About the property
- House2600 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
This historical colonial revival home keeps upto six guests in delightful luxury
Commissioned for the nation's first lady mayor, the Historic Emma Harvat House boasts eclectic elegance with an artistic vibe. Located in prime downtown location, and one block from some of the city's best dining (Devotay, Motley Cow, Pagliai's, John's Grocery and more.)
Guests enjoy a full 12 room Colonial Revival house featuring two floors, three bedrooms, a formal dining room, sunroom, library, and orchestra salon. The home features all original floors, lightning, woodwork and tile with elegant yet comfortable decor.
This is a perfect home for a family vacation, couples getaway or weekend Iowa game stay.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 04, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:30 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Amazing trip to the past
My husband and I stayed three nights for our wedding anniversary, since we had rented an apartment in the northside when we were first married. The house is an historical landmark, and it has a spacious and unique feel to it. Andrea, the owner, has placed interesting antiques and literary objects (many books too!) throughout the house, adding to the atmosphere. Alexa provided music when asked! Nice touch!
The neighborhood is full of restaurants and a few little shops. Vibrant and lit with fairy lights at night.
Andrea was great about checking in via text to make sure we had everything we needed. We couldn't have asked for a better host.
We left feeling renewed and ready to tackle our next writing project.
Great location in Iowa City!
Beautiful old home. We enjoyed a gorgeous fall weekend for the football game. Andrea is a helpful host and responsive.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
We are pleased to offer you a luxurious stay. This is a pet-free, smoke-free home. No illegal substances are allowed. No fires or burning of candles. CANCELLATION POLICY 25% of the cost is due upon booking. The remaining 75% is collected 30 days out. Cancellation policy includes forfeiting of the initial 25%.