About the property
- House1383 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 5 nights
Private Retreat: 2bd/2ba House & a 1bd/1ba Cottage, Solar Heated Pool, Hot Tub
* Pool usually opens May and closes in October. The hot tub is open year round. If you're interested in using the pool between October and May, inclusive of those months, please inquire if the pool is or will be open.
Located 2 miles from Guerneville, Tipsy Timbers is a private retreat with a 2 bed, 2 bath house & a 1 bed, 1 bath cottage, with fireplaces, outdoor dining, hot tub, solar heated saltwater pool & large pool deck. Easy access to Sonoma, Russian River, and the ocean.
Nestled among the redwoods along Old Cazadero Road, our home is a relaxing private vacation rental perfect for a group of friends or families. The compound receives sun for most of the day, allowing you to lounge poolside on the large outdoor deck. Cool nights are warm in the 8-person hot tub next to the patio. 4 bikes are included in the rental, so you can ride less than 2 miles to explore downtown Guerneville or stay in and cook meals in the main house's large modern kitchen.
The property is backed on one side by a hill and redwood trees, another side by the creek bed, and one neighbor is across the driveway, but the compound is completely enclosed offering privacy and plenty of space for outdoor gatherings or BBQs.
Guest Access & Interaction with Guests
- Why worry about keys? All home access is electronic, including a code for the gate and keypads on the main doors.
- It’s your vacation, so unless you need assistance, we plan to stay out of your way. We're happy to provide any information needed up front. Upon arrival, you'll find a large, printed house manual with all the valuable information for “Tipsy Timbers” as well as notes about our favorite restaurants, wineries, group activities, etc. There’s so much to do in the area!
We’re close to downtown Guerneville and just a few miles from popular destinations:
- Safeway grocery store (1.7 miles)
- Russian River Resort aka "R3" (1.9 miles)
- Big Bottom Market (1.9 miles)
- Johnson's Beach (2.0 miles)
- Stumptown Brewery (3.1 miles)
- Korbel Tasting Room (4.9 miles)
- 4 bikes are included with your rental. Don't forget to check the tire pressure before you ride!
- Driving is easy. Tipsy Timbers includes 2 parking spots (1 covered) within the electric house gate, and an additional spot is located outside the gated compound.
- Quiet Hours between 10 pm and 7 am are to be observed by all guests. Please be respectful of our neighbors.
- Maximum number of guests: 8
- Maximum number of vehicles allowed: 3
- If you're interested in bringing a pet, please let us know before you book. We only allow pets on a per-case basis. A pet fee + tax will need to be added to your quote.
- A full list of rules for the house is in the vacation manual, located in the main house. We will email you an electronic copy prior to your arrival.
Other Things to Note
- Tipsy Timbers is our vacation home and we list it for rent when we aren't using it. Please treat it with more care than a hotel. Let us know right away if something breaks or isn't working properly.
- The pool is closed during the winter and reopens in the spring, depending on the weather. If the pool is important to you and you're booking in the winter, please inquire before booking about whether it will be open or not. The hot tub is open year round.
- The kitchens are stocked with basics (spices, pots/pans, utensils, etc.), but it’s a vacation house, please don't expect a full chef's pantry.
- You and your guests are using our home at your own risk. The owners of the property will not be held responsible for any injuries or accidents that occur at the vacation rental or for any lost and/or stolen items.
- Cell phone service is not great in Guerneville. At Tipsy Timbers, we have found Verizon works fine, AT&T & Sprint are spotty, and T-Mobile doesn't get much signal. There is a landline in the main house for your convenience.
- Please note that we have pool, hot tub, and landscape contractors who typically service our home on Mondays and every other Thursdays. They will do their best not to disturb you, but the nature of their work can sometimes be noisy. We appreciate your understanding -- we want to make sure the amenities are usable and that Tipsy Timbers stays beautiful!
- LGBTQ-owned and LGBTQ-friendly.
