About the property
- Condo2800 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Condo, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 14
Vacation in luxury while enjoying unbeatable views of the Gulf of Mexico and its white sandy shoreline for Summerchase #PH4. This spacious, penthouse condo offers ample space for up to fourteen people, making it an incredible choice for your next family vacation or getaway with close friends. Enjoy upscale amenities including granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a whirlpool tub in the master bathroom and walk-in showers. You will also have access to free WiFi and a washer and dryer in your accommodations.
Summerchase in Orange Beach features a myriad of exciting resort amenities, such as a beachfront community pool, an indoor pool and a kiddie pool. Take advantage of the hot tub, fitness facility, tennis courts, grills and sauna and steam room during your retreat. Reserve your stay at Summerchase today.
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 9:00 AM
Orange Beach - beyond the view & location
We rented an advertised high end penthouse condo on the beach. And as advertised- the view, the beach, & the convenient location were top notch.
However, for the dollars spent for the week at this condo we were disappointed with the condition of the unit.
Here are examples:
1. The doorknobs to most doors were loose to the point of almost falling off....we tightened them; also the doors were very squeaky and really beat up.
2. The 2nd night while we were asleep the kitchen sink fell into the cupboard below it - fortunately it was repaired the end of the next day after we called the property manager. The first contractor glued the sink back in place but left the kitchen a mess. We cleaned after his departure but then determined the unit had no dustpan. We requested a dust pan and a cleaning crew to come and at least clean the kitchen area. The dust pan arrived but no cleaning crew came. The plumber came next and put everything back together and thankfully he did a very good job of cleaning up the area around the kitchen after he was done working.
3. The cookware, utensils, dishes and glasses were very old and not in the best shape--we made do. I assume each unit should have a list of items--not sure I can say this unit was fully stocked with the correct cookware etc..
4. The property manager left one extra garbage sack and one extra dishwasher packet. We called inquiring as to the location of more supplies--they told us the grocery store as they only provide one days supply. Very surprising for us as we paid a very large sum of money for one weeks stay only to have to run to get Kleenex, garbage bags, dishwashing soap etc... Thankfully the unit did have toilet paper.
5. We ran the wash machine and thought a thunderstorm hit. We spent time adjusting the legs to reduce the noise but that only helped a bit. We couldn't run the unit at night since it was so loud.
6. The outdoor chairs were not in the best shape--yes I get the condo is on the ocean but again for the dollars spent we did have some expectations that everything would be top notch.
I guess the biggest issue for us is the lack of attention by the property manager. I would think someone would inspect the unit and list off items that need to be repaired, replaced and improved. Incredible Penthouse--Yes but not real impressive after you spend a night and look closely!
Thank You for reviewing this rental, we truly value each guest experience. I am sorry that you had a few minor issues during your stay, but I am glad to hear they were fixed/handled in a timely manner. In our Guest Portal that each guest receives 20 days out, we do list what items we suggest each guest to bring and state what items we provide to each rental to get them through the first 24 hours; Trash Bags (2), Paper Towel Roll (1), Toilet Paper (2 per bathroom), 2 Dish Tablets, Palmolive, & 1 Disposable Hand Towel. Again, we do state these are only to get you started and we suggest bringing more supplies. I will be personally checking all the silverware in the unit and cooking utensils to ensure that they are up to correct standards. I do want to thank you again for sharing your concerns that you had during your stay and I want to assure you all issues listed will be addressed and handled immediately.
-Your Southern Team
Amazing VIEWS and SPACE!! Just a head's up on parking...
We stayed here over Thanksgiving week and had 4 families. It was plenty of space!! Gorgeous views and bathrooms for each family. Wonderful!! HOWEVER, you are only allowed two parking passes so plan accordingly. We were told to park other vehicles across the street at Publix, which we did, and had no issues with safety. However, "across the street" is a bit misleading. It is diagonally across the street of a busy intersection and then behind a few other businesses. So it is a good walk to get there, especially for kids and handicap/elderly. The parking lot was empty at the condo so that was frustrating to have to go park far away with "no exceptions" from the HOA there. That is my only complaint. It is time to replace some shower heads and the two recliners could use some recovering love, but nothing that would reflect a bad review... just a courtesy suggestion. Well stocked kitchen!! Huge crockpot, Forman Grill, and 4 slice toaster was great, in addition to plenty of pots and pans. My dad stayed on that balcony and never missed a sunrise or sunset. You can see both from the condo. Just breathtaking!! The Master King suite with sitting room was plenty of room for my cousin's family of 6!! Their young kids slept on the roll away cot and on the floor in sitting area. They loved it and treated it like a fort. The bathroom was HUGE and they actually left the crib in there for the baby. Unreal amount of space! I wouldn't recommend the kids go out on the balcony though. Some slats were bent and when the management came to measure it, we were told it was "up to code based on the 80's" and they were "grandfather claused in" and to just "not let the kids out there". To me, I would want to err on the side of safety and update the rails to be up to code for the present decade. The rental company, Southern Vacation Rentals, was so easy to work with and so friendly and prompt with replies! Will definitely rent other condos from this company!!
Fantastic Condo in the middle of everything!
I stayed in this condo with my family and another family. It has tons of space for two families, including two master bedrooms. Every bedroom has its own bathroom. It is the penthouse and has great views from every window, great decks, it is on the beach and right across the street from restaurants. We will be back!