A, Quiet Homes with Garden, in a Castle Near Beach and 1 Hour from Venice - RambaldoMultiple rentals available (1 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:Chateau / Country House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Rambaldo: Friuli-Venezia Giulia Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 802839ha
CASA RAMBALDO: enchanting holiday home in a castle complex with vast private garden.
Great and quiet position: only 20 minutes from the beach. 1 hour from Venice. 1 hour from Austria. 30 minutes from Slovenia.
This romantic home offers a dive into history. It has been restored with great care for details and comfort.
It was one of the medieval Guards' houses and is distributed on one floor + a lovely mezzanine
It has ancient terracotta floors and ceilings with wooden beams and
- a double bedroom with door to the garden,
- a nice bathroom with big green-blue mosaic shower enclosure and old style toilet and sink
- a comfortable sitting room under the mezzanine
- a vast dining area with equipped kitchen and door to the garden
- a beautiful romantic private garden. with access on the castle's main garden
About the Property
A, Enchanting holiday homes with private gardens
They have recently restored three beautiful stone homes belonging to the castle borgo:
- Casa La Vicinia (sleeps 4 people: 2 double rooms, each with private bathroom)
- Casa Rambaldo (sleeps 4 people: 1 double room + a loft with a double bed)
- Casa Artuico (sleeps 4: 1 double bedroom + a single bed behind a separé)
Each of these charming homes has its own private garden, guaranteeing the privacy of the guests, who also have access to the gardens of the castle.
The homes are provided with every comfort and are very nicely furnished.
The castle complex is formed by the main building, surrounded by a series of beautiful stone buildings once used as houses of the guards, administrative and judicial centre, stables, houses of the guards, granaries, archives, rice mill and tower.
On one side the main buillding is connected by an arch to the church of St. Nikolaus, formerly the houses of the guards, chapel (catholic masses on Sundays) and on the other side to the ancient tower.
The setting is really beautiful and the whole is surrounded by lovely gardens, crossed by spring-water streams and rivers.
Strassoldo is a precious gem of a lovely and still unknown region which is not overrun by tourists. In fact, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, has many important historical sites, a lovely nature with many different wonderful landscapes ranging from high mountains, through rolling hills and green plains to rock or sand beaches.
The castle# is situated in a very central position from where it is easy to reach all these attractions.
Only to mention a few, #Venice is reachable in 1 hour's drive, the ancient Roman colony of Aquileia (the second biggest colony of Rome) in 10 minutes, the golden beach of Grado in 20 minutes, the beautiful town of Udine in 30 minutes, the marvelous Adriatic Gulf with the town/port of Trieste in 38 minutes, Slovenia in 35 minutes and Austria in 60 minutes.
The guests can relax, make very nice walks in the Friulian countryside, go biking through cute little rural villages, go swimming in the nearby Adriatic sea and make nice day excursions to many interesting regional sites and towns.
The region also offers the possibility to taste excellent #Friulan wines and food.
Member since: 2010
2 other available rentals on this property
- Chateau / Country House
- 90 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- The home has: - a bedroom with big double bed, ancient bedside tables, ancient drawer, ancient cupboard with mirror and door to the garden. - a cute mezzanine (small loft) with a double bed, old bed side tables and small cupboard - a cosy sitting area under the mezzanine with sofa, armchair and sat-tv - a shower bathroom - a kitchen-sitting area with door to the garden - a private garden with wooden table and chairs for al fresco eating - deck chairs for relaxing under the shade of the ancient trees...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Casa Rambaldo is a beautiful medieval home belonging to one of the most ancient and romantic castles of Friuli-Venezia Giulia, which belongs to the same family since more than a thousand years. The castle is placed in the green spring-water area of the Friulan countryside, 20 min. from beach (Grado),1 from Austria, 30 min. from Slovenia. The castle hamlet (borgo) is formed by: - a main building (where the owners still live), - the Guards' houses (Casa Rambaldo and Casa Artuico, now self catering holiday homes, with private garden) - the former administrative centre (La Vicinia: now a self-catering holiday home) - the ancient tower (now 2 B&B suites) - the rice mill called 'Pileria del riso' (now 4 B&B rooms) - the Archives, called 'Cancelleria' (now empty and used sometimes for events) - the church of St. Nikolaus (masses on Sundays), - the stables (now a private home) - the granaries (now empty) The whole is surrounded by lovely gardens crossed by spring-water streams....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Coin Laundry
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Near The Ocean
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 16 - Apr 15, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Rates are based on 1 guests; add $48 per night, per additional guest
Apr 16 - Oct 15, 2017
7 night min stay
Oct 16 - Apr 15, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $0.00
- Refundable Damage Deposit $225.93
a) Initial deposit: 25% upon booking
b) Settlement: 50 days prior to arrival
c) Security deposit: 25% upon arrival
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
The castle is hidden in the green countryside of the spring-water area of Friuli-Venezia Giulia.
