Lovely Rossio Views, Free Wifi
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-5 nights
- Property type:Apartment
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Offering views of the Sao Jorge castle, across the shining Tejo River and over the Rossio, this sunny one-bedroom holiday apartment welcomes you to Lisbon.
Tucked out of sight of modern Lisbon, Casa Santana is a three minute walk from the Rossio, Lisbon's main plaza, and the favored reference point for exploring Lisbon. From Casa Santana, you are just minutes from some of Lisbon's most famous sites and restaurants in Lisbon... and yet delightfully hidden away on a quiet residential street.
Located on the second floor of a recently restored 19th century building, the open floor plan works equally well for families or adults traveling together. Every room has charming views over Lisbon's tiled roofs.
On-site inspection and approval from SAWDAY’S 'Special Places to Stay'
We also offer:
* LUXURY LINENS: 400+ threadcount sheets; soft, fluffy towels;
* ORIENTATION TOUR: from the local grocer to a quick visit to the Rossio/Baixa, this introduction quickly became a guest favorite;
* WELCOME PACK: bottle of Portuguese Vinho Verde, coffee, teas, orange juice, tangy local cheese, fresh fruit and freshly-baked bread;
* METRO/TRAM PASSES: we can have these waiting for you at check-in, just ask;
* PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING: If you wish, we can pick-up a few of your favorite staples. No charge for delivery. Please ask for details;
* LIBRARY: books, games, guidebooks and Portuguese music CDs;
* SPORTS EQUIPMENT: beach towels, sports balls and handy surfing hints;
* FOR KIDS: Books, games and beach toys in each house. Due to its open stairways and mezzanine, Casa Pátria is not suitable for toddlers and young children.
* BABYSITTING: We are happy to help you find qualified sitters who speak a variety of languages. Please ask for details;
* ASK about our 'In-Home Cooking Classes' and 'Private Fado Tours'.
** Please note that the house is located at the top of a small hill and there is no elevator. As such, it is not suitable for people with limited mobility. **
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2003
- On floor 2
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Soft, fluffy towels; Complimentary toiletries provided
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Computer Available
- Pantry Items:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 21 - Jan 7, 2017
5 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $11 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $11 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Travel insurance is strongly reccommended and payments are non-refundable. Please see our Rental Agreement for more details: http://www.visitingportugal.com/rental-agreement
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Car: Not Necessary
Parks, beaches, Torre de Belem with its lovely waterfront park and impressive Mosteiro de Jeronimos, Lisbon's spectacular aquarium--the world's 2nd largest--at the 1998 World Expo site (Parque das Nacoes), 30-minute train ride to Sintra, 2-hour train to Obidos, Please don't hesitate to ask us for itinerary suggestions, CAR, Neither necessary nor recommended, Within Lisbon, the taxis, trams, buses and metro are accessible, inexpensive and easy to use, Regional trains take you to outlying towns, beaches and picturesque fishing villages, (Driving is not a relaxing option, Portugal has the highest roadway accident rate in Europe, )
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: In June 2001, we kissed Seattle good-bye and moved to our family's ancestral Portugal to work with Habitat for Humanity/Portugal. Soon afterward, in an attempt to protect ourselves from the crashing dollar, we diversified into €uro-zone real estate... and we couldn't be more pleased with the result: sharing our love of the Portuguese people and culture with guests from around the world has been a delight. We now have five historically-protected homes in our little medieval neighborhood... right in the middle of town, yet oh-so-quiet and charming! (Just 3 - 8 minutes from Lisbon's main plaza, the Rossio.) Walk everywhere from here; or stay home and relax on your sunny terrace. Many thanks to all our guests for the support and encouragement. We look forward to seeing you again someday soon. Until then, Godspeed.
Why the Owner Chose Baixa (Bairro Alto, Lisboa, Portugal):
Our Lisbon homes are located in an historic area, protected by the Portuguese government because of its unique value; the exteriors look just as they did in the 19th century, with even the paint color regulated to ensure authenticity. Most of the buildings in our Historic Preservation neighborhood were built in the 1500-1800s and all our properties retain their old-world flavor. Nowhere in this neighborhood will you find McVillas with plate-glass windows... instead, prepare to step back in time.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Casa Santana is a charming historic home with a sweeping view. Just 3 minutes from the city center but in a refreshingly quiet neighbourhood, it will be your home away from home during your time in Lisbon.
- Primary: +351 913464517 USA: 12pm EST = 5pm Portugal/GMT
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The exterior of the building
The house is just off the Calçada de Santana, with shops, a grocer & restaurants
The house is just a 5 minute walk from the Rossio, though the medieval alleys.
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Friday, December 02, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.