- english, spanish
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Do not stay here.
Let me start my saying that I have used all of the home sharing platforms numerous times, in different countries and states. I have never experienced anything like this.
1. Checkin instructions were not provided until after 4 pm. We were down in Anaheim so it wasn’t a big deal to us, but if you are hoping to checkin on time, be sure to message the host the day before.
2. “Private” parking is really a public garage on a different street. You will have to walk around the block to get there. Thinking of offloading your luggage at the place? The entry gate is situated at a curve so there’s no safe place to pull over. A second person is required.
3. There are multiple bars located on this street. The apartment is on the first floor and directly next to a bar. We arrived on a Wednesday night and the bar was hosting a rap concert that went until 2 am. The walls are so thin it sounded like the concert was inside the apartment. It was impossible to sleep.
4. The walls are so thin that you will hear every footstep in the building. There are no elevators so we heard every person entering the building and going to their units.
5. There’s a $200 fine for smoking inside the unit. Despite having the windows closed, we could still smell marijuana smoke, either from the bar or from other units in the building.
6. The hosts were completely unapologetic about our issues. I called HomeAway when it became apparent that we had been duped. They were unable to get a hold of the host. (Sidenote: HomeAway will not force hosts to grant refunds even if they agree with you) When I booked this listing it did not say “not suitable for children.” Despite admitting that the initial property description was inaccurate and children should not be part of the booking party, the host is refusing to refund the remaining nights in our booking. She messaged saying “that is LA and now you know.” My refund request is not unreasonable. I could not force my 1 yr old, 11 yr old, and mother in law stay in that place and environment. I specified that I was traveling with children in my booking request. A responsible host would have declined it knowing that the apartment was not suitable for children. Even if I wasn’t traveling with kids, this apartment would have been tough to stomach period. I can’t imagine what a weekend night is like if a Wednesday night didn’t quiet down until 4 am.
Do yourself a favor and book something else.