Evolve Vacation Rental
- english, french, german, spanish
This was the second time for us renting this cabin. It appears some maintenance needs done on the decking boards near the driveway. The 3 gas tanks were empty when we attempted to use the grill. I contacted guest service and a full tank was delivered the following day. The shuffleboard table was damaged this year. The view is spectacular but I wouldn’t recommend the steep road for a motorcycle.
This was our first time renting a cabin in the mountains, we were expecting just a normal cabin, when we got there we were speechless with the mountain view of the cabin. We were super high in the mountain surrounded with trees. It was amazing experience. The cabin was very beautiful and with plenty of space for all 14 of us. I would greatly recommend this cabin and for sure stay there again.
Pros/Cons of Our Stay
My family of 10 stayed at this house in the Smoky Mountains area for vacation towards the end of June. Here are some pros and cons of our stay:
- The inside of the house was very clean and nice looking.
- Sleeping was pretty comfortable and there was lots of extra store-away beds such as two pull-out sofas and two rolling beds in the closet downstairs.
- The kitchen was nicely stocked with plenty of utensils and cookware.
- The view of the mountains was beautiful, especially the sunset.
- Like other reviews mentioned, the drive to the top of the house was very steep and difficult for our car to make it up the hill, it was scary for the driver going up and down the hill each time. We decided to go down only once a day rather than multiple times because we did not want to ruin our car engine. We wish we could have made more trips down from the mountains to enjoy things such as quick meals in the nearby town. We suggest renting another car instead of killing your own car's engine, this cliff is not a joke, we have a pretty new 7 passenger minivan, and after we got to the driveway, we could smell the engine.
- One night, there was a raccoon that tried to get into the trash making lots of noise and disturbing our sleep, we all woke up thinking someone was knocking at the door.
- The wooden furniture on the deck was covered in hundreds of tiny bugs; therefore, we could not enjoy the great views from the decks. Luckily, there were very large windows allowing us to see the mountains from inside.
- One morning, we ran out of hot water in the showers causing the last three guests to shower in cold water.
- The Wi-Fi was very slow.
Just a couple of minor things. We couldn't get the key lockbox to open but luckily one of our kids found one of the side-door unlocked so we let ourselves in. Called manager to request a key and was informed that someone would come by the next day with the key but never received it. Went out everyday with door unlocked. It didn't bother us too much because location was secluded and neighborhood was quiet with just another family there. Cabin is located on a very steep hill. We had a Sienna with us so couldn't climb the drive way and had to park at the bottom of the hill. We loaded and unloaded on foot everyday. Great cardio exercise! And as a trade off, we got amazing views on every level of the decks. Cabin is very roomy and each of the 3 levels provides enough privacy. We had a surprise guest during our stay. Scared the heck out of us at first but we all thought it was cool afterward. The size of that black bear was intimidating but he was nice enough to stay out after we closed the gate. Hope you get lucky too!
Great family cabin
We loved the cabin, location, & view. It just needs a little TLC.
Less than implied.
Yard not clean. Pillows stained. Fridge leaked water. States for 10 but, seating 6, sleeping for 8. States parking for 3 but fit 2 cars and had to park smart car parallel in front of cars. Called because cable did not work, after about 1 of us working on it got the service to reset, no call back from management. Floors not mopped. Broken decking by front doors. Grill not cleaned but plenty of gas. Beautiful view, just needs TLC, expected more for the pricing and cleaning fees that were charged. Expected basic toiletries: soap -shampoo -blow dryer - dish soap - dishwashing liquid, garbage bags, potholders for oven.
Raymond, thank you for your review. Since receiving your feedback, this homeowner has been in touch with their on-the-ground management team to ensure they address the issues of the yard, pillows, and refrigerator, and they have had someone come out to the property to fix any broken boards in the deck. They will also be sending an inspector to go through the entire home and address any other issues that need to be resolved. We can confidently confirm that the homeowners and many guests in the past have been able to park 3 cars on the property without any issue, however, we're sorry if something stopped you from being able to do so. Finally, from our understanding, the management team did respond regarding the cable/TV issue, but when they called you back there was no longer an issue as you had resolved it by resetting the TV. This homeowner goes above and beyond to prioritize the guest experience and we look forward to helping them continue to host many satisfied guests in the future. Best, the Evolve Team