- We are compliant with Sonoma County tax laws for short term rentals. TOT ID# 2400N.
Carlos D Cabarcos
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
About Carlos D Cabarcos
Grew up in South America, have been living in San Francisco since 2002 and call the Bay Area home. Love to travel and experience the world, but always look forward coming back home to SF & Russian River.
Carlos D Cabarcos purchased this House in 2015
Why Carlos D Cabarcos chose Guerneville
After over 10 years of renting vacation homes in the area, when we stumbled across this property we immediately fell in love with the private redwood setting, the outdoor areas with the heated pool and hot tub, and the quaintness and coziness of both homes. The fact that there's 2 separate homes that can function together or independently with two living areas and the outdoor dining room is a great set up. We hope you enjoy our home as much as we do.
What makes this House unique
The feeling of being tucked away in the redwoods, yet the proximity to town and the myriad of activities close by. You can go wine tasting, hiking in the redwoods, play tennis and/or golf nearby, kayaking, rafting or floating on the Russian River just to name a few.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Shiver Me Timbers! What a property!
What a beautiful property in the middle of beautiful Guerneville. Every guest in the party agreed, the pictures really don't do this place justice. The property is massive and there are multiple areas to relax, hang out, enjoy the amazing redwoods, whatever you want. Very easy to book and the rooms and amenities were exactly what we needed. Would definitely recommend a trip to Guerneville, if you're gonna do it, do it right and book Tipsy Timbers!!
Clean and comfortable rooms and beds.
Excellent location in the woods.
Wonderful Place to Stay
Tipsy Timbers was the perfect place to visit with longtime friends and tour wineries. Both the cottage and house were very comfortable for the 6 of us. The ”compound” is in a beautiful location - right next to the river and surrounded by trees. We loved the river views and the huge redwoods in the yard. It was great to have use of a kitchen and outdoor grill. It was too cold for us to use the pool or eat outdoors, and we were sorry we weren’t able to do both. Our stay was still wonderful. We’ll just have to come back when it’s warmer to enjoy it all. Anyone should be pleased with Tipsy Timbers.
Thanks Roland for your kind words, we’re very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Tipsy Timbers while visiting Guerneville and the Russian River area & wineries. We hope you stay at our vacation rental again, hopefully when it’s warmer as you mentioned, so you can use the pool & the grounds a bit more.
Till next time!
Magical Refuge Among the Refuge
Carlos was an amazing host. He was accommodating with both our arrival and departure times, and also with our last-minute need to bring a small dog.
The home is exactly as described in the photos. The cottage was private and we woke up to the beautiful sound of the creek every morning. The main home had two bedrooms and two bathrooms, which fit our group perfectly. And, of course, the background, nestled among a Redwood Grove was absolutely magical. We will definitely be back again - thank you!
Beautiful getaway destination
The home was amazingly stocked. The master bed was so comfortable that my husband and I didn’t want to get up. We enjoyed the hot tub. The pool wasn’t ready when we were there but’s it is beautiful. One of my favorite things was the heated bathroom floors. Wouldn’t change a thing. Very fast response from Carlos. Thanks for making this a wonderful weekend for us!
Beautiful Property for a Sonoma County Getaway
Tipsy Timbers is a beautiful property just a quick drive from downtown Guerneville. It has everything you'd need for a relaxing getaway, from a beautiful pool, spacious hot tub, to a well-equipped kitchen. The neighborhood is secluded and quiet - nothing beats a morning soak in the hot tub staring up the gorgeous redwoods!
Everything in the house and cottage is super well-organized and labeled (the labels and house manual were much appreciated!). It's a wonderfully cozy space, beds are comfy, and there are fireplaces in the main house and cottage. The owners have thought of everything to make sure your stay is comfortable, convenient, and memorable. Our group absolutely loved our time at Tipsy Timbers and would recommend this property in a heartbeat!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. TOT ID# 2400N.