Looking for the authentic mountain experience but with the conveniences and amenities of more upscale accommodations? Designed by renowned Florida residential architect Kenneth Miller, Modern Mountain Escape welcomes you with its contemporary art-filled spaces and soaring windows overlooking breathtaking mountain and water vistas. The house is located in a private community within an easy 9.3 mile drive to Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) and even closer to the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE) or Harmon Field Park, and a short 10-minute drive to quaint towns, antique shops, a brewery, and wineries. Walking and hiking trails that begin out of the driveway will lead you to a creek, waterfall, and ponds. With its open concept living plan, this house is the epitome of spacious and comfortable living (no cabin fever here) that melds inspirational interior spaces with the natural landscape and wildlife (deer, wild turkeys, hawks, geese) outdoors.
1. Main floor bedroom w/1 king, walk in closet, screened porch, 50-inch flat screen tv, and bathroom with shower/tub
2. Main floor bedroom w/2 twin beds, walk in closet, screened porch, 50-inch flat screen tv, and bathroom with shower/tub
3. Main floor office/den w/privacy curtain and 2 twin Castro convertible beds (46-inch flat screen tv is in adjacent living room as is a half bath)
4. Upstairs bedroom Master Suite w/1 king, 1 comfy sofa/seating area, 38-inch flat screen tv, a stacking washer/dryer, 2 bathrooms (both w/toilets and one w/walk in shower and the other with a jetted tub)
5. Upstairs bedroom w/2 full beds, 1 loft with twin, 50-inch flat screen tv (in the bedroom- not loft), and 1 bathroom with single sink, toilet, and shower/tub).
The home’s room configurations are also ideal for 2-family accommodations - Sleeps 13 with everyone having a bed (not including 3 non-sleeper sofas). Call owner to discuss if more space is needed as there may be the potential to open another floor (accommodating 6 more) and also the owners have a second house, Southern Comfort.
Other main floor spaces:
• Large commercial-style kitchen w/eat-in dining area for 5 + 3 bar stools;
• 1 regular coffee maker; 1 Keurig coffee maker
• Kitchen porch deck (uncovered) with gas grill and 4-person table/chairs
• Covered screened porch off living room with small table chairs and other seating
• Kitchen equipped with paper towels, dish soap, dishwasher soap, tin foil, baggies etc.
• Dining area has 9 ft. long dining table (seats 8-10)
• Large washer and dryer in laundry area (equipped w/laundry soap, bleach, stain remover, and fabric softener)
• A cozy den area with a 46-inch flat screen tv (mentioned above) and wood-burning fireplace
• Wi-Fi in every room
• Comfy furniture and open spaces for lounging
• All bathrooms are fully equipped with large bottles of shampoo, conditioner, soap, hair dryers, toilet paper and more
• Bathrobes, umbrellas, bug repellant, sunscreen and other guest conveniences available
• Books and magazines:
Many home décor, lifestyle, inspirational books and all types of novels
Lots of board games for guests' use (Things, Monopoly, etc.)
• Satellite / Cable:
Yes, and premium channels
5 flat screen tvs cable, internet, house phone
Even potential guests who were unable to stay due to Modern Mountain Escape being booked had wonderful reviews: “I must take a moment to tell you how absolutely impeccable I find your property!! Just. Wow! Having only looked at the photos I feel as though I just went on a little get away. We will be attending the events at the TIEC this weekend, and although I see you're already booked, I still just had to take a moment to say that your home is one of the most beautiful properties I have ever seen. Hope you have a great day.”