About the property
- Condo760 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
A 2 Bedroom, 2 Full Bath Ground Floor Condo With Privacy And Easy Beach Access!
Hale Makolea 11 gives you privacy, tranquility, and world class snorkeling. This lovely garden level two bedroom, two bath condo is in The Makolea, a small condo building just ½ block from Kahalu’u Beach Park, and some of the best (and easiest) snorkeling you’ll ever enjoy. Hale Makolea 11 offers you:
1. A one minute walk to Kahalu’u Beach Park. This gray sand beach has every amenity, from lifeguards to clean restrooms to a Snack Wagon. It has picnic tables, showers, coconut palms and tide pools. It also boasts some of the best snorkeling ever, and all you have to do is walk into the water. Kahalu’u Bay is home to around 20,000 reef fishes, plus sea turtles. And because it’s shallow and very safe, it’s the ideal place to teach kids or novices the pleasures of snorkeling.
2. A two minute walk to excellent surfing and surfing instruction, down at the other end of the Beach Park.
3. A Trolley stop on the corner. Two bucks takes you into Kailua Town for lunch and shopping.
4. Close access to the Keauhou Shopping Center, with a market, a drugstore, movie theaters, a great bookstore, gourmet coffee and excellent restaurants.
5. A three minute drive to Keauhou Bay for dive and snorkeling boat trips to Captain Cook Monument.
6. A ten minute drive to Kona Coffee Plantation country, and a 30 minute drive to the famous snorkeling spot Two Step.
7. A lovely and sparkling pool area, complete with BBQ grill, plus a recreation room with a ping pong table for the kids.
8. A very nice shaded garden view lanai for morning Kona coffee.
9. Two bedrooms and two full baths, making it ideal for both families and one to two couples.
10. A short drive or ½ mile walk to Magic Sands beach for excellent boogie boarding.
11. Close to Da Poke Shack, rated the #1 restaurant on Yelp. We like the Wet Hawaiian Poke, but you should sample them all.
We love the Big Island, and we chose Hale Makolea 11 after years of visiting and doing extensive research. It’s simply the ideal location and setting for enjoying everything the Kailua-Kona area has to offer.
Jenny and John Schulte
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 20, 2018
About Jenny and John Schulte
We have been visiting the Big Island for eight years, often twice a year. Every time, we were overwhelmed by the views, the incredible ocean life, the genuine aloha spirit, and the diversity of ecosystems. It's truly a remarkable place.
Jenny and John Schulte purchased this Condo in 2015
Why Jenny and John Schulte chose Kahaluu-Keauhou
Hale Makolea 11 is, in our opinion, ideally located for enjoying the Kona Coast. We loved the convenience and splendor of snorkeling in Kahalu'u Bay, and when we realized we could own a unit literally steps from it, we jumped at the chance. The beach park is beautifully maintained and monitored, and the ocean life is incredible, from Hawaiian cleaner wrasse stations to sea turtles. Plus, it's a quiet, lovely area, close to services and the bustle of Kailua Town, but also is peaceful refuge for enjoying bird watching or just contemplation. We're excited to share the wonders of this area with others!
What makes this Condo unique
We like the fact that Hale Makolea 11 is in a small condo building. It's quiet and feels cozy and personal. Because it's a ground floor unit, taking luggage and groceries in is easy, and the unit stays cooler during the hottest part of the day. We also love the garden lanai, which gets plenty of visits from birds and geckos. And then, of course, there's the insanely great access to world class snorkeling. There are very few places on earth where you can stroll 1/2 a block and jump into a safe bay bursting with life, but this condo is one of them. We feel lucky to have found it, and we're delighted to share it with you.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Perfect accommodations perfect location
Beautiful patio for morning coffee and afternoon wine. Compact kitchen has everything we needed. Pool and hot tub. We walked to the beach every morning and enjoyed watching the snorkeling and surfing. Centrally located for Day trips on the island.
Wish we could stay longer!
The condo is as advertised. The location is great......just a stroll across the street for great snorkeling and a short drive to restaurants and activities in town. There is a fair amount of noise if the upstairs condo is occupied; this is typical of the era in which the condos were built and is easily managed by getting outside. :)
Great place to stay in Kona
Great location to explore the island but out of the busyness of downtown Kona. Loved the quiet patio for our meals. Walk to great snorkelling! Only downside was not superb beds but have certainly had worse. Lovely condo, well equipped!! Very quiet at night.
We really enjoyed staying near one of the best snorkeling beaches on the island. The rooms were comfortable and clean and pretty quiet considering how close it is to Alii Drive. Thank you for quickly addressing our concern about the washer. The repairman was there as soon as possible. My children loved being able to walk to the beach early before the crowds. We also had a birthday dinner on the lanai and it was peaceful and convenient. Great place to stay for our last few days in Hawaii. Aloha! Lynne
Beautiful Condo!!!!! Very clean!!!! Perfectly located by a fantastic snorkeling beach!!
Condo is fantastic. Lovely patio. Ample space. A little noise coming from a timer box located in bathroom cabinet—closing door helped. Pool was too cold. Queen bed in master was comfy. Next time I would ask if king in second bedroom could be split bc it was made of two twins (my kids shared, but would have loved their own sleeping space. Kitchen had great amenities for preparing smoothies, cooking meals and extra shelf space for dry goods. Had beach towels, boogie boards, picnic size ice chests, and designated parking space!! Thank you.
Excellent condo; Excellent value
Small quiet facility; beautifully landscaped. Interior was excellent. Really mad our trip pleasant and enjoyable. Highly recommend!!
We are so happy you enjoyed our condo! Mahalo!
This unit is ideally located for the easiest beach going and snorkeling ever. It's literally a one minute walk to Kahalu'u Beach Park, a fully equipped beach area with tables, grills, a covered area, restrooms, and even a Snack Wagon. Plus, it's about a 1/2 mile to Magic Sands, a lovely white sand boogie boarding beach. The town of Kailua, loaded with shops and restaurants, is an easy seven minute drive. Or, you can stay in the lovely quiet of Keauhou and be within minutes of a market, drugstore, movie theaters, restaurants, and more, without the crowds.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
HAWAII TAX ID NUMBER: W70831774-01