Hale Makolea 11 gives you privacy, tranquility, and world class snorkeling. This lovely garden level two bedroom, two bath condo is in The Makolea, a small condo building just ½ block from Kahalu’u Beach Park, and some of the best (and easiest) snorkeling you’ll ever enjoy. Hale Makolea 11 offers you:
1. A one minute walk to Kahalu’u Beach Park. This gray sand beach has every amenity, from lifeguards to clean restrooms to a Snack Wagon. It has picnic tables, showers, coconut palms and tide pools. It also boasts some of the best snorkeling ever, and all you have to do is walk into the water. Kahalu’u Bay is home to around 20,000 reef fishes, plus sea turtles. And because it’s shallow and very safe, it’s the ideal place to teach kids or novices the pleasures of snorkeling.
2. A two minute walk to excellent surfing and surfing instruction, down at the other end of the Beach Park.
3. A Trolley stop on the corner. Two bucks takes you into Kailua Town for lunch and shopping.
4. Close access to the Keauhou Shopping Center, with a market, a drugstore, movie theaters, a great bookstore, gourmet coffee and excellent restaurants.
5. A three minute drive to Keauhou Bay for dive and snorkeling boat trips to Captain Cook Monument.
6. A ten minute drive to Kona Coffee Plantation country, and a 30 minute drive to the famous snorkeling spot Two Step.
7. A lovely and sparkling pool area, complete with BBQ grill, plus a recreation room with a ping pong table for the kids.
8. A very nice shaded garden view lanai for morning Kona coffee.
9. Two bedrooms and two full baths, making it ideal for both families and one to two couples.
10. A short drive or ½ mile walk to Magic Sands beach for excellent boogie boarding.
11. Close to Da Poke Shack, rated the #1 restaurant on Yelp. We like the Wet Hawaiian Poke, but you should sample them all.
We love the Big Island, and we chose Hale Makolea 11 after years of visiting and doing extensive research. It’s simply the ideal location and setting for enjoying everything the Kailua-Kona area has to offer.