About the property
- Condo1300 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
Condo, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 8
This Carnelian Bay vacation rental mixes modern comforts and traditional decor seamlessly, allowing for a perfect refuge for a family gathering. Situated just steps from the public beach, this condo will provide year-round delight for a large party of 8.
As part of the Carnelian Woods complex, this unit boasts a host of amenities, including a summer pool, tennis and bocce courts, year-round hot tubs, and more. Carnelian Bay beach is within walking distance and restaurants and grocery stores are nearby as well.
Enter a world of chic furnishings married with everyday necessities. The living room boasts vaulted ceilings, a red couch, and a red chaise lounge. Relax in front of the wood fireplace or grab a book from the extensive collection of tomes on a cold night in. A flatscreen TV allows you and your guests to catch up on your favorite shows.
The kitchen is homey and inviting, with an electric stove, a fridge, dishwasher, and small bar area with a coffee maker and plenty of wine glasses. A six-seat wooden dining room table is ready for your formal repasts.
Indulge in an al fresco meal under the stars on the deck or head to the beach with the four beach chairs provided. The condo complex also provides shared hot tubs for your enjoyment as well as tennis and bocce courts and a seasonal swimming pool. There's also a game room with a pool table and a mini-golf course onsite.
This home has three bedrooms plus a loft and two bathrooms making it ideal for up to 8 guests. The master bedroom is spacious, with a king bed and a gorgeous private deck accessible via a sliding glass door. Two other bedrooms (one with a balcony) have a queen bed apiece and the loft has a queen and two twins as well as a TV with a DVD player, perfect for a young family that wants to stay together. There are also two full baths on two floors.
A washer and dryer and free WiFi are also included in the amenities.
Carnelian Bay has a lot to offer. Enjoy a legendary Wet Woody at Garwoods or fantastic food and lakefront seating at one of the restaurants nearby—we recommend the Old Post Office Coffee Shop! You're only nine miles from the ski slopes in Tahoe and area hiking and biking trails. Rent a paddleboard at the beach or grab a kayak and head out onto the water.
Relax in style and comfort at this North Lake Tahoe vacation rental.
Vacasa, CA - Lake Tahoe Office
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, french, german, spanish, portuguese, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 22, 2018
About Vacasa, CA - Lake Tahoe Office
Thanks for considering a Vacasa home! We provide full-service management for privately owned vacation homes, and like to think that we offer our guests the best of both worlds: the unique experience of staying in a one-of-a-kind vacation home, with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that the home you book for your special vacation is cared for by professional housekeepers and property managers. <br> <br> Vacasa began in 2009, simply because our founder and CEO Eric wanted to find a better way to share his wife’s family’s summer home in Long Beach, Washington with guests as a vacation rental. Eric and his early team worked to build Vacasa on the premise that local employees can do what they love most (taking care of guests, homeowners, and properties), while the hands-off tasks of vacation rental management—things like marketing, filing taxes, and maintaining a website—could be handled by a specialized central support team. <br> <br> Our passion is connecting travelers with the unique experience of staying in a vacation home, and we would be honored to be your host. Please contact us with any questions about this home—our team is standing by!
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Not coming back
We rented unit 108 at Eventide at Carnelian Woods from Friday afternoon 8-4-17 to 10AM Sunday 8-7-17. I have to make you aware of several issues with the unit that desperately need attention. At the price we are paying, this is inexcusable.
I took photos upon arriving Friday evening 8-4-17 to document my comments.
• 3420-Slider in downstairs bedroom is stuck in locked position-Why?
• 3421-the washer is out of commission-makes it hard to wash anything-the dryer seems to be ok
• 3414-slider knob on toaster falls off-toaster still works
• 3410-carpet stains in front of recliner in living room
• 3407-filter from AC cold air return so packed with dirt and dust I took it out. I’m not going to breathe air filtered through it. It is out on the deck for the master bedroom-this must be replaced. 20“ x 20” size
• 3408-screen door off of living room is broken and will not stay on its track. Broken and misadjusted rollers
• 3409-more dirty carpets
• 3417-badly ripped comforter in bedroom
• 3411-ripped bolster on right side red couch in middle of living room
• 3422-more carpet stains
• 3418-detaced curtain rod-curtain will not move with pull
• 3415-dirty carpets at front door
• 3416-heavily stained carpet on stairs from front door
• 3417-torn comforter on bed
• The toilet in the mid level bathroom is difficult to get to flush properly. Need to flush several times
• The circuit breaker popped several times while I was drying my hair in the master bath. Had to turn off the lights in the bathroom and the fan in the tub area to get it to keep running long enough to dry my hair. The breaker is undersized. It needs to be replaced.
