Stylish private studio suite within 1960s post-and-beam midcentury home. Highlights: beautifully designed living space, garage parking (EV charging), quiet cul-de-sac street, super close to Griffith Park, Los Feliz shops/restaurants, & public trans.
Your private studio suite is a brand new listing on vrbo as of October 2015, and we think you'll love it! The studio is on a quiet cul-de-sac street surrounded by architecturally significant homes -- in fact, the most famous Richard Neutra home in LA is just a few doors down. It's so unusual to have a mid-century modern post-and-beam hillside home that is also so quick to access and so convenient to Los Feliz shops & restaurants, public transportation, and Griffith Park (just 2 blocks away from the world's largest urban park with the amazing Observatory and miles of fun hiking paths with stunning views of the city). We designed your suite from scratch specifically to create an amazing short-term housing experience, with the goal of making the environment comfortable, fun, and beautiful. The space is private with your own access door with keyless enty, so you can come and go as you please; we hope it will feel like your own private studio / casita. Garage parking is a major plus for convenience and safety, and, for those with an electric car, EV charging is a very unusual benefit.
Guests have access to:
1. garage parking space with complementary EV charging (220V outlet)
the private studio space which consists of:
2. bedroom with queen-sized bed made from recycled teak from India, Tuft & Needle mattress (#1 rated on amazon), hypo-allergenic comforter/pillows, high-threadcount sheets, lucite bed-side tables with cool bed-side lamps, mid-century inspired loveseat, 4k high-def wall-mounted Samsung TV loaded (hbo, showtime, netflix, amazon, hulu), desk/chair, 3.1 cu foot refrig/freezer, microwave, huge closet space (iron, ironing board, hangers, dresser)
3. adjoining bathroom, with these features/ammenities: sink, toilet, shower, blow dryer, soap, shampoo, Keurig for coffee with nice selection of coffee choices.
1. while there is a refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and keurig that makes it convenient to have a light meal or breakfast, there is NOT a full kitchen (so there's no oven / no cooktop).
2. No unregistered/overnight guests allowed without prior consent of the host.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS:
I will do everything in my power to make sure that have a great stay and a very smooth process. I'm on premise in the main house, so usually available with an hour or two notice unless at a special event. I would generally plan to meet with guest(s) upon arrival to help them get situated and am very available as well to help with suggestions for activities, restaurants, hikes, concerts, etc.
Please respect our house as you would want guests to respect your home. Only registered guests are allowed, and we require that our registered guests be verified by email address, telephone number, and offline ID; no other visitors and no overnight visitors unless host grants prior permission. No smoking or pets on the premises, thanks. Be reasonable on noise levels, particularly late at night. Common sense stuff, nothing extraordinary here.
Los Feliz is known as one of the very best neighborhoods in LA, a nice mix of professionals, artists, film/entertainment types. Hey, Madonna bought a huge estate in Los Feliz just a few blocks away. There's a ton to do in Los Feliz, plus it's so central to other great areas, including downtown, Echo Park, SilverLake, Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, as well as further out destinations such as Pasadena, Eagle Rock, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Manhattan Beach, Long Beach,...
There are a slew of great restaurants and cafes in Los Feliz and adjoining neighborhoods, and we're always happy to make recommendations.
Griffith Park and the Observatory is the number 1 tourist attraction in Los Angeles, and you can easily walk there from the house. In addition, The Greek Theater is a great open-air concert venue, and it's within Griffith Park and an easy walk from the house.