- english, german, dutch
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Our stay in Amsterdam
We loved our place! Great location - close to the bus stop, a great grocery, and a fabulous Greek restaurant.
This flat was unbelievable! It was very large with lots of space for all 5 of us. The decor is modern and beautiful and the amenities such as the shopping bags, spices, coffee and tea and dishes were a wonderful touch. Jamal met us at the train station and he was so pleasant and extremely helpful with showing us around the area on our walk to the flat. Ron took very good care of us and was at the apartment to meet us. The only thing that was a bit of an inconvenience was the drain in the bathroom and the bathroom sink upstairs drained extremely slow but Ron did mention he would check it out once we left. The flat is a bit far from Amsterdam but the area it is located in has everything and is a lovely family friendly area. Definitely would stay again!
Great house could be amazing with a few changes
Upon arriving in Amsterdam Ron met us at central station with the keys which was before official check in time so that was a bonus. Ron was a lovely guy and very helpful.
The house is a 25 minute tram ride from the centre which is not an issue, just buy a couple day travel pass when you arrive and you definitely get your money worth. Trams are very regular.
When we arrived at the house we were very happy, a group of 5 of us it was plenty spacious enough for everyone to have their own space if they needed but the kitchen/ diner was very comfortable for us all to sit together. The house is generally well equipped there are just quite a few small things that would have given this house full stars and our stay even better.
1. The bath towels are not big enough! Each person needed 2 a day because of the size meaning there was not enough for the five of us.
2. Toilet roll! You will need to buy some. There is 2 toilets in the house and under half a roll in each.
3. Lack of cleaning products. There was no basics like washing up liquid and kitchen spray which would have been nice to be able to keep the house clean during our stay. Also a broom would have been handy to sweep each day.
4. Basic things like oil,salt and pepper were not there. Such a shame as there are decorative bottles on the side for them they were just empty!
5. Upon arrival the fridge was full of the last guests leftovers which wasn’t a nice greeting! There was also things in the dishwasher even though it states you should clear them before you leave this was obviously not checked by the cleaners.
6. There were no bin bags! You have to take your rubbish across the street to the bins which isn’t a problem but I would expect bin bags to be in the house for this to be possible!
Generally we had a really good stay, please take this as constructive criticism Ron as you are lovely and the house is lovely. Just a few basic tweaks to make stays easier.
Thank you for our stay.
Enjoyed our stay, strongly recommended.
Great apartment, perfect location for someone that wants to stay close to the city, but in a quiet area close to the train and all necessary amenities.
House is beautiful and very comfortable.
Overall we had a positive experience. There were certain basic amenities listed on vrbo for the house that were not there such as toilet paper and dish detergent as well as some of the amenities could be more accurately portrayed. Overall for the price and location, the house is an excellent value, especially given how expensive staying in Amsterdam now is.
We enjoyed our stay at Ron’s unit. Very spacious kitchen. Bedrooms and bathrooms were fine. The space accommodated 6 of us very well.