Our property in the heart of Ajijic contains two tasteful, two-bedroom homes with a shared central courtyard and pool. The main house is a spacious, two bedroom, 2 bathroom house on two levels looking over the solar-heated pool. With a beautiful view from the top mirador of mountains and lake.
We live in it in the winter and rent it out for the other months.
There is a also a two bedroom, 1 bath house on the property available for rent (#583194: https://www.vrbo.com/583914?unitId=1131231)
The property’s high walled exterior provides privacy and security to relax, unwind and enjoy the internal oasis, with its lovely swimming pool and gardens. You will find many different places to sit, read a book, sip a margarita, bird watch, catch some rays, or enjoy a BBQ. Both houses have their own private roof top terraces in addition to the common areas.
The main house is built on two levels looking over the pool and gardens, with the core living area on the main floor (kitchen, dining room, living room, master bedroom and bathroom) and an office, second large bedroom and large bathroom leading out to a private roof-top terrace. The house is well equipped:
• Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, microwave, coffee maker, knives, pots and pans, etc.
• Open concept dining room off the kitchen, which leads out to a pretty courtyard
• Master bedroom with King size bed walks out onto the pool and gardens
• Pretty bathroom on main floor, with tiled shower, and copper sink vanity. Lots of hot water and pressure
• Upstairs includes an office and large bedroom with Queen bed (matrimonial) looking over the pool, and a new large bathroom that steps out onto a lovely, private roof-top terrace
• Living room includes a 55” flat screen, Smart TV with DVD player
• Land line, Internet (WiFi) and Shaw Direct TV
• Solar-heated 16’ by 10’ beautiful tiled pool
• Outdoor shower by pool
• Linens and towels for four
• Weekly basic maid service (Note: additional visits or services can be requested)
• Gardener and pool maintenance
• Shared washing machine and clothes line (Dryer available for use on rainy days only)
The property is located in a friendly, colourful street, a half block from Lake Chapala and four blocks from the central Plaza in Ajijic from where you can enjoy walking the malecon (boardwalk) directly into town or catch a bus, one block away.
To help make your trip easy, we can arrange to have our property manager pick you up from the Guadalajara airport (same charge as a taxi) and bring you directly to the house. Miguel will have a sign at the airport so you can easily spot him and then he will bring you to the property and show you around your vacation home.
Ajijic is a popular ex-pat destination with many amenities including numerous quality restaurants, bars and theaters, all in close proximity to the property.
Due to demand by North American 'snowbirds' our high season is considered to be October to April, but don't be fooled...... Voted one of the best climates in the world Ajijic boasts an average daily temperature of 25C or 76F year round, and because we are inland we don't get the humidity so typical of the coastal towns. May and June are the hottest months (it can reach 34C or 90F), but the 'rainy season' hits in mid-June, bringing cooling showers (mostly at night) which makes everything lush and the summer days warm and sunny. There are many folks who prefer this time of year to visit - especially those who are trying to get away from hot and humid climates.
If you are new to Ajijic, we can provide you with lots of suggestions about the places to eat, dance, and visit during your stay. We are sure you will enjoy the Ajijic experience as much as we do.