Take a virtual tour of this house! Copy/paste this link into your browser: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EqbYX37vHv3
See our slideshow video here:
“Above the Clouds” is the name of this truly unique Luxury Estate, sitting on 32 private acres on top of Bear Mountain at just over 8,000’ elevation. This home is built directly into the side of the mountain with 20’ boulders on each side of the entrance to the front door, with huge boulders carried on into the great room, with 3 waterfalls cascading from the dining room, down into the Great Room.
Please note: We are firm on our pricing and minimum number of nights and are unable to accommodate requests for discounted nightly rates or shorter stays. The minimum night requirement ranges from three nights to six nights, depending on the season, and our seasonal pricing does vary. Our minimum booking age is 30. When inquiring, please include the following details that will help us determine if this home is a good fit for your group and give us info needed for the contract:
-Your age and if you are an all-adult group, the average age of your group members.
-The maximum number of adults and kids that you will have (even if you don't yet have final numbers).
-Any day guests that you plan to have at the house.
-A little bit about the purpose of your visit to CO. What brings you out, what are some of the activities planned?
Details on the House:
• 8 large bedrooms, with at least a king or queen bed. 4 of the bedrooms are Master Suites with private bathrooms.
• 8,500 square feet, all in one home.
• Sleeps up to 22 guests in beds.
• 8 total bathrooms.
• Great Room with 28’ ceilings, a wall of windows for incredible views, and a center fireplace.
• Huge Chef’s Kitchen with professional stainless steel equipment, granite counters, and open concept to the Great Room and Dining Room. Perfect for entertaining.
• Home Theater with 3 tiers, 11 leather full layout chairs, 10’ screen and surround sound.
• Indoor hot tub, steam shower, and dry sauna.
• Game Area with 20’ bar, pool table, shuffleboard, ping pong, and foosball.
• 1,200 sq ft main deck off of Great Room with fire pit and seating for outdoor dinners.
• Dining Room with private wine cooler and 13’ farm table with seating for 14. Large picture window with breathtaking views.
• Workout Room with treadmill, recumbent bike, various weight machines, and free weights.
• 4 fireplaces.
• 32 private acres on top of Bear Mountain.
• 4-car heated garage.
• Private safe for use of guests.
• Original art and oil paintings throughout the Estate.
• Sonos music sound system wired throughout house with 3 wall mounted Ipods and bluetooth connectivity.
• 1,000 square feet Master Suite with private deck, huge jetted tub, fireplace, large walk-in shower, 50” TV, multiple closets, huge windows overlooking mountains.
• 13 Televisions. Minimum 32” in each bedroom. Huge number of premium channels.
• 2nd living room in the guest wing.
• Radiant floor heat and back up forced air heating.
• Air conditioning for the entire house. Really Important -- It gets hot in the mountains! Most homes do not offer this.
• Back up electrical generator to insure you are never out of power.
• Snow service automatically comes to clear the driveway when it snows, with a large self-propelled snow blower in garage for emergencies.
This home is located in the mountains and although we are vigilant with having the driveway plowed in the wintertime, we highly recommend 4-wheel drive vehicles. The roads are easy to navigate in the summertime, no special vehicle needed.
There are a lot of stairs in this home, and it sits at 8,000'. We do provide oxygen but some of our past guests have asked that we share this with future guests, just so they are prepared. Hydration is very important at this altitude!
• Master Suite – King with twin daybed and twin trundle. Private bath.
• Bedroom #2 – Queen. Private bath.
• Bedroom #3 – King. Private bath.
• Bedroom #4 – Queen with twin daybed and twin trundle. Shared bath.
• Bedroom #5 – King. Shared bath.
• Bedroom #6 – Queen with twin daybed and twin trundle. Private bath.
• Bedroom #7 – Queen. Shared bath.
• Bedroom #8 – Queen (in open loft area up spiral stairs). Shared bath.
We also have a half-bath on the Main Level and a full bath on the Lower Level.
This 8,500 sf home sleeps up to 22 guests (two per queen/king bed) and is ideal for large families, corporate retreats, and small group gatherings. If you are looking for the ultimate Colorado lodging experience, you’ve just found it. Come be our guest!
WE DO NOT ALLOW WEDDINGS, REHEARSAL DINNERS, BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE PARTIES OR OTHER FORMAL GATHERINGS AT THE PROPERTY. House parties (having day guests), unless pre-approved in writing with correct details, are strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction and additional fees. Day guests will be charged for at $25 for each day guest per day, if not pre-approved in writing. Day guests are any guests beyond those paying to spend the night.
We welcome corporate groups and retreats and offer HDMI capabilities in the media room, and a white board for work sessions. Gather around our huge dining table as you strategize and plan! Our corporate clients include national organizations including Lululemon Athletica, Graebel Relocation Services, Hilti Inc., Dave & Buster's, Herbalife and The Wendy's Company.
Summer bookings (June, July and August) require a 6-night stay with a check-in on Monday or Tuesday. Please plan to check in on a Sunday for 7-night stays. In late spring, we reduce the summer nightly minimum to 4 nights for the remaining open summer dates (reflected on our pricing schedule at that time).
Christmas and New Year's bookings require a 5-night minimum and are two separate reservation blocks. Christmas dates can be reserved between December 20 and 26th, New Year's reservations can be reserved between December 27 and January 6.
If you are a traveling sports team, please note that we require a 1:1 ratio of adults to kids (siblings and players). More adults are okay. If you have a special situation, please feel free to inquire.
Smoking outside only and absolutely no pets. Violation of these policies will result in a full forfeiture of deposit.
• This house was chosen for it’s central location to everything!
• We are 45 minutes from Downtown Denver.
• We are 25 minutes from Red Rocks Amphitheatre
• We are an hour and 10 minutes from the Denver Airport (DEN).
• We are 40 minutes to Echo Mountain Ski Resort and one hour from Loveland Ski Area.
• We are just over an hour to the major ski slopes – Copper, Breckenridge, Keystone, Winter Park.
• We are about 40 minutes to the major casinos in Black Hawk.
• Mount Evans is about a 30 minute drive.
• We are located 20 minutes from Hwy 285 and N. Turkey Creek Rd, and 30 minutes from Hwy 285 and C-470.
• Evergreen is a town rich in cultural opportunities, diverse outdoor activities, casual and fine dining options, and unique shopping experiences.
Thanks for looking! Feel free to e-mail or call with any additional questions and for further details!
• Reservations cancelled 90 days or more prior to your arrival date receive a full refund less a $200 service fee and the VRBO service fee.
• Cancellations less than 90 days in advance will not receive a refund.
• No credit will be given for shortened stays due to late arrival or early departure for any reason.
• No cancellations due to weather.
When you purchase your stay through VRBO/Homeaway, they do offer cancellation insurance that you can purchase. We suggest reading the fine print if you decide to buy this insurance since we have no control over their regulations.
Confirmation of dates:
Please note that we sometimes receive multiple inquiries for the same dates and reservations are ONLY confirmed once payment has been made. Unfortunately we cannot hold dates.
Availability of property:
If something happens to the point that the house is not habitable, owner is only responsible to refund any received payment for unused nights. We take great pride in our properties, but guests must realize that things break, and owner has a team available to address any problems that may occur. No refunds will be available if owner makes reasonable efforts to correct these problems during the guests stay, and the house is still habitable.
Thanks for looking and for making it all the way to the bottom of our listing description!