It is still the private home to the counts of Strassoldo, who built it more than a thousand years ago. Recently the owners have restored 3 lovely self catering ancient stone houses, each one with its own private garden and access on the castle’s main garden:
Casa La Vicinia (4 person occupation, with possibility to add 2 single beds)
Casa Artuico (2 person occupation, with possibility to use a single bed placed behind a separé)
Casa Rambaldo (4 person occupation)
Bed & Breakfast accommodation is also offered on the other side of the castle (4 rooms in the rice mill and 2 suites in the tower).
The main building is in the centre of the castle's 'borgo'. Walking through the entrance arch you first see the 'Guards' houses' on the right, then 'La Vicinia' (former administrative centre) in these three buildings there are the Holiday homes now. Afterwards there is a small arched bridge connecting the main building to the church of St. Nikolaus. Behind the church there are the stables, artisans' houses, granaries and archives.
At the end of the main building there is the ancient tower (2 B&B suites) and afterwards the rice mill (4 B&B rooms).
Standing here you can see a big garden on the left side (ancient orchard) and another one on the right side (the castle's main garden).
After the rice mill there is a little channe, which is the border with the twin castle of Strassoldo di Sotto, also belonging to the family of the counts of Strassoldo.
A jewel of the castle are it’s romantic gardens, fully of old trees, nice flowers and surrounded by spring-water streams.
In Strassoldo the ground is never colder than 13 Celsius degrees and this has a beneficial influence on nature and allows many exotic species to grow in the area – from old Chinese rose bushes to palm trees. Canadian maple trees bring Indian Summer colors in Friuli.
Strassoldo is the perfect place to dive into the flair of a region not overrun by tourists and discover the attractions and an incredible variety of landscapes concentrated in a small area, starting from high mountains, to rolling hills, green plains and rock or sand beaches.
The location offers a romantic and relaxing holiday in contact with nature and history. The castle complex is quiet and is in the middle of a small village where there are a little supermarket, a post office, a bank and a hairdresser, so exiting the castle complex you can feel the flair of a typical Friulan rural centre. Only 3 minutes on foot you can reach a bistro where you can eat great grilled meat, cheese and vegetables. Not much futher there are two rural restaurants with typical Friulan food. In the near surroundings there are many good restaurants and wineries, where you can taste some of the World’s best wines.
The castle is in a central position for those who want to discover the beautiful Friuli-Venezia Giulia Region and all the nearby attractions:
- Austria (60 minutes)
- Slovenia (35 minutes)
- the beach of Grado (20 minutes) and its wonderful Laguna with fishermen huts and great nature
- Venice (60 minutes. There’s a train connecting the nearby station of Cervignano to Venice.
- Trieste (38 minutes)
In Winter you can also reach the region's best ski resorts (Pramollo, Piancavallo, Sella Nevea) in only one hour's drive.
The castle’s guests may rest, make nice walks, go biking in the great countryside, swim in the nearby Adriatic sea, make great boat tours in the Laguna or to Trieste, Istria, Lignano and other places.
For those who love horses and riding, the castle has a special agreement with the nearby stables “Circolo Ippico Palmanova” where you can take riding lessons or rent a box for those who have their own horse. Expert riders may ride on the green walls of the fortress of Palmanova and in the countryside.
Near to the castle there many excellent wineries and rural restaurants.
The climate is great with wonderful Springs and Autumns, warm Summers and mild Winters.
Garden view from holiday homes
Facade Castello di Strassoldo di Sopra
Casa Artuico, entrance door
Casa La Vicinia. Porch on garden side
Casa La Vicinia - View from a window towards garden
La Vicinia, sitting area
La Vicinia. Yellow room
Casa Artuico, view from the bedroom door
Casa Rambaldo, dining area
Casa Rambaldo, bed on loft
Casa Artuico, bedroom
Facade of main building of castle
The tower of the castle
Casa La Vicinia, on the front side
Casa Rambaldo's private garden is large with lawn and old trees
River around castle's garden
Casa Rambaldo, sitting area
La Vicinia. Green room
Casa Artuico with its private garden. The roses are on border with castle garden
Casa Artuico, dining/kitchen area
Casa Rambaldo, bedroom
Casa Artuico, dining/sitting area
Castle complex in 2008: before restoration of Holiday homes and rice mill
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.