• Now it seems that the use of BBQ grills has been prohibited and our unit does not have the one, we were planning to use it to grill burgers for our family on Saturday night. At the time we rented there was no mention of the grill situation. Many of the negative reviews on your site mentioned the grill being out of propane. We were assured on several conversations with Emily that it would be in operating condition. We were notified on Thursday 8-3 in conversation with Tiffany, to make sure all would be ready for our arrival, that the grill was no more-So, where do we grill? It was suggested at the clubhouse. We have no map of the property and will have to find it by ourselves. We were just notified that the only grilling location is the clubhouse, but all grills are already reserved and have been for weeks in advance. Since our reservation was not made weeks in advance, a heads up on this issue would have been appreciated. We now have to make alternative plans for dinner after bringing all of our food for the dinner.
• The dirty carpets issue was addressed by Tiffany when we confirmed on Thursday. My question is, these carpets have been a mess for a long time, why spring to action now and then beg off by saying that the carpet cleaners can’t get here until the end of August. That does us no good.
• The listing says that the unit is within walking distance to the beach. Well I beg to differ. According to Google maps it is just over a mile. Yes, I guess that might be walking distance for some, but the implication it was a few minutes, not a 20 to 30 minute hike. The address on all of your materials lists 5101 North Lake Blvd, #108, when in fact the correct address is 108 Silver Pine Drive. The distance between the two is over half a mile. Please for the benefit of future renters make this clear and provide a simple map of the entire area so all can see what they are getting into.
• There is on dial tone on the wired phone in the unit. Kitchen phone is dead, cordless phone in master bedroom is dead. If there is going to be no local phone, say so.
• The poor performance of the dishwasher is detaile...
Not worth what we paid and in desperate need of repair!
I have to be honest--this condo could have been a nice place to stay. Instead, we found issues that left much to be desired! The first bedroom sliding glass door would not open, resulting in a lack of air flow and no access to that room's deck. The bed coverings, while clean, had many holes. The description of the rental said there was a washer and dryer, however the washer was "out of order." In the downstairs bathroom the pocket door was next to impossible to close. In the master bedroom, the light on the dresser didn't work and there was no screen on the slider, so the choice was air flow versus insects. One of the chairs on that deck was so filthy we wouldn't touch it. On the main floor, the carpet was in desperate need of cleaning, and the slider's screen door was completely out of the frame, a minor upgrade from missing entirely. The kitchen cupboards could use inventorying--there were parts of appliances, but I could not find a food processor or blender. Also, after our arrival we attempted to turn on the tv following the instructions in the binder. Surprise! The main controller didn't work! We eventually figured out how to work around it with the other remotes. This rental was such a disappointment that we cut short our trip.
Not a well-kep property. Dirty, broken lamps, burnt out light bulbs, washer out of order. Very quiet location. Easy parking.
We are sorry to see there were some issues with this reservation. The property manager has maintenance working on these issues so they should be in order for the next guest. Thanks!
Not well-maintained, and dirty
I swear I'm not this person....
It takes a lot for me to leave a bad review, it really does. I hate doing it, I like to look on the brighter side of things, and in this case I had no choice. My family (4 kids under 6 and 3 adults) checked in to immediately find a very unclean and uncomfortable living space. The washer and dryer both were out of order and when I called the guy who manages the property he asked me if I really needed it??? Umm yes, 7 of us for 5 days? Not to mention 4 small kids? And it doesn't matter because that's what I paid for? Anyway, he said he'd get back to me, he never did. I tried calling him the next day and didn't get an answer. The toilets overflowed constantly, the carpet was so stained and filthy that it left our feet black. There was rat poop under beds and between furniture. The worst part was my youngest daughter got food poisoning and we didn't have a washer OR dryer handy to try and clean up all the vomit. Towards the end, I didn't want it to ruin our family trip so I just saw it as a place to sleep and we made sure we were out doing fun things most of the time and out of the cabin.
Vacasa is a great service, and we've used them before with our last cabin but I think this might be the last time. I don't understand how this place isn't maintained properly.
Oh my goodness horrible unit
The toilet was backed up. The grill was not available neither was the community gril. It must be reserved 30 days in advance . The washing machine was not working. None of these things were repaired or rectified during my stay of six adults - college students. The area was beautiful but this unit is deplorable. I will never rent from Homeaway/Vacasa again. I should have a refund of some type. The groceries purchased were for the grill. And having to cook in the kitchen with at AC not functioning properly it was hot until 10 pm in the unit. My family should have been notified of the grill and washer prior to our arrival.
Additional information about rental rates
Major Credit Cards Accepted. Taxes and fees are not included. Rates and availability calendars may change until time of booking.