Comfy & Cute 1 BR + Loft Near Town, Dogs Welcome, by Pool/Spa. Incl. Wifi/Cable(24 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Woodsy, close to town & lake, and China Peak sleeps 4-6, lots of movies/games
There is plenty of room for your family with the queen bed in the bedroom, full futon in the living room and full futon bed in the sleeping loft up the ladder. We provide bed linens and bath, kitchen and beach towels at no extra charge.
Two T.V.'s with cable that includes local channels and cable stations like HGTV and sports are available. We recently upgraded the TV from the model show in the photos to an HDTV with access to Netflix. In the cabinet under the TV you will find a lot of DVD movies for use in the Blu-Ray/DVD player. Also for you entertainment we provided board games, books, pool noodles, and snow sleds and disks.
Our comfortable and cozy condo also has a wood burning fireplace to snuggle up to in the evening. .
WiFi, cable TV and local phone service are available for your convenience.
Member since: 2015
- On floor 1
- 750 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Pets are WELCOME without an additional deposit. Feel free to bring pooch! Our condo is very pet friendly with areas close by to walk your dog. In case of accidents cleaner and rags are available. ...moreless
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- The bedroom has a queen bed with a memory foam topper and a small TV connected to cable for local TV and cable stations. Sheet are either high thread count cotton (summer) or cotton flannel (winter). Sheets and pillows with cases are provided for the full bed in the loft and the full futon in the living room. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
Pool / Spa
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2016
2 night min stay
Dec 23 - Dec 31, 2016
2 night min stay
Jan 1 - Jan 4, 2017
2 night min stay
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Jan 13 - Jan 15, 2017
3 night min stay
Feb 17 - Feb 19, 2017
3 night min stay
May 26 - May 28, 2017
3 night min stay
July 4th weekend
Jun 30 - Jul 4, 2017
4 night min stay
Sep 1 - Sep 4, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
- Cleaning Fee $100
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
So much to do at Shaver Lake!
1. Ken’s Market, 42137 Tollhouse Rd, on the far side of town.
2. Bob’s Market, 41781 Tollhouse Rd, on the right just before the gas station.
1. Mexican food: available inside the gas station store on the corner of Tollhouse and Dorabella on the right. Great burritos.
2. Shaver Lake Pizza: Call to order in advance, 841-7249. This is my kids’ favorite food joint. Well reviewed, limited seating but we usually take out.
3. Hungry Hut: 42005 Tollhouse Rd. 841-3586. Service inside or outside window. Average burgers and good but expensive shakes. We like the chicken wrap Lots of outdoor seating.
4. Shaver Lake Coffee and Deli: 41758 Tollhouse Rd, on the left past the sporting goods store. Seating for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Excellent breakfasts, good sandwiches for eat in or take out, mini mart for drinks, breakfast burritos, donuts, and chunky bread, an ice cream counter. They also rent DVD’s.
1. Trading Post: 41760 Tollhouse Rd. 841-5394, upscale food and nice bar. Call ahead for reservations.
2. Bob’s Blue Sky Café: Next to Bob’s Market. Free Wi-Fi. The coffee shop is open for breakfast and lunch.
3. Shaver Lake Pub and Grub, 41782 Dorabella Rd, behind Shaver Lake Pizza. They have a good variety mostly burgers and sandwiches. Nice bar with sports on TV's.
4. Falls Café: 41830 Tollhouse, next to the Pizza Parlor on the right. Great breakfast and lunch, reasonable prices. Sometimes open for dinner in the summer.
5. Short Horn Bar and Grill: Right behind the gas station on Dorabella, well reviewed for burger, wings, fries, and onion rings.
1. Shaver Lake Sports: 41698 Tollhouse. A very well stocked store for fishing , boating, camping, and bait. Fishing licenses and Snow Park passes here.
2. Some supplies also available at gas station and the markets.
Marinas and boat rentals:
1. Sierra Marina: 841-3324. Located at the far end of the lake, they have lots of boats to rent. We like the 6 man pontoon for fishing. Larger boats available
2. Shaver Lake: 841-5331, at the first day use area, just outside of town as you arrive at the lake. They rent fishing and pontoon boats, wave runners, kayaks, paddle boats, a floating trampoline.
3. Camp Edison Marina: 42696 Tollhouse Rd. The turn in is on the right just outside of town. Entrance fee and charge for dogs plus rental fees. Pontoon boats seem older than those at Sierra.
1. China Peak Ski Resort: located 20 miles north of Shaver Lake, excellent ski/board resort.
2. Rancheria Polaris snowmobile rentals and sales, just past the ski resort entrance at Huntington Lake.
3. Snow Parks: three are located between Shaver and Huntington Lake, two on the left and one on the right. Good sledding and cross country skiing areas. Make sure to purchase a Snow Park Pass before heading up.
1. Day Use area near Shaver Marina: Just past Camp Edison, as you reach the lake, you will see it on the right. Bathrooms available. Beach size varies with the lake level. Good for the kids because of easy access to cars and rental equipment is available here. It is easy to launch kayaks and paddleboards here.
2. Day use areas past the Sierra Marina at the far side of the lake: To reach these areas, enter the Marina parking lot and follow lake shore. There is a pay booth for the Day Use Fee ($5) at the gate. Then drive clockwise around the lake to roads 1 through 4. We like Road 2 because it leads to a nice peninsula with open lake to the right and a nice cove to the left. Park at the top where you will find restrooms, or if you have an all-wheel drive vehicle, drive down the bumpy path to the shore.
3. Camp Edison: They have nice beaches and picnic tables here. Plus supplies and rentals at the marina. Entrance fee plus fee for dogs.
Other areas to visit:
1. Shaver Lake Stables: 841-8500, Located a half mile past Camp Edison on Tollhouse Rd, they offer one hour and two hour rides near the lake.
2. Dinky Creek: Turn right from Tollhouse onto Dinky Creek road. Drive through the campground until the road dead ends and park. Fun little river to fish and play in. To the left, behind the bathrooms you will find a gated road that lead to a hike trail along the river. Good swimming holes and fishing away from the crown. It’s a short hike up around the bend then leave the road and hike toward the river. Easy to find the trail.
3. Huntington Lake: Two marinas, two restaurants, bar, sporting good store. Nice fishing and boating here. It’s a bit cooler and windier at this lake, good for sailing.
4. Florence and Edison Lake: long twisted drive up to these lakes. Turn right after you cross the bridge at Huntington, just past the Ski Resort.
5. Wishon and Courtright Lakes. Turn right on Dinky Creek Road, go 13 miles, then turn right across the bridge. Follow signs. These higher lakes are good for fishing and boating.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Ray and Kathy Mulvey have enjoyed their weekend get-away with their three kids for many years. With skiing/snowboarding nearby at China Peak we made many winter trips to the mountains with our active kids. The spring and summer are our favorite seasons though. We love to hike and kayak here and in the Huntington area, and fish in the many nearby lakes. Our favorite activity is renting a pontoon boat and cruising around Shaver Lake. This is the perfect place to escape the Central Valley heat in the summer and enjoy snow sports in the winter.
Why the Owner Chose Shaver Lake, CA, USA:
Kate's condo is conveniently located off Highway 168 about 5 minutes from the town of Shaver Lake and 1 hour from Fresno. The unit is tucked into the redwoods at the upper circle of Bretz Mills condo complex close to the pool, spa, and sauna. We love dogs and know many people won't go anywhere without Fido so we allow pets with no extra fees or deposits. Also, we do not charge a reservation fee and all linens and beach, bath, and kitchen towels are provided. We want you to have a relaxed and enjoyable visit when you visit the mountains.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
We want you and your family to have a wonderful vacation. We provide snow sleds and disks for winter fun and pool toys for the summer. Our condo comes well stocked with kitchen supplies and an outdoor grill for cooking up all the fish you catch. We also provide many board games, cable TV, and tons of DVD movies for a relaxed evening after a hard day of play. Our quiet end unit is conveniently located just a short distance to the pool, spa, and jacuzzi. And town is just a mile up the road! Located just an hour from Fresno deep in the Sierra forest, Kate's condo is a great place for a complete change of scenery.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
It's lovely covered in snow. We are in the upper circle near the spa/sauna.
Dining for 4 at the table and 2 at the counter.
We now have an 38" HDTV.
We provide 400 thread count sheets in the summer and flannel in the winter.
Community pool and grassy area.
Boys rock jumping at Shaver Lake.
Daughter Bri with pooch Zoe at Rancheria Falls near Huntington.
Daughter sunning at Dinky Creek.
The fairly level walkway is cleared of snow to the entry by the association.
The ladder to the loft can be blocked with a baby gate. We have two available.
Small TV with VCR player and cable in the bedroom.
The spa and sauna remain open all year.
The sauna is available year-round.
Fishing at Indian Pools near Huntington Lake.
Dora Bella cove at Shaver Lake.
Owner Kathy with son Justin at China Peak. View of Huntington Lake in background
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 08, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM