If your in need of a little retreat this is the place to be. Full of lake front living amenities and relaxation. This property is a suite that offer a queen size bed and a sofa bed can accommodate up to 4 people. There is an apartment size kitchen with everything need you need to make your stay here comfortable. You can also bring your boat or kayak and enjoy being on the lake. Oh and don't forget your fishing poles.
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
- Calendar last updated:
- Dec 17, 2018
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Very disappointing and not as advertised
The cabin is very small, very old, and in need of repairs, esp after H-Irma. The adjacent wall of the adjoining unit provides little separation and quiteness from the units. I could hear the people talking and the TV noise which kept me awake each night. Problems in my unit were:
1) The bed frame is on rollers on a cheap laminate floor and not attached to anything. So every time I moved in the bed the bed frame would roll on the floor. I was constantly having to get up to push the bed back in place.
2) The only coverings on the bed were a sheet and a very thin bedspread. During my stay FL was going through a cold spell (low 30's at night) so I needed more coverings. I noticed an additional blanket in the closet. When I went to get it, it STUNK, and I mean STUNK. I was shocked that something this bad would be put out for a paying customer to use. I ended up washing it the next day.
3) The only source of heat is from the electric fireplace.
4) No wi-fi available in the cabin even tho listed as being available. You have to go outside to the "office" to get a good signal. This was very deceiving.
5) This was my first time in staying in a vacation unit as usually I stay in motels. In motels things like hairdyers and clothes hangers are provided, but not there. So make sure if you stay here to bring your own.
6) Utensils provided were the very minimum.
7) The sofa is old (as everything else is, except the TV and fireplace) and in need of a thorough cleaning. I hated to sit on it because it was so dirty, but there was nothing else to sit on except the plastic chairs which is considered the "dining area."
8) There is a washer/dryer but they are outside and also need to be replaced. This one w/d is shared with the occupants of the other rentals on the property, a total of five.
9) The property is For Sale, which means the owner has no attachment to this property except to collect fees and it shows.
The only real redeeming feature of this property is the lake.
Will I be staying here again - - NO.
The property seemed a little run down and not taken care of.
The property was not taken care of by the owner's themselves but by someone they hired. The duplex was very dirty when we arrived and we spent a lot of time and money cleaning the place since we had to live there for 2 months. We report the stove wasn't working the 2nd day we were there and it took until the last week we were there to get it fixed. The yard was not taken care of and was mowed only twice in 2 months. I would not recommend staying here for anymore then a few days at a time.
It was a lovely place to stay and felt like a cabin with all the wood. The lake was beautiful, and the property was well maintained. The water pressure was amazing, and the place was clean. I wish we had some bigger pots and pans to work with, but we made it work. We had a very relaxing time and would stay there again.
good place to be away from the commotion present in many parts of Florida
This place was just fine for one or two people. The air conditioner was a little louder than what I liked, but worked well. The WiFi was the problem. It only worked by one window or outside. No problems outside with it at all. Just cant use it outside at night because of all the bitey bugs. I had a really good time. I would consider it again.
Our Thanksgiving weekend!
Everything about our weekend stay was delightful. Upon arrival we met the owner Amy and her sweet daughters. The cottage was just the right size for us. There were guest in the cottage next door and we never heard a sound from that side. Friendly folks everywhere. The bed is very comfortable. The shower is better than most vacation places. The grounds were well taken care of, the Spanish moss beautiful. We were a short walk to the picturesque lake where the fish were quite evasive, didn't manage to catch a meal, which we won't hold against Amy. They are extremely pet friendly with no extra fees for bringing your poochie - that is a real plus. A truly beautiful sky at night- a great opportunity to star gaze and see the constellations. I can't think of one negative thing to say about our stay and would highly recommend it to all. I am thinking this might have to become our new Thanksgiving tradition.
Quiet. Friendly. Easy to find.
This was exactly the peaceful getaway I was looking for.