Imagine... a dream-come-true lifestyle in a scenic waterfront setting surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of Northern Idaho.
Discover... a private luxury dream vacation destination far beyond anything you could possibly imagine.
Experience... breathtaking beauty, waterfront wonderment, and luxury living in a way few ever will.
Believe... the private luxury dream vacation destination of a lifetime is waiting for you in Northern Idaho.
Your Dream Vacation Destination
Picture your dream vacation destination. Imagine stealing away to a lifestyle of luxurious living in an extraordinary waterfront setting surrounded by the breathtaking beauty of the Selkirk mountains and the panoramic serenity of the Pend Oreille River in a sanctuary of pristine perfection. This once-in-a-lifetime, dream-come-true, private luxury dream vacation destination will compel you to live out your vacation dreams in the scenic beauty of Northern Idaho.
Come and See
Imagine waking up to the sparkle of morning sunlight on the broad and expansive waterfront panorama that scintillates through the windows of your grand master suite. Visualize yourself ending the day in silent serenity as another spectacular sunset slips into the silhouetted shadows of the rugged and majestic Selkirk mountains that guard the natural wonder and protect the pristine beauty of this private luxury paradise.
Now turn your thoughts to what you would do in between? Dare to dream of your perfect day in this picturesque and luxurious setting.
• Would you marvel at the breathtaking beauty of this panoramic paradise over a leisurely breakfast then take the family for a morning adventure on the water? Would you choose the quiet glide of the kayaks or the powerful speed of the jet skis?
• Would you grab a fly rod and spend a few hours testing your skills against the native rainbow trout or smallmouth bass from your private dock? Or would you round up the kids and spend an afternoon building sand castles on your private beach, playing volleyball or croquet on the large, well-manicured lawn, or swimming in the clear, warm, and shallow summer waters of the Pend Oreille River?
• Or perhaps you would initiate a family hiking adventure and teach your children to recognize the large variety of wildlife that call your dream vacation destination home.
• Would you curl up with a good book by one of the four fireplaces in this stately and well-appointed 27-room manor?
• Would you visit the nearby Schweitzer Mountain Resort and break out the skis or snowboard to experience the pure exhilaration of blasting through fresh powder?
• Or perhaps you would stay home to build a snowman with the kids or take a short hike through this winter wonderland of nature's peaceful and quiet beauty.
All of this is yours for the asking. Now you really can turn your dream of a perfect day into a lasting and meaningful memory for the people you care about most.
This picturesque palace was custom designed to reflect the natural beauty of the area with a tasteful homage to the Kootenai and Pend Oreille Native Americans of the region. The fully furnished 18-room, 5,000 square foot main home can sleep up to 14 in its grand master suite, luxurious guest suite, and large bunkroom suite, not to mention the additional full bath and half bath on the main level. This dream-come-true vacation home boasts a total of 4 fireplaces; two wood-burning inside, one outside on the patio, and a gas fireplace in the master suite.
The great room pavilion is simultaneously spacious and intimate. The plush, comfortable furnishings keep conversations easy and familiar while warm cedar-wood cathedral ceilings rise high to inspire and impress. Three sets of large accordion doors open up to invite the panoramic wonder of the Pend Oreille River and the stunning beauty of the immaculately maintained grounds into your private luxury retreat. Relax and listen to nature’s concert as the wind whispers in the trees, the water laps rhythmically at the shoreline, and a chorus of wild birds break out in song while you recline in the sitting area and watch eagles and osprey hunt for a fresh fish dinner.
The spacious and fully-appointed kitchen is the ideal gourmet workspace -- one that provides a seamless transition into the great room maintaining an easy connection to family and friends gathered around the black quartz-topped island bar to watch the culinary action. Multiple chefs can work freely on the expansive soapstone counter tops while enjoying commanding and inspirational views of the water and property. Stainless appliances, a warming drawer, a six burner gas range and other amenities make the cooking fun and easy.
A well-appointed, 9-room, 1,700 square foot, 3 bed, 2 bath guest house with full kitchen, living room, and laundry sleeps an additional 8 people for a total capacity of 22 guests on the property, making this a perfect retreat center for large groups of friends, and family reunions.
Complete with a fire pit on your very own sandy swimming beach, a private dock with boat lift and jet ski docking, and an assortment of recreational water vehicles for rent including kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, jet skis, and a power boat for skiing, wake boarding, or inner tubing, one can experience an exciting array of water related adventures instantly -- without leaving home.
Let the peaceful warmth and comfort wash over you and envelop your spirit as you relax, refresh, recharge, renew, and revive yourself and your family in this remarkable retreat center - a showcase of livable luxury in a serene sanctuary of nature’s beauty.
• Imagine the peaceful joy of a relaxing evening in the warmth and comfort of the inviting great room as you curl up beneath its cathedral ceilings and watch the crackling fire dance in the large stone fireplace.
• Picture yourself in a spacious and fully-appointed, state-of-the-art kitchen with soapstone countertops and a huge island food prep and gathering area as you prepare to connect with friends and loved ones over a special dinner or casual family meal.
• Experience a magical sunset with friends and family as you watch the breathtaking beauty of the Pend Oreille River disappear into the twilight shadows from your patio while basking in the warmth of the outdoor fireplace.
• Feel the sense of peaceful contentment and deep gratitude as your family drifts off to sleep in the comfort and security of this ‘no place like home’ showplace of tasteful beauty.
• Dream of retiring to the master suite to curl up with a good book or enjoy a romantic evening with your special someone as you soak your cares away in the heavenly sensations of the hot tub.
Envision the perfect combination of natural beauty and world-class amenities coming together to create an overwhelming experience of elegant comfort, inviting warmth, and livable luxury as you experience waterfront living in a way few others ever will.
It’s Up To You
This private dream vacation destination is yours for the asking. Turn your dreams of a perfect vacation into a cherished and lasting memory for the people you care about most.
Set against the majestic backdrop of the Selkirk Mountains in the scenic solitude of a picturesque mountain valley in Northern Idaho, this private paradise offers the breathtaking beauty and peaceful tranquility of the expansive Pend Oreille River waterfront.
A wide array of wildlife and waterfowl including river otters, deer, moose, bald eagles, Canadian geese, blue heron, ducks, osprey, swans, coots, and loons create the perfect balance between the outdoor-oriented appeal of life in northern Idaho and the modern and convenient amenities of luxury living.
Laclede is located in Bonner County, Idaho approximately 70 miles from the Spokane Washington International Airport, 54 miles north of Coeur d’Alene, and 14 miles southwest of Sandpoint. The property is located less than half a mile south of US Highway 2 on Campbell Homestead Road.
The metropolitan attractions and amenities of Spokane, the second largest city in Washington are less than 90 minutes away (63 miles) and the Canadian border is approximately 75 miles due north.
Laclede’s four-season climate is moderate compared to weather patterns typically found east of the Rockies. Average annual rainfall is 33.5 inches and snowfall 71.7 inches. Temperatures below zero in the winter and above 90 in the summer are rare. The average year-round temperature is 47 degrees and in a typical year there are 125 frost-free days. Nights are generally cool, humidity is relatively low, and summertime usually brings consecutive weeks of clear and sunny weather.
Golfing (four courses), hunting, bicycling, mountain biking, running, trail running, horseback riding, hiking, backpacking, camping, wildlife viewing/photography, fishing (river, creek, pond)
Swimming, boating, water skiing, jet skiing, tubing, parasailing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing (lake/river/stream)
Snowboarding, downhill skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hunting
Fishing and Hunting
Northern Idaho is an angler’s paradise. One-third of all state record fish are caught in this region. The world record rainbow trout (37 pounds) was caught in Lake Pend Oreille. The state record northern pike (38 pounds) and Chinook salmon (42 pounds) came from Lake Coeur d’Alene while a lake trout exceeding 57 pounds was caught in Priest Lake.
With more forestland than any other state except Alaska (21.6 million acres), Idaho offers world-class hunting experiences. Big game hunts include elk, moose, mule and whitetail deer, mountain lion, black bear, wolf, and bighorn sheep. Upland game bird hunts for grouse, quail, and wild turkey, are common while the most popular waterfowl hunts are for ducks and Canadian geese.