Fall in love with the small city of Ponchatoula when you stay at this vacation rental apartment for 3! The home has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, and is located above the eclectic gift shop, Moss and Berry. Situated in the heart of town, the property, 'Quarters Above the Courtyard,' is just blocks from Memorial Park, where Strawberry Festival is held each year, while big cities like Baton Rouge and New Orleans are a short drive away! This great spot has all you need to have a great Louisiana getaway!
Bedroom: King Bed | Additional Sleeping: Air Mattress
After exploring the charming town of Ponchatoula, arrive back at 'Quarters Above the Courtyard.' Make your way through the New Orleans-style courtyard and up the stairs to this quaint apartment.
Once you step inside, you'll be greeted by a warm and recently renovated interior. Wander down the hallway to the comfortable living room where you'll find a flat-screen cable TV and tasteful antiqued furnishings.
As you grow hungry, head over to the well-equipped kitchenette complete with an electric cooktop and toaster oven. You should be able to concoct something delicious for dinner which you can enjoy at the dining table.
Before you retire to bed, take advantage of warm nights on the large deck. Hang out under the string lights and just relax with your travel companion by your side. Eventually, retreat inside to the king bedroom. Watch a show on the flat-screen cable TV before drifting off to sleep!
Just up the street from this great apartment is Memorial Park where the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival, full of fresh berries, entertainment and fun, is held every spring! Another great festival is the Wooden Boat Festival in Madisonville, just 18 miles away. Each year, the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum pays tribute to the handcrafted wooden boats.
Step just outside your door and you'll have your choice of restaurants, bars, and shops. Make sure to stop in the gift shop, 'Moss and Berry,' located just below the apartment. You'll be able to find eclectic gifts for all your loved ones back home.
Take a day trip to Baton Rouge, just 48 miles away. Explore Antebellum landmarks including the castle-like Old Louisiana State Capitol turned museum and the Magnolia Mound Plantation.
Laissez les bon temps rouler with a day trip to New Orleans, just 50 miles away! Try beignets at Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter, tour Layfette Cemetary No. 1, and wander down Bourbon Street.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchenette complete with a crockpot, coffee maker and coffee, toaster oven, and electric cooktop, free WiFi, central air conditioning and heating, 50-inch flat-screen cable TV in living room, 32-inch flat-screen cable TV in the bedroom, complimentary toiletries, street parking available throughout town, and more
- Perfect Ponchatoula location just a few blocks from Memorial Park, 18 miles from the Wooden Boat Festival in Madisonville, steps from bars, restaurants, and shops, 48 miles Baton Rouge, and 50 miles from New Orleans
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport - 900 Airline Dr, Kenner, LA 70062, (~42 miles away)
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $100 per stay fee (only 2 allowed, 30-pound weight limit)
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that the property is only accessible via stairs and may not be suitable for the mobility impaired
- Please note that the apartment is located above a gift shop
- Please note that 2 people can sleep in the bed, but 1 additional traveler can sleep on the air mattress
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in