the bedrooms.
10. The smell in the game room is the result of the varnish put on the cabin when it was built.
11. The price of our cabin is intentionally a little below others for the age and size of the cabin, lot acreage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, location of the cabin, and amenities offered.
Such a beautiful spacious cabin! We enjoyed all this cabin had to offer for our family. The game room, hot tub and outdoor kitchen were all an added bonus! The cabin was clean and inviting!
Thank you for your kind review!
This was such a beautiful area! Very nice accommodations.....we really enjoyed everything but especially the rocking chairs on the porch!!! We hope to return for future vacations!!!
Thank you for the wonderful review!
Was perfect for all the kids and adults! Game room was so much fun, the atmosphere outside was beautiful!
Thank you for the wonderful review!
THE BIG CHILL
We loved it!!! I the only issues we had is not enough cooking ware. Otherwise it was a wonderful experience and I would rent again.
Thank you for your kind review. I personally did an inventory check in March and the cabin was stocked with 2 sets of 18 piece cookware, including 2 crockpots. I will have housekeeping do another inventory check to make sure there are no missing items and that all cookware is located in the same cabinet.