1450 Square Feet Of Casual Elegance Surrounded By Desert, Golf & Views!
- english, french, spanish
About Thelma Gutierrez
Welcome to Casa de Sueños which translates into House of Dreams. If you sit on the patio at sunrise or sunset, you'll know why we chose the name. The desert landscape and horizon changes colors before your eyes. It comes alive in shades of green, blue, pink, purple and red. It is a wonderful spot to find inspiration and peace, or to simply relax... Of all the places I have traveled to, the Sonoran Desert has my heart. I was born in Tucson and raised near Starr Pass. I am a proud Wildcat, a U of A graduate who now resides in California. It was always my dream to return to Tucson, but until we do, we wanted to have a small piece of the desert to go home to... a cozy Casita we'd like to share with you.
Thelma Gutierrez purchased this Townhome in 2015
Why Thelma Gutierrez chose Starr Pass
This property is special because it is located in the area where I grew up, most of my family lives with a mile or so of Starr Pass. The area is absolutely the best because it is tucked away in the foot hills of the Tucson Mountains, yet it's a quick 10 minute drive to the center of town. It's also quiet and a perfect place for star gazing because of a low light ordinance. Perhaps one of the main reasons for choosing this location, is because it is near to an incredible desert trail named after my cousin and mentor, Lorraine Lee, a tireless civic leader in the community. If you visit Starr Pass you'll know "why this property."
What makes this Townhome unique
We loved the layout - the fact that it's on the end, high on a hill, has exposed beams, rustic doors and saltillo tile. It reminded me of my travels through Mexico, complete with the two-toned painted stucco on the exterior! Mainly, I love the location. All it took was walking out to the patio and immediately, I fell in love with the views. On top of that, we're close to the pool, restaurant, gym and tennis courts. I couldn't imagine a better pace to be!
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
We stayed 6 nights in this Casita, it was perfect. Comfortable and convenient, thanks for a wonderful stay.
Quaint Southwest Touches w Views
Loved the details of your place especially the MX glassware. Will visit again.
We loved this place! Very comfortable and spacious and conveniently located. The on site restaurant is extremely tasty and the resort just up the street is fantastic. Hope we have the opportunity to return soon.
This is a lovely accommodation in a beautiful setting. Thelma is a caring and accessible host.
We did not get much of a chance to enjoy amenities as we were in town for a family wedding. The property is clean, well equipped, nicely de orated and boasts an incredible view. We enjoyed the Pancho Villa story and tequila toast up at the resort at happy hour. Highly recommend!
perfectly located, clean and nicely decorated casita
Our two weeks were perfect weather-wise, after a snowy start. The casita was glorious! It is so nicely decorated and the kitchen and bath are fully furnished with all that one could need. We especially liked the Keurig. And - what a view of the Catalinas awaited us each morning from the patio door! We were very comfortable and so perfectly situated in Starr Pass. Only ten minutes to downtown, lovely areas to walk and hike right nearby, golf and swimming readily available. Restaurants within a few minutes' distance - and even more choices downtown at another 10 minutes
Thank you for your hospitality. We’ll be interested in returning for sure!
Great stay in Tucson
We stayed at the casita for 6 nights and it was great. Thelma was very supportive while reserving the casita and answered all our questions. The casita has all the comforts of home.
While we were in the area, we golfed, hiked and enjoyed several other visitor sites. This is a place we would definitely stay at again, if in the area.
Tucson is a hidden gem for tourism in the southwest. It's 45 minutes from the US Mexico Border, 1 hour to the snow, and near countless landmarks of the old west: Tombstone, Benson and Bisbee. Also try wine tasting around the town of Sonoita. For the latest happenings during your stay, go to Tucson Happenings.com. It has a calendar for events and live music!
Here's my top ten list of must sees:
1. Lorraine Lee Nature Trail. Breathtaking desert vistas! It's within Starr Pass and an easy way to experience the desert up close.
2. Best Scenic Place to have a drink and enjoy panoramic views in the evening - The patio of the JW Marriott. Live music & tequila tastings!
3. Most Romantic Dining Room: The main restaurant at Hacienda del Sol on Tucson's northeast side. Think Mexican hacienda, candlelight and city light views.
4. Sonoran Desert Museum. If you appreciate the desert, no where in the world will you experience such a magical, world class museum where the flora and fauna are in a natural setting.
5. Saguaro National Monument West. A short drive from the desert museum takes you through one of the most beautiful scenic drives in the southwest. Take a picnic, find your happy place where you can walk an arroyo, a trail and zen out, There are rock paintings by the ancient Hohokam people.
6. Tubac, Az. It's south, about 40 minutes on the I-19. Wonderful way to spend the day checking out local art galleries and shops. One of a kind southwestern art. THEN my favorite place for lunch, Elvira's Mexican Food. Great ambiance - for dinner and drinks nothing there can beat the Tubac Country Club. A former hacienda where the dining room is elegant, yet unpretentious.
7. Sabino Canyon. Hike or take a tram up into the canyon where you can experience waterfalls in the desert! A great place to spend the day. You'll need sunscreen, a hat, swimsuit, snacks and WATER.
8. Mount Lemon. If you need to escape the heat in the summer, or want to play in the snow in the winter, this one hour drive up into the Catalina Mountains is beautiful! When you get to the town of Winterhaven, eat at The Sawmill Run. A great spot to have spicy turkey chili, rhubarb pie and comfort food.
9. Kartchner Caverns. It's about an hour away but a real treat! You take a tram to the caves and go on a fantastic guided tour. You must make reservations. It's a popular destination.
10. 4th Avenue. A great place to walk. Eclectic bars and restaurants, Vegan, Mexican, Italian, and cute shops. Near the U of A.