Our Shasta Lakeshore Retreat is a special place for all to enjoy on the BEST lake in California (Filled to near top by memorial day in 2016, 2017 and 2018 always flat water easy to find, 80-90 degrees in summer, 365 miles of shoreline) and located on the most desirable part of the lake (upper Sacramento arm in the wonderful community of Lakehead). The lake house is one of the closest to Sugarloaf Marina. The recently (2012) internally remodeled home (or cabin) features two stories of living space with high wood beam ceilings and large windows looking out onto the lake and mountains: The summer of 2016 and 2017 was booked 100% and based on comments from guests and current bookings we expect the same in 2018. Please book early if interested in our unique place on the lake. As of October 2017, we are about 70% booked for Summer 2018.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths (added 2nd shower), family/media room, kitchen/great room with big window views
- 2 large beautiful Lakeview decks (one brand new) with mature tree shading (upper and lower floor) and even water misters for the warmest days. View of lake, marina, mountains and wildlife from Deck.
- Brand New (July 2017) Air Conditioning System
- Easy RV/Boat Parking, plenty of parking for multiple cars
- Quiet family vacation neighborhood
- Hot tub/spa on deck
- Boat launch is very short drive (less than 1/2 mile)
- Marina has great boat slips for $25 a night (call to book ahead). Great way to enjoy lakefront vacationing. Leave the boat...Walk back and forth.
- Although water does drop like any reservoir, you can always see the lake and marina from decks (no houses in front as we are on the shoreline).
- Two HD flat screen TVs (40" and 50") and DVRs (directTV).
- Internet wifi...
- MicroCell for ATT Cell Phones (need to have owners add you for access)
- TOP FLOOR at driveway level (only small step up from deck) including kitchen, dining area and living area with big windows and great views. This is the main room. Couch in living area is a pull out and sleeps 2. Also master bedroom with queen bed. Bathroom. Largest of two decks with table, chairs, gas firepit and gas BBQ.
- LOWER FLOOR includes a bedroom with a queen bed, another bedroom with two twin beds, full bathroom, family/media room with pull out couch. This room walks out to second deck with spa/hot tub plus views of the lake and property. Note that these stairs are steeper than normal. Need to be careful with elderly/small children.
- Location offers summer temperatures on the deck and around the cabin that are about 10-15 degree less than just up the hill at one of the other rentals because of mature trees/shade and proximity to lake. This is a BIG plus for Shasta in the Summer!
- Air conditioning, ceiling fans, extra fans if needed, heater and wood pellet stove.
- Watch deer and other wildlife every day as you sit on the deck enjoying your coffee in the morning or your drink of choice in the evening.
- Path including steps to edge of Lake (when full)
- Seasonal Rushing Creek through yard into lake
- There are also endless back country roads for ATVs and hunters. We drive our ATVs directly from the cabin down the road to the dirt road.
- Recent upgrades include (Internet, HD TVs, Painted Exterior, New Roof, New Wood Shutters, Blinds and Shades throughout, Enlarged Photos on Canvas of local area throughout the home, upgraded bar stools, 2nd indoor shower and a new deck).
- ADDITIONAL PHOTOS (over 200) can be found on our web site.
Notes: this is a wonderful place but there are a couple things we want to make sure our guests understand:
1. Although Lake Shasta is the best lake for watersports, swimming, fishing and general boating in California, it is a reservoir. The water is let out all year long into the Sacramento river which supplies water to many parts of the state. This combined with low rain fall or drought years can drive the lake level down significantly. This pushes our distance from the lake house to the water out as the level drops. This can be significant. Fortunately even in terrible drought years (like 2015), the house still has a view of the lake (unlike some parts of the lake which dry up entirely). 2016 and 2017 the lake filled to the top.
2. The lower water levels might make the boat ramp several hundred yards further and will make the walk to the marina a little longer. At times the walk can be steep to the marina when water level is very low.
3. The decks are high off the ground. Although they have railings as you would expect, if you have children, you need to watch them all the time outside as a fall from the upper deck would be a serious or life threatening fall. Also the slope behind the house has a trail to the water's edge (when lake full) but it is steep and young children should not go alone.
4. The stairway to the lower floor is steep. If you have elderly staying with you, we do not recommend having them stay on the lower floor. We recommend they stay on the upper floor and use that bedroom.
We also own and rent the home next door which has the same great views but is larger.
Look for VRBO # 926144. It is larger with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. Will sleep 14. If you would like to book both of them for a party of 24 you can do them separately or use VRBO #934760