Surrounded by dirt roads winding through mountains, tall trees and pastoral vignettes, Mountain View VT is a remote and unique venue, perfect for everything from intimate reunions to work retreats to ski trips to large-scale weddings and beyond. The 17-acre property offers:
- An artfully rehabbed, early 20th farmhouse inn with 9 beautiful bedrooms that comfortably sleeps 18 guests
- A wedding / event tent, tables and chairs (spring – fall)
- A private heated pool - Completely renovated with new water heater in 2018 (spring – fall)
- Lounge area surrounding the pool with lounge chairs
- Wood pergola with large matching wood table for outdoor dining, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres
- Fire pit for campfires by the pond
- Reflection pond with ducks, geese & frogs
- A grill
- A picnic table
- Plenty of parking
- Wonderful 360 degree views of the mountains and gorgeous, starry night skies
- Surrounded by dirt roads perfect for jogging, hikes or romantic walks that pass by cow pastures, animal farms, hidden creeks and beautiful barns.
The house is an elegant, early 20th century antique inn that was fully rehabbed in 2012 to maintain it’s old-world charm while providing modern amenities. With many original details preserved (antique hardwood floors, original sink fixtures and textured tin ceilings in the dining room), the house was decorated primarily with New England antiques that all suggest their own rich history. The bedrooms are simple, comfortable and functional – most featuring oriental rugs and original hardwood floors. The house offers:
- 2 large, ground floor master bedrooms with private bathrooms and large windows. The largest has sliding glass doors that lead out toward the pool.
- 4 more large bedrooms found upstairs with hardwood floors, oriental rugs and lots of direct sunlight. These 4 rooms share 2 full bathrooms, found in the large hall steps away from the bedroom doors.
- An additional 3 bedrooms in a second upstairs wing that share 2 full bathrooms as well. These rooms are carpeted and smaller than the rooms in the other upstairs area, but are lovely as well.
- A large, elegant dining room, perfectly suited for special dinners and celebrations. It can accommodate dinners for about 20 guests. It has 2 antique wood dining tables, wood dining chairs, antique china on display, hardwood floors and original antique tin ceilings as well as a lounge area.
- A large, cozy living room with a fireplace, sofas, chairs, blankets, a wood table, a flat screen TV with cable & DVD player, library, decorative typewriters & additional bathroom. It’s an excellent place for a movie night, game night or to cozy up by the fire with a book.
- A very well-stocked kitchen with commercial grade gas range & oven, microwave, large refrigerator & freezer, any kind pan, pot, knife, spatula etc. you’d ever need along with all the basic cooking essentials.
- A foyer between the kitchen and dining room with an 18th century butcher’s table for serving food and drinks, a bar area set up with a coffee maker, tea kettle, teas, honey, sugar etc., a sound system and CD library (with classics like The Beatles & Billie Holiday) plenty of antique china & silverware and a cozy breakfast nook / smaller dining area.
WEDDINGS & EVENTS
Needless to say, it’s a wonderful setting for weddings and other momentous occasions. We offer very competitive pricing and can help coordinate other homes in the area for additional guests. We also allow onsite camping. We offer catering services for smaller-scale weddings and/or an in-house chef to prepare meals for guests staying in the house. Please don’t hesitate to reach out and tell us a bit of what you have in mind and how we can help.
Located between two major Vermont ski / snowboard destination (Killington and Bread Loaf), the house also makes for an excellent location for ski trips. We also offer an in-house chef who can take care of all the shopping and meal prep, so an incredible, hot meal is waiting for you when you rise in the morning, a packed lunch is prepared for when you're out and an amazing dinner is ready to be served when return from the slopes